Ryan Giggs. Professional, Legend, Adulterer, Accomplice, Assassin, Usurper?

RedPnutz

I am really not sure how anyone can really have anything other than conjecture and at best rumour to throw at Giggs. Whilst I can't believe he's the answer i.e. our next manager, I don't get how so many can be so anti Giggs in such a way that suggests he's been somehow underhand in all of this.
True, hence the OP states that everything that follows is conjecture.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
It this even a remotely serious question?

One has none managerial experience, the other(bar the last 6 months) has not finished below 3rd with any club he managed, won 8 league titles in 4 different countries, 2 CL, 1 EL, 7 domestic cups and has finished exactly 1 season without winning silverware in the last 12 years. Not to mention his record in CL which is also quite good - SF or better in 8 out of 11 occasions winning twice.
Exactly! This is my point. Why is Ryan Giggs even a candidate? It's stupid beyon belief. First David Moyes and now Ryan Giggs. Totally crazy. Please stop this madness.

NK86

I don't disagree with your points. Although I am interested to know why most here say that Giggs has very little input or that his inputs are ignored by LVG. Is there proof of that? Or are we extrapolating that because LVG has a reputation of being an evil, iron-fisted dictator? The counter to that argument is that LVG has publicly endorsed Giggs as the next manager and we see during matches that LVG frequently engages Giggs in discussions. This suggests to me that LVG does take Giggs' input into consideration.

Nothing wrong with being an ambitious man at all. And for the nth time, I do not claim he will make a poor manager.
I am not saying whether LVG does or does not entertains suggestions from Ryan. I don't have the first clue about it tbh. Also, I don't care even if he is trying to get the manager's post by being sly/evil/immoral. All I do know is I don't want him to be our manager before he has proven himself somewhere. This stance of mine would have been the same even if he was declared a living Saint by the Pope.

You clearly mentioned you didn't want Giggs to be the new manager and the reasons were that his moral compass was all over the place and since he was infidel and not sorry about it then he cannot be trusted to be our manager. I seriously don't see the relationship between the two. He was an excellent player for us while he was shacking up with his sister-in-law. My point is his personal life has feck all to do with his professional one. If we could look into the future and know that he would be as great as SAF, I would hire him as our manager in a heartbeat even if he has another affair.

RedPnutz

So why the reference to his personal life? You made a big play of it.
Only because his personal life showed us what sort of character he could be when he is not flying down the wings with a ball at his feet. I mean, have you seen the Ronaldo thread, I think some posters hate Ronaldo because of the way he combs his hair. And once again, it has no relevance to whether he is will make a good manager or not. I do not prefer him as manager for total different reasons.

I only suggest that he may (the operative word here is "may", not "is") not be above resorting to underhanded tactics to bolster his position or further weaken LVG's position (and yes, LVG has weakened his owned position - no argument from me about that). Hence, at the last part I said the new manager may have a defence against such politicking, if it exists, by enjoying success quickly.

RedPnutz

I don't want Giggs as our next manager for the very simple reason he's not qualified to be Utd manager. The private stuff I've never bothered to look into. But one poster saying he was sleeping with her when she was 7 months pregnant? How does anyone know that for a fact? I don't get how anyone knows the exact story of what happened.

If the story is indeed as grim as some report then why do we see such great men, with old school values like SAF & Sir Bobby praise Giggs over and over for being a "great human being"? Why would someone as straight up as Roy Keane still bother with Giggs, why are Neville, Scholes, Beckham etc all still publicly involved with him?

But yeah, the bottom line is he shouldn't be Utd manager.
I guess if he had been sleeping with her for eight years and his nephew is less than 8 years old.....?

Just curious, if you had a good mate (since high school or something) that was cheating on his wife, will you sever your relationship with him totally?

NK86

Only because his personal life showed us what sort of character he could be when he is not flying down the wings with a ball at his feet. I mean, have you seen the Ronaldo thread, I think some posters hate Ronaldo because of the way he combs his hair. And once again, it has no relevance to whether he is will make a good manager or not. I do not prefer him as manager for total different reasons.

