Rugby 2020 discussion

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
what a game the ref had!!!! he was essential for England victory
every time Farrell missed, the ref was there to give him another chance!
btw, England playing at home against a C french team almost loss

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It was a tough end but I liked what I saw from the team. We have decent depth and the next generation is already knocking at the door.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@JPRouve feeling very jealous of your young team with tonnes of potential right now.
I don't even understand how that's possible, at the moment France could field four teams that should only be under dogs against the top 3 teams. All the U20 World Cup winners play in Top 14 and they are all good to very good.

freeurmind

weak willed
Based on this tournament, feeling very confident about the Lions tour next year.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Steve Thompson and others are to sue for brain damage
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55201237
Dementia in your 40s and can't even remember the big matches you played in.
It’s pretty grim. A few points. I wonder whether world rugby (if they’re the body being sued) have got robust enough finances at the moment to face a group lawsuit.
Also, head guards. Surely they become mandatory at some point? Seems a no-brainer (pardon the shocking pun)

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
It’s pretty grim. A few points. I wonder whether world rugby (if they’re the body being sued) have got robust enough finances at the moment to face a group lawsuit.
Also, head guards. Surely they become mandatory at some point? Seems a no-brainer (pardon the shocking pun)
Ever more doubling down on the rules changes too I'd say.

A Treviso player did a diving elbow to the head of a Connacht player last week while he was on the ground after scoring a try. He only got a yellow card. I'd say the rules have a way to go yet before they're finished.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Ever more doubling down on the rules changes too I'd say.

A Treviso player did a diving elbow to the head of a Connacht player last week while he was on the ground after scoring a try. He only got a yellow card. I'd say the rules have a way to go yet before they're finished.
For foul play yeah. There’s only so much you can do with the rules though. I caught up with the Aus Arg match and the yellow Hooper got was crazy (shoulder to the head clearing out a player who was jackling). That is so hard to avoid, given the natural body position when jackling for the ball.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
This is very serious for Rugby. I imagine you will have waves of former Rugby players coming out.

Dementia at forty, christ almighty. Terrible.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
A hard-earned and well-deserved win. Great tries and loads of running even with the amount of box kicking.
What’s your thoughts on caterpillar rucking? It’s starting to become one of the most irritating facets of the game for me

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
What’s your thoughts on caterpillar rucking? It’s starting to become one of the most irritating facets of the game for me
Hate it. I was just thinking again how much I hate it during the game.

There were some really lazy efforts at it from Toulouse in the second half that screamed half-arsed. The sooner it's ruled out of the game the better.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Hate it. I was just thinking again how much I hate it during the game.

There were some really lazy efforts at it from Toulouse in the second half that screamed half-arsed. The sooner it's ruled out of the game the better.
Agreed. Slows the game down and encourages more kicking.

arnie_ni

Am I allowed to hate kolbe @unchanged_lineup?

Destroys us everytime.

What did you think of that stockdale pen when we had a 1 or 2 point lead and got pen right at their line with about 10 left?

Thought it was very soft TBH. The elbow to the throat one.

They cleared their lines and ended up scoring. 14 point swing

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

Destroys us everytime.

What did you think of that stockdale pen when we had a 1 or 2 point lead and got pen right at their line with about 10 left?

You can hate him, but it won't make him any less beautiful :lol:

I'd say even you had to laugh at the commentators saying that Kolbe stepped the Ulster players on his knees for his second try :D He's so unpredictable he even had the defence second-guessing themselves when he's on the floor.

Hmmm, I honestly think Stockdale got away with that one. It seems to be a thing he does and if I remember right, he's already got carded for doing it for Ireland, hasn't he?

Here's a "funny" thing - the Ref/TMO pairing last night was the same one for the Connacht - Benetton match last week. During that match, a Benetton player got away with doing a diving elbow onto a Connacht player's head after he'd scored a try. Literally jumped across players on the ground to do it. In that situation, it was the similar to last night with the TMO pushing the ref to look at it and the ref not being interested.

I think Toulouse could have got a yellow earlier in general maybe. Extremely cynical play at times. Hard to think the result would have gone differently though, I think on balance they deserved it.

Edit: As an extra aside, that ref looks like a GOT character to me. He could pass himself off as a Bolton :lol:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

Destroys us everytime.

Soft? I thought Stockdale was lucky it was just a pen