Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Both these teams are a level above. Obviously I want England to win it but if they don’t I’d like to see France win it. A team that hasn’t before. But I can’t see England getting past either of these.

LDUred

World Rugby should give their head a wobble. These two games should've been the semis, leading into a massive final. The semis are going to be such a come down.
England are massive underdogs but beating them in the World Cup is still a big deal.

France/South Africa vs England is a worthy semi-final imo.

Traub

England are massive underdogs but beating them in the World Cup is still a big deal.

France/South Africa vs England is a worthy semi-final imo.
I can't see the white text, but I'm assuming you just forgot to add it.

Traub

I didn't realise the French had a 6-2 split on the bench. We'll need to be a bit ahead before they come on.

Traub

Can't believe that's a yellow, they really need to look at this rule after the world cup.

Zen

Oh ffs. At some point, I might accept this... but these guys have gotta be borderline robotically good with their actions, consistently too.

Traub

No way that is a yellow card, natural clash of heads and shoulders in the collision.
It is by the rules I think. Even though Mapimpi's injury wasn't deemed to be yellow, but that was more down to the ref than the rules.

chicha14

They finally gave Eben the yellow card they have been trying to give him all tournament.
Terrible call!

LDUred

I can't see the white text, but I'm assuming you just forgot to add it.
You have to beat a big side or two at some point to win the World Cup. It doesn't matter whether you do it in the quarters, semis, or in the final.

At the end of the day, the final will most likely contain New Zealand, who've won it three times, and whoever out of South Africa/France who gets there will have to get past England, who've won it once and were beaten finalists in 2019. It's not like the entire competition will be devalued by this being the quarter. No one will say, 'Ah, France won it in 2023, but they only beat England in the semis, when it should have been Ireland - who've never even been in a semi before.'

The rules are pretty clear and personally having a quarter that isn't a cake walk makes the competition more interesting, does it not?

What has sucked a good deal of excitement out of the World Cup is not the organisers but how bad Australia have been.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I honestly think that’s the best half of rugby I’ve ever watched, or certainly up there with the best.

Hope lots of non-regular viewers are watching on a Sunday evening

Traub

Two electric (evening) QFs.
The standard is just off the charts.
It may be recency bias, but I genuinely can't remember a world cup with 4 teams who could all beat each other. It's usually 1 top team into the world cup with a couple of outsiders.

Traub

I don't know how we are going to contain that French team with 14 men. I think if we only give away 3/5 points, it will be a mini victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.