I only suggest that he may (the operative word here is "may", not "is") not be above resorting to underhanded tactics to bolster his position or further weaken LVG's position (and yes, LVG has weakened his owned position - no argument from me about that). Hence, at the last part I said the new manager may have a defence against such politicking, if it exists, by enjoying success quickly.
He was having an affair while he was still an active player. Did you notice anything in his behaviour during that time to suggest that he was not the guy you thought he was? It is only after you came to know about his personal life that you have now assumed that Giggs is not right for us. The point is nothing he has done on the field really shows him in poor light as a player/human and your badgering of his professional abilities because of something you came to know about his personal life makes very little sense.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Just put me out of my misery. Anyone but LvG.

If, and it's a big if, Giggs gets the job and is successful that would make me a lot happier than Mourinho being successful. Simply because he is regarded as one of ours. Sentimental value. Heart over mind.

RedPnutz

I agree. But you definitely get the sense that the precise nature of Giggs' role at the club is going to come in to sharper and sharper focus. Personally I'd have given him the job permanently after Moyes, I know the majority don't agree with that but that's my personal take on it. Given the situation now and what looks like another disaster under LVG its times to either give Giggs the job or move him on too. Not because Giggs has necessarily done anything wrong but because it just can't be a healthy situation to have a 'pretender to the throne' always there, waiting in the wings. Its decision time for me; stick with LVG for 18 more months or appoint another manager (Giggs, Jose or Pep). But it really does feel like the endgame is approaching.
Agree with this. I'd rather we find out quickly if Giggs' can be a successful manager or not, than to have him hanging around.

Rory 7

Just put me out of my misery. Anyone but LvG.

If, and it's a big if, Giggs gets the job and is successful that would make me a lot happier than Mourinho being successful. Simply because he is regarded as one of ours. Sentimental value. Heart over mind.
Me too

diarm

People saying Giggs is undermining LvG is all guesswork.
It's a thread dedicated entirely to making football decisions on Eastenders logic. Reasonable, fact based debate such as yours, is not high on the list of priorities in here.

RedPnutz

They should stay out of United's issues entirely.
It would be difficult, wouldn't it? Considering they were a large part of their history and one of their good mates is there as assistant manager. The press is bound to ask them for opinions.

Exactly! This is my point. Why is Ryan Giggs even a candidate? It's stupid beyon belief. First David Moyes and now Ryan Giggs. Totally crazy. Please stop this madness.
I guess if Neville can manage Valencia, why not Giggs at United? Not that I agree it is a good reason, but it if it works it is a great story.

He was having an affair while he was still an active player. Did you notice anything in his behaviour during that time to suggest that he was not the guy you thought he was? It is only after you came to know about his personal life that you have now assumed that Giggs is not right for us. The point is nothing he has done on the field really shows him in poor light as a player/human and your badgering of his professional abilities because of something you came to know about his personal life makes very little sense.
Not at all. But let's not also forget that Fergie was probably a bigger figure to fear and more wily than most at the club. If Giggs was a still a player and the news of his affair came out, he'd still be one of the first names in the squad for me. Unless he starts banging his teammate's wife, following which I would be concerned about the team spirit in the dressing room.

It makes little sense because it really makes little sense. How do you not understand? I have said again and again, I don't know if he will be a good manager. And I don't think his adultery has relevance to his COMPETENCE as a Manager. I do not conclude that because of his compromised personal values, he is therefore compromised in his professional abilities as a manager. Am I clear enough?

RedPnutz

It's a thread dedicated entirely to making football decisions on Eastenders logic. Reasonable, fact based debate such as yours, is not high on the list of priorities in here.
As Sultan said, it's all guesswork and conjecture. As the writer of OP, I totally agree.

But office politics and dynamics of authorities and power plays have had much research and literature written about them, so I don't see what's too far-fetched about claiming that it is possible (remember, possible doesn't mean highly probable) that there are politics at play here.

NK86

It would be difficult, wouldn't it? Considering they were a large part of their history and one of their good mates is there as assistant manager. The press is bound to ask them for opinions.

I guess if Neville can manage Valencia, why not Giggs at United? Not that I agree it is a good reason, but it if it works it is a great story.

Not at all. But let's not also forget that Fergie was probably a bigger figure to fear and more wily than most at the club. If Giggs was a still a player and the news of his affair came out, he'd still be one of the first names in the squad for me. Unless he starts banging his teammate's wife, following which I would be concerned about the team spirit in the dressing room.

