Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
fecking embarrassing to support england after that.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The mighty Ireland beaten! Well done NZ. Thoroughly deserved, despite Wayne Barnes doing his best to keep fecking them over.

dbs235

An absolute all time World Cup classic that. Deserved to have been the semi-final.

Name Changed

weso26
New Zealand were amazing to be fair. Writing was on the wall when Ireland went 0-3 with New Zealand down to 14.

Dannn411

NZ were flawless. Made maybe one or two errors in 80 minutes. Outrageous performance. And we still ran them close. What a game of rugby.
Can't believe its the same NZ team we saw on opening night against France. To play like this against the number one team in the world a man down for 20 minutes too is just astounding.

Skills

Snitch
This is Ireland's best ever team, and the weakest ABs team in forever. It's amazing how they can still just turn it on like that. Watch out for the next great AB generation.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The margins are tight between the top teams. You cannot give each other a 13 point headstart - its too much to overcome. I was reading an article as well about how Ireland have started poorly all of the last times in the quarter finals, which is what happened tonight again.

Missed opportunity i feel for ireland because i think we are better than New Zealand at present. Sexton retiring now so a big loss.

Traub

NZ were flawless. Made maybe one or two errors in 80 minutes. Outrageous performance. And we still ran them close. What a game of rugby.
Commiserations Pogue. NZ have gone under the radar so far.

That game will be the game of the tournament no doubt.

Name Changed

weso26
New Zealand deserved it. 100%.

Need to revise the draw though. It shouldn't be done 3 years before. The best 4 teams are in one half of the draw.

Hopefully that's addressed.

Anyway, what a match. Ireland were excellent, New Zealand were better. Great game.

Brophs

The One and Only
Sexton’s retired now. Glasgow handshakes all round. “Ban this, you mothers!”[points at his penis]

RedDevilRoshi

I’ll be stunned if any game comes close to topping that. That was rugby at its very very best.

Dannn411

New Zealand deserved it. 100%.

Need to revise the draw though. It shouldn't be done 3 years before. The best 4 teams are in one half of the draw.

Hopefully that's addressed.

Anyway, what a match. Ireland were excellent, New Zealand were better. Great game.
Amen. Draw should be done like the football world cup. Close to the tournament date. These two should have never met this early. Same with France and SA.

Tarrou

quite glad Wales lost now after watching that

feck me they'd put 50 points on us

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Commiserations Pogue. NZ have gone under the radar so far.

That game will be the game of the tournament no doubt.
Someone didn't.

I think people are underestimating NZ. The way they talk about them or the way they judge France through NZ would lead you to believe that it wasn't a game against two of the current top 4 international teams. Even their bad loss against SA wasn't that easy or impressive from SA until the second half. Statistically the game wasn't as one sided as the scoreline would lead you to believe, the key points against NZ for France and SA were turnorvers won and better discipline.

NZ has big issues that certain teams can exploit but their defensive line is good and they are good at carrying the ball. Unfortunately at the minute SA, Ireland and France have better defenses and are better in rucks which could chnage during a particular game where you end up being destroyed by the same currently underrated All Blacks.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Thought New Zealand did their homework brilliantly, competed aggressively for the ball and flew into rucks when there was a sliver a chance of a turnover.

Irelands poor start and failure to sort that bloody lineout which has been poor earlier in the tournament cost them dear

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Aki could run into an oncoming train and gain yards. Some animal.

Disgusted but can't be mad. Gave our all, no officiating fecked us over. Just ABs being the fecking ABs.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
NZ were class but it felt like we made a lot of mistakes and weren’t nearly as good as in the SA game to be honest.

what a game though, final worthy.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Brilliant game. I've spent the week telling people they're assholes for writing off the All Black's. Like we Irish don't know what happens when you get ahead off yourselves. Pfffft.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Was saying the other day I thought NZ were going under the radar. I know they were playing relatively poor opposition, but they were racking up an incredible amount of points. I did still think Ireland would win, and that was a good chance for them to do so, but fair play to NZ. Even with the yellow cards (the first one being a joke), they played exceptionally well.

Guess England will win the whole thing now...

Status
Not open for further replies.