Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

Can see Biggar on the end of some special treatment from Argentina with his injury.

Traub

Argentina looking the better so far, but neither team looking great.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Despite what people say about you, I think you're alright Heapy.
My G.F is Welsh, we went to the six nations in Cardiff and pre match I was kind of getting into the whole c'mon England let's do this lot.

Then we scored a try about 15 mins in and I started a chat with the England fans in the row down - some of the most insufferable priviliged cnuts you could ever wish to meet.

Reminded me why I cant stand the sport (in England - class sport in Wales).

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
My G.F is Welsh, we went to the six nations in Cardiff and pre match I was kind of getting into the whole c'mon England let's do this lot.

Then we scored a try about 15 mins in and I started a chat with the England fans in the row down - some of the most insufferable priviliged cnuts you could ever wish to meet.

Reminded me why I cant stand the sport (in England - class sport in Wales).
It's even worse on Ireland, the class thing, but with professionalism and the subsequent success and popularity it's changing a bit here. But yes, 20 years ago it was the hobby of the 1%. Pretty much exclusively private schools in Ulster and around Dublin. Very few would have attended an Ireland Rugby Match and a Dublin Gaa fixture. That has changed though, for a few reasons.

So I can now cheer on our solicitors and doctors chasing an oddly shaped ball.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
It's even worse on Ireland, the class thing, but with professionalism and the subsequent success and popularity it's changing a bit here. But yes, 20 years ago it was the hobby of the 1%. Pretty much exclusively private schools in Ulster and around Dublin. Very few would have attended an Ireland Rugby Match and a Dublin Gaa fixture. That has changed though, for a few reasons.

So I can now cheer on our solicitors and doctors chasing an oddly shaped ball.
Must there always be this class debate in rugby. It’s so frustrating when the games dying over here.

I do down to watch Doncaster Knights in the championship….you’d have never thought it was a posh boys sport sat in that crowd

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Must there always be this class debate in rugby. It’s so frustrating when the games dying over here.

I do down to watch Doncaster Knights in the championship….you’d have never thought it was a posh boys sport sat in that crowd
Well it's not a debate so much as analysis. And yes it's less entrenched in England by all accounts, and there has always been the exception here too.

Is it dying or just in a bit of a rut?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

Yeh i sympathise with rugby fans hearing this boring shit all the time, would wind me up too - I like Cricket and it has a similiar problem. But it is facts.

Anyway, will shut up, WC QF....

Withnail

It's very much a thing in Ireland but it changing as Moses said. Hopefully we won't have to talk about it at all soon enough.

Tarrou

this Wales team is easily the worst world cup squad we've had since 2007, would be mental if we somehow jammed our way to the final

Status
Not open for further replies.