It makes little sense because it really makes little sense. How do you not understand? I have said again and again, I don't know if he will be a good manager. And I don't think his adultery has relevance to his COMPETENCE as a Manager. I do not conclude that because of his compromised personal values, he is therefore compromised in his professional abilities as a manager. Am I clear enough?
Again, you say you don't know about his competence as a manager yet you advocated removing him based on his immorality as a husband and a brother. From there you deduce that he could actually be a cause for LVG's failure and thus he should be shown the door. How can you then come around and say that you did not judge his professional ability based on his compromised personal values when you have repeatedly pointed out that a man who can bang his brother's wife with little remorse can stoop to any level?

diarm

As Sultan said, it's all guesswork and conjecture. As the writer of OP, I totally agree.

But office politics and dynamics of authorities and power plays have had much research and literature written about them, so I don't see what's too far-fetched about claiming that it is possible (remember, possible doesn't mean highly probable) that there are politics at play here.
Then discuss office politics and power plays all you like. You have nothing but spoof and conjecture to prove anything but if you want to suggest it as a hypothetical then go ahead.

Just leave the sex lives and fidelity gossip out of the football forums. It's soap opera nonsense and has no relevance to a persons ability to manage people or an organisation. The most successful POTUS of the last 30 years was unfaithful to his wife while in office. There are countless examples of shitty husbands and family members who were incredibly successful at their jobs.

You can go discuss how awful a husband and brother Giggs is on the General Forum. Just stop trying to dress up your gossip and drivel as something more substantial on the football forum.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Haven't we learnt from moyes?

He looks midtatable, manages midtable, plays like a midtable team, smug, and people here are buying the imaginary cut from fergies cloth, staying for 20 years. Haven't we learnt that football is simple? If he's good he's good. Porto, barcelona b, mainz, atletico can't hide the fact that they're good. The works they've shown, but we rather believe in imaginary attributes rather than proven one.

Look at neville valencia, people here claims he knowledgeable, loves the club, captain of united past, he's the same pedigree as giggs (just a few years behind giggs in longevity). Do you guys see anything special in valencia play? (it's early, but we'll be seeing something in a few months)

If neville is not a guaranteed success why makes you think giggs is a guaranteed success with us? Forget guarantee, the chance of giggs being another saf is 5 percent at best ( all of his understudy that went to managerial job and no one have shown anything like him. The sample is too many to mention)

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
I wouldn't be content with Giggs even in a 6 month caretaker capacity. This season isn't even a right off yet, we still have a good chance of getting in the top four and who knows what beyond that. Not qualifying for the CL for 2 out of 3 seasons would be a catastrophe for a club of our stature, but we'd deserve everything coming to us if we take a punt on someone that hasn't proved anything at this level.

Ixion

Giggs has never been a player I thought would make a good manager. His demeanor on the pitch or all the times I've listened to him speak off it he has never struck me as a great manager in the making. Even now when things are going badly I don't see him coming out and speaking to the press, more like he's hiding from it (and it's not an excuse that he's just the assistant manager, if he's the next manager in waiting he needs to do things like this). I just don't see what it is about his personality that people think will equate to a great manager. It just seems like our longest serving player ever had come to the end of his career so we wanted to keep him around and hoped Van Gaal would bring back success and Giggs would maintain the continuity and could carry it on. That hasn't happened.

Thisistheone

I guess if he had been sleeping with her for eight years and his nephew is less than 8 years old.....?

Just curious, if you had a good mate (since high school or something) that was cheating on his wife, will you sever your relationship with him totally?
But how do you know he was sleeping with her 'while she was pregnant'? Do we know for sure it was weekly? It might have been a couple of times over the 8 years when her and Rhodri had broken up? I'm not trying to defend him, mearly trying to understand how people know for sure these little details?

The reason I'm questioning it is the ones who know him best at the club, Fergie etc continued to praise him after the news broke. Can't imagine Sir Alex being ok with Giggs if whats been said in here was 100% true.

As for your question, no I don't think so but it would depend on the details. You?

Rory 7

Haven't we learnt from moyes?

He looks midtatable, manages midtable, plays like a midtable team, smug, and people here are buying the imaginary cut from fergies cloth, staying for 20 years. Haven't we learnt that football is simple? If he's good he's good. Porto, barcelona b, mainz, atletico can't hide the fact that they're good. The works they've shown, but we rather believe in imaginary attributes rather than proven one.

Look at neville valencia, people here claims he knowledgeable, loves the club, captain of united past, he's the same pedigree as giggs (just a few years behind giggs in longevity). Do you guys see anything special in valencia play? (it's early, but we'll be seeing something in a few months)

If neville is not a guaranteed success why makes you think giggs is a guaranteed success with us? Forget guarantee, the chance of giggs being another saf is 5 percent at best ( all of his understudy that went to managerial job and no one have shown anything like him. The sample is too many to mention)
There won't be another SAF.

If we are going to sack a hugely experienced manager in LVG we will need to appoint a new one. I think most would agree it comes down to one of three choices. Pep (who appears to be going to City), Jose (who is hugely divisive) and Giggs (who is hugely inexperienced).

If it transpires that, for whatever reason, the board goes with Giggs it will be about time. We can all finally see what the supposedly has in his locker that the likes of SAF have been talking about. It it works great. If it doesn't it doesn't. Personally I'll be glad either way as I am sick of the constant sniping about Giggs on here.

RedPnutz

Then discuss office politics and power plays all you like. You have nothing but spoof and conjecture to prove anything but if you want to suggest it as a hypothetical then go ahead.

Just leave the sex lives and fidelity gossip out of the football forums. It's soap opera nonsense and has no relevance to a persons ability to manage people or an organisation. The most successful POTUS of the last 30 years was unfaithful to his wife while in office. There are countless examples of shitty husbands and family members who were incredibly successful at their jobs.

You can go discuss how awful a husband and brother Giggs is on the General Forum. Just stop trying to dress up your gossip and drivel as something more substantial on the football forum.
Once again the claim that Giggs is not ABLE enough to do the job. I have said in many posts that I don't know if he is a good manager or not and I know plenty of dickheads who are great at their jobs so you don't have to convince me of that.

Plus I think you are the one taking it seriously. I said it was conjecture and I suggested early to stop reading.

If you are unhappy about this, feel free to get a mod to move this to the General. No objection with that.

jem

Naturally the OP will not sit right with United fans but I agree with a lot of it.

I think its only right that the selfish and underhanded nature of his affair has people questioning his motives in his professional life. I'm not sure why people have a problem with that.

:rolleyes:

Are you Giggs' missus?
Why would they be related?

SiRed

Everything that follows is purely conjecture.

Avoid reading this unless you have 5 minutes of your life you don't mind not getting back. The post below Will likely offend and outrage people who;

1) Are Totally convinced that LVG is shit;
2) are convinced LVG is the sole problem the club is facing;
3) believe fully that progress must be linear;
4) believe life and relationships work in straightforward fashions;
5) cannot entertain alternative ideas that could be outlandish;
6) think that our players are above reproach;
7) believe that we as Man United have an entitlement to trophies.

So maybe you can stop reading. Judging by anecdotal reading of the forum, 20% of might find this interesting and worth having a discussion about, 60% will have found this boring and stretched but perhaps have some truth, and 20% will be mighty upset and angry. If those odds don't work for you, stop reading and go to the LVG Out thread.

I used to admire Ryan Giggs but now I only look fondly at the player, not the man after retirement from the playing field.

I will always remember when this young boy broke into the team with his floppy curly hair with the ball seemingly glued to his feet and even the wind was unable to catch him. As a Man Utd fan for nearly three decades, Giggs had always been a fixture and a symbol of what I had thought Manchester United was about: youthful exuberance, pace, attacking prowess and loyalty. I admired the way he protected his body through yoga and adapted his skills to be functional in other positions in the squad. To me it was as if he loved the game and the club so much that he wanted to go on forever and he wanted to extract every drop of value he could bring to the club. Because of that, he was a Legend and still is. But perhaps he is thinking after decades in contribution, he should be receiving his rightful due with arguably the biggest managerial job in England.

Sometime over the last several years the media revealed, in my personal opinion only, an extremely reprehensible side of Mr Giggs: that he had been sleeping with his brother's wife for eight years amongst his other affairs.

Eight years. His brother's wife.

Now, I suppose that there are many that may take a casual view over the occasional extra-marital one-night stands or have some level of nonchalance about extended extra-marital affairs, but really. Your own brother's wife? Not once in a drunken party but a knowing, purposeful, consistent, habitual sexual relationship with your brother's wife. Picture the same happening to you.

And of course Giggs continued to keep up his clean cut family image, parading his children at matches and events. We often have to take the media with a large dollop of salt, but I last read that our Legend Giggs did not offer any apology till now but mentions "it was just sex". Of course it takes two to tango, but let's see here so our beloved Ryan simply treated his Sister-in-law as some sex object (and probably his own brother as some fool). So now the brother has divorced the wife. Family dinners must be fun. Well done, Ryan. You have screwed not just the women must the lives of many around you.

