Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Not sure how the seeding works for this but strange that England,Ireland and Australia are in one group

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Rugby Championship kicks off today with South Africa taking on Australia in Pretoria from 4pm UK time and then Argentina hosting New Zealand in Mendoza at about 8pm UK time.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Rugby Championship kicks off today with South Africa taking on Australia in Pretoria from 4pm UK time and then Argentina hosting New Zealand in Mendoza at about 8pm UK time.
How do you think Eddie will get on with this Wallaby side? I had a look at the team and the pack looks pretty strong, though someone told me Slippers now out?

Would love the Argies to turn the Kiwis over and cause panic and gnashing of teeth in the build up to the World Cup

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
How do you think Eddie will get on with this Wallaby side? I had a look at the team and the pack looks pretty strong, though someone told me Slippers now out?

Would love the Argies to turn the Kiwis over and cause panic and gnashing of teeth in the build up to the World Cup
Quietly confident of a Wallabies win, particularly with Quade Cooper back. The worry is Australia have never won at Loftus Versfeld and this is a better Springboks side than people here will appreciate.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Quietly confident of a Wallabies win, particularly with Quade Cooper back. The worry is Australia have never won at Loftus Versfeld and this is a better Springboks side than people here will appreciate.
It’s gonna be a good one, decent summer day of sport with the cricket then Tri nat….rugby championship.

I fancy the boks tbh, I think it’s quite close but the altitude seems to always be worth about 5 points for South Africa so see them winning by 5-10

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
It’s gonna be a good one, decent summer day of sport with the cricket then Tri nat….rugby championship.

I fancy the boks tbh, I think it’s quite close but the altitude seems to always be worth about 5 points for South Africa so see them winning by 5-10
You may well be right on that. The Boks have picked a backline that suggests they're keen to run the ball so it won't just be about the stereotypical power game. I hope it's raining at Headingley when the rugby starts at Loftus so I don't have to pick and choose what I watch.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
You may well be right on that. The Boks have picked a backline that suggests they're keen to run the ball so it won't just be about the stereotypical power game. I hope it's raining at Headingley when the rugby starts at Loftus so I don't have to pick and choose what I watch.
Unrelated, I just watched the Rabbitohs vs the Bulldogs….bloody hell the difference in atmosphere was stark from the Super Rugby games I’ve watched recently. I can actually see why domestic Aussie rugby struggles, they’re coming up against a much better product than the Superleague is over here

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Unrelated, I just watched the Rabbitohs vs the Bulldogs….bloody hell the difference in atmosphere was stark from the Super Rugby games I’ve watched recently. I can actually see why domestic Aussie rugby struggles, they’re coming up against a much better product than the Superleague is over here
Thing is though that ground would have probably been only about 25-30% full. It'll be close to full for the State of Origin match on Wednesday but rugby league crowds aren't great unless it's finals time or State of Origin time.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Fun fact: Eddie Jones first tenure as Wallabies coach began at with a 20-15 loss at Loftus Versfeld in 2001. His 2nd stint will begin at the same venue. Hopefully the result is different this time.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Fun fact: Eddie Jones first tenure as Wallabies coach began at with a 20-15 loss at Loftus Versfeld in 2001. His 2nd stint will begin at the same venue. Hopefully the result is different this time.
That’s actually not an unrealistic score, might stick a fiver on it :lol:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
On a program called ''Rugby Heaven'' Justin Harrison said ''South Africa is the only country in the world where front rowers are married to supermodels''. One look at Steven Kitshoff and his wife and you'll see where Harrison is coming from.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
That’s actually not an unrealistic score, might stick a fiver on it :lol:
Just don't put a fiver on 92-3 which is the score Eddie's Queensland Reds team lost by at Loftus in 2007. Needless to say Jones' tenure at the Reds ended a few days after that.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Just don't put a fiver on 92-3 which is the score Eddie's Queensland Reds team lost by at Loftus in 2007. Needless to say Jones' tenure at the Reds ended a few days after that.
Nah, fiver on SA by exactly 5 points. It’ll perk me up a bit after the crickets been pissed away

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Keep and eye on Tom Hooper, a Scott Fardy type back rower and young flyhalf Carter Gordon who's on the bench.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
On a program called ''Rugby Heaven'' Justin Harrison said ''South Africa is the only country in the world where front rowers are married to supermodels''. One look at Steven Kitshoff and his wife and you'll see where Harrison is coming from.
:lol: our rugby players and cricketers here are basically celebrities and the Afrikaans culture in particular, is very strong/religious about those 2 sports….so yeah, the front rowers are always reaching above their station in that regards

Waiting on the kickoff. Good luck bud

edit: I’d actually challenge you to go check up on most of them. Check schalk burger as an example

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
:lol: our rugby players and cricketers here are basically celebrities and the Afrikaans culture in particular, is very strong/religious about those 2 sports….so yeah, the front rowers are always reaching above their station in that regards

Waiting on the kickoff. Good luck bud

edit: I’d actually challenge you to go check up on most of them. Check schalk burger as an example
You're right about South African players having attractive wives. Heinrich Brussouw did well for himself. So too has Handre Pollard. I'm quietly confident. You seem to have picked a team that wants to run the ball. Good luck to you too!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
You're right about South African players having attractive wives. Heinrich Brussouw did well for himself. So too has Handre Pollard. I'm quietly confident. You seem to have picked a team that wants to run the ball.
Yeah, you’ll find the same for most cricketers, albeit they don’t have “front rowers” I guess :lol:

Yep, should make for an amazing match! Though we’re always at our best playing with brute force and the front 10. We’ll see…good luck mate

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Marika!!!!!! Wallabies spin the wide and early and have been rewarded for it.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
That first scrum from the Boks was ominous but Southern Hemisphere refs want the ball in and out.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
South Africa's best piece of play yields their first try from Kurt Lee Arrendse.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
That first scrum from the Boks was ominous but Southern Hemisphere refs want the ball in and out.
The boks playing running rugby when it’s open as well, Esterhuizen looking good at 12. Could be a tough day at the office here

Status
Not open for further replies.