Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

Congrats Scotland. Overall thought it was a low quality game. Ireland and France frontrunners surely.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There is nothing sweeter than seeing England lose.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
"It just goes to show a Six Nations game doesn't need to be high-quality to be entertaining". Oof.

kidbob

I mean England should have absolutely had a scrum penalty there but to be honest they didn't deserve it. That much possession and they did nothing just like Ireland tend to do also. France are going to show that brave rugby is what wins in this 6 nations. Ireland and England have the players to play attacking rugby but the coaches apparently refuse to take risks. In particular that should be Jones' last match as England coach. He is wasting a crazy amount of talent by making England play like a Teir 2 nation would.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
England played well with a reworked team but too wasteful given the platform their forwards gave them. Inexcusable really.
Well done Scotland, made the absolute most of what you got.
O’Keefe you bottling cnut. That’s a pen all week and you bottled it you fecking coward

Dan_F

I mean England should have absolutely had a scrum penalty there but to be honest they didn't deserve it. That much possession and they did nothing just like Ireland tend to do also. France are going to show that brave rugby is what wins in this 6 nations. Ireland and England have the players to play attacking rugby but the coaches apparently refuse to take risks. In particular that should be Jones' last match as England coach. He is wasting a crazy amount of talent by making England play like a Teir 2 nation would.
I’m surprised he’s still there. Every year seems to be new promises and the same tumescent rugby.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Poor England.

Although leaning into their unpopularity by hiring Jones was a mistake from the get go. Who could they get onboard to win hearts and minds?

kidbob

Honestly embarrassed at how Ireland constantly look worse than their provinces do. FFS just give the job to Friend (please do) and compensate Connacht to a huge amount or else give it to Leo and his coaching staff considering most of the Irish starting team play better rugby under him. As for England sack Jones for God's sake. He is literally holding back an absolute goldmine of talent at this point. Anyone who keeps playing Youngs deserves an instant sacking on that alone.

kidbob

I’m surprised he’s still there. Every year seems to be new promises and the same tumescent rugby.
It's insane mate. England have so much talent yet they allow a clown like him coach them to play shit rugby. With a proper coach they are 20 points up at half time today, and that is with half their first team missing!!

JPRouve

Scout
Poor England.

Although leaning into their unpopularity by hiring Jones was a mistake from the get go. Who could they get onboard to win hearts and minds?
No one, they are the Rugby world's favorite enemies.

dbs235

No one, they are the Rugby world's favorite enemies.
Anything in particular that they do that's annoying that other nations don't do? Don't want to cause a war :lol: Just curious, I don't follow rugby closely enough.

kidbob

England played well with a reworked team but too wasteful given the platform their forwards gave them. Inexcusable really.
Well done Scotland, made the absolute most of what you got.
O’Keefe you bottling cnut. That’s a pen all week and you bottled it you fecking coward
England played absolutely terribly because they have a shit coach. Just like Ireland played terribly because they have a shit coach. Both sides have so much talent to play rugby like the likes of France do attacking wise but are held back by stupid coaches who are scared to try it. France have been shit for years but now they are going to win the World Cup (mark my words!!) because thy are willing to take chances.

The changes didn't affect England today the absolute joke of their coaching staff did.

Edit: FFS the 'changes' you had dominated the first half but couldn't score for shit. That is a coaching problem.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Honestly embarrassed at how Ireland constantly look worse than their provinces do. FFS just give the job to Friend (please do) and compensate Connacht to a huge amount or else give it to Leo and his coaching staff considering most of the Irish starting team play better rugby under him. As for England sack Jones for God's sake. He is literally holding back an absolute goldmine of talent at this point. Anyone who keeps playing Youngs deserves an instant sacking on that alone.
For the last time, leave my Andy Friend alone!

Dan_F

Anything in particular that they do that's annoying that other nations don't do? Don't want to cause a war :lol: Just curious, I don't follow rugby closely enough.
No of course not. It’s not a rugby specific thing. In fairness I barely like this country most of the time either.

kidbob

I watched Joe Schmidt play the best rugby in terms of attack and defence that Europe has ever seen with Leinster but when he had basically the same player pool he when into his shell with Ireland. Jones has been exactly the same with England so the question is: is there something is the set up that stops them from being allowed to play the rugby they did at club level?

JPRouve

Scout
They are the most arrogant Rugby nation, traditionally play the nastiest brand of Rugby imaginable, won a World Cup doing it and rubbed it in.

kidbob

For the last time, leave my Andy Friend alone!
I'd love to mate if I wasn't convinced he is, in my mind, the best coach in the World!!! Every single time I see Leinster play Connacht are the only side who make me feel we played better attacking rugby! and he does it with the smallest resources!

kidbob

Also can I please use this thread to make sure that everyone in the World understands that Tadgh Furlong is maybe the best player in the World. I'm not saying he is but he deserves to be in the conversation as front rows are normally ignored. His absence has literally caused Leinster a European Cup when we lost to Sarries (a super team in their own right). Such a stupidly great player.

JPRouve

Scout
Also can I please use this thread to make sure that everyone in the World understands that Tadgh Furlong is maybe the best player in the World. I'm not saying he is but he deserves to be in the conversation as front rows are normally ignored. His absence has literally caused Leinster a European Cup when we lost to Sarries (a super team in their own right). Such a stupidly great player.
You can not. You will see the best players tomorrow.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
You're full of rugby enthusiasm tonight!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I feel like you haven’t watched Ireland over the last 4 or 5 months…

JPRouve

Scout
You are cruel so!! You could at least acknowledge him before you guys wreck us next week!!
Nah, you are right he is excellent and should be recognized though among front rowers, I feel the same about Marchand and I'm perpetually amazed by Dane Coles.

Withnail

You're full of rugby enthusiasm tonight!
Serious negativity there. We'll see how the France do tomorrow but teams don't generally look the best in the first game.

We've gotten a usually tricky opponent out of the way with a bonus point. Performance levels should increase a fair bit for the second match.

Status
Not open for further replies.