This speaks volumes about Gigg's character. Forget that he has never been given a real managerial job. Forget that he needs to earn his managerial stripes at a smaller club before managing Manchester United. Despite knowing that the odds of Gigg's jumping straight in as manager of Man Utd and succeeding are infinitesimal, silly romanticism and sentimentality may see it worth taking that gamble on Ryan Giggs.

But not now, and not ever I hope. No one's perfect, of course. Everyone has some flaws and dark sides but Gigg's deceit reveal the depth of his character. Can it be that he is only an immoral, lying, self-gratifying and hypocritical human being in his personal life but an otherwise exemplary human being in professional football? Research, academia and history suggest extremely unlikely.

These two and a half years of supposed failure of Man Utd has several common factors, and one of these factors - a large one, has been the presence of Ryan Giggs.

Ryan Giggs is such a fixture and legend at Old Trafford that I have no doubt he holds the awe of many and has considerable influence over the senior players, youth and staff at the club.

During Moyes' time, it was reported that Giggs made several veiled remarks about Moyes' methods. The media has never criticised Giggs despite him being the assistant manager.

There appear to have been leaks even today, after several of the old guard like Rio and Vidic have left. We have only the senior suspects in Rooney, Carrick and Giggs. The class of 92 and ex-players have been taking snipes at United for several months and interestingly Giggs has been strangely dissociated from the troubles.

It is political now. Giggs is in one of the best positons anyone can hope to have. He has got the resentful fans on his side. His pals in the media are laying into LVG and keeping him absolved of any fault. In additional to being a foreign manager whom the British media loves to criticise, LVG has a language and cultural barrier that makes him easily misunderstood and often lets him dig deeper holes. I have never heard Giggs speak up and defend the current regime. It is clear he wants to be detached from it.

LVG has frequently said Giggs will be the next manager. I cannot imagine that he will ignore Giggs input. We also see during matches that LVG speaks frequently to Giggs - how can Giggs not have a part to play in the team's current malaise? It is always easy to target one person rather than a committee and unfortunately LVG makes himself an easy target at times. What I think is that Giggs is using various channels such as discontent in senior players and using his pals as media mouth pieces to increased the target on LVG's back.

All for his self-serving aim to be the next manager of Manchester United. His character tells us he is capable of selfish, underhanded and hypocritical acts.

You could argue the board may not be stupid enough to give the job to an inexperienced Giggs, but it comes down to influence and popular opinion. Just like the club management may be swayed but media articles to dismiss a manager they could be pressured to appoint one, especially if it is a figure of such status as Ryan Giggs combined with fan's romanticism and particularly if no one is available (Pep to City, Ancelotti to Bayern, Mourinho... Really?... Rodgers?). Giggs will be hard to get rid of.

It's all conjecture and very likely bullshit but I see in Ryan Giggs one of the main origins of our current club's troubles. He holds too much influence for LVG to do his job properly. I think there is already dissension already in the managerial team and this instability is creating an unstable working environment for the players which causes them to be unable to express themselves to their full potential. Anyone who has worked for some time before will understand how a politically-charged and toxic work environment will be detrimental to work performance. Let's not forget that the players are employees of a Football club.

As I have said before, I don't think the team is doing well enough but I see progress and I am willing for LVG to see out this season or even his contract. But I am beginning to think that will not be likely, not because of LVG but because of Giggs. His overt display at the touchline during the Norwich Match convinced me of his ploy.

He has picked the current weakest point of his boss, LVG and used it to display a contrast (pacing the touchline when LVG never did) to the current regime and detaching himself from it. You may ask, why this match? Why not other matches? It is calculated.

If the board thinks LVG needs to go, then so be it. But I think if we want to change and start steering United on the right course again, we need to get rid of not only LVG but also Giggs. I am of the opinion that the next manager will face similar problems if Giggs remains the assistant.

The next manager will need to achieve success very quickly, not because fans are impatient but also because Giggs will be lurking to ignite the fuels of discontent. I hope Swansea makes Giggs an offer he can't refuse so we can start to see the influence of the old guard finally gone.
Since 1993 when names on the backs of shirts were introduced, we have seen our number 11 shirt sporting the name GIGGS.

