Ryan Giggs | United confirm he's left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobbs

Are the people who can't bare to look Giggs in the eye equally as scathing about, say George Best, as a matter of interest :confused:
It's hard to judge what's morally worse but I don't think even Best could have shagged his brothers wife for years. He made lots of mistakes but at heart was a good bloke.

An 8 year affair with your brothers wife isn't a mistake. That takes a different kind of mentality. I'm not judging, it's just now that informations out there its hard to separate from Giggs the footballer.

I am confused though that some still believe it's wrong to think poorly of him