Now all of a sudden an appostophy appears out of the blue

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Once again the claim that Giggs is not ABLE enough to do the job. I have said in many posts that I don't know if he is a good manager or not and I know plenty of dickheads who are great at their jobs so you don't have to convince me of that.

Plus I think you are the one taking it seriously. I said it was conjecture and I suggested early to stop reading.

If you are unhappy about this, feel free to get a mod to move this to the General. No objection with that.
He might be capable of doing the job, but I would much rather he had the courage to go to another club and prove his credentials. Not use us to practice on.

Rednotdead

Naturally the OP will not sit right with United fans but I agree with a lot of it.

I think its only right that the selfish and underhanded nature of his affair has people questioning his motives in his professional life. I'm not sure why people have a problem with that
Strange it's only now it's being questioned. You've had how many years to question it?

predator

Youth NITK
I don't think Giggs is capable of being a United manager until he proves his worth elsewhere, preferably at a lower league club. He has to prove that he can man manage which is probably the hardest part of managing such a massive club. Giggs doesn't seem anywhere near as vocally dominant as Fergie or even Van Gaal
However I don't think managers are an easy game to gamble on. Pep Guardiola for instance didn't do much career building before he got Barca winning everything and beating everyone. Other managers have done the same without proving themselves in the lower leagues. Also I don't believe a players style and character on the pitch reflects how well they will manage should they go into management.

RedPnutz

Giggs has never been a player I thought would make a good manager. His demeanor on the pitch or all the times I've listened to him speak off it he has never struck me as a great manager in the making. Even now when things are going badly I don't see him coming out and speaking to the press, more like he's hiding from it (and it's not an excuse that he's just the assistant manager, if he's the next manager in waiting he needs to do things like this). I just don't see what it is about his personality that people think will equate to a great manager. It just seems like our longest serving player ever had come to the end of his career so we wanted to keep him around and hoped Van Gaal would bring back success and Giggs would maintain the continuity and could carry it on. That hasn't happened.
Careful. According to some posters I am terribly wrong for mixing the values his personal life exhibits and his capacity as assistant manager, I wonder if they will take umbrage at you mixing his demeanour as a player and as a manager. They are different contexts.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Strange it's only now it's being questioned. You've had how many years to question it?
I think people have, they had doubts about his role during Moyes reign as well. The main point though is this a too big a club to go from a every experienced manager to a rookie. That is why he should have gained experience somewhere else instead of thinking he has an entitlement to the job, which has likely foolishly been intimated to him by the board.

RedPnutz

But how do you know he was sleeping with her 'while she was pregnant'? Do we know for sure it was weekly? It might have been a couple of times over the 8 years when her and Rhodri had broken up? I'm not trying to defend him, mearly trying to understand how people know for sure these little details?

The reason I'm questioning it is the ones who know him best at the club, Fergie etc continued to praise him after the news broke. Can't imagine Sir Alex being ok with Giggs if whats been said in here was 100% true.

As for your question, no I don't think so but it would depend on the details. You?
I wasn't the one that posted he was banging her while she was pregnant; it was new info to me. I was just attempting to answer your specific question. Maybe he had a nine-month abstinence from her, who knows?

As for the question, it really depends. I have a really good mate, whom I later found had been cheating on his wife for a few years. We still talk and play footie together.

Another incident was a client of mine. This old businessman dude had a daughter married to one of his managers. But he'd be regularly bring the Son-in-law out on business trips complete with sexual romps. That seemed really fecked up to me and I switched accounts.

Enigma_87

You know who
People saying Giggs is undermining LvG is all guesswork.
Giggs has no place in discussion for United's next manager. He shouldn't be in contention at all. We're in pretty good position to get top 4 place as it is now but if we experiment in bringing inexperienced manager who most likely will fail this season and also give us no CL next season is a ludicrous idea which the board shouldn't even entertain. Especially when manager like Mourinho is available for the job.

For what is worth if it means Giggs or a similar stature of a manager is going to take over even as a caretaker, I'd rather we keep LvG.

Loublaze

ATLien
What's your problem?So now a player-coach has the same responsibilities as an assistant manager?Get your fact right before you even try to debate for something isn't that the basic?
Relax man, I was merely pointing out that Giggs was part of the coaching staff and if he did infact rally against Moyes behind the scenes as its widely believed then it makes no difference whether he was an assistant or not, its the same thing.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I honestly believe the sooner the club cut ties with the Class of 92, especially Giggs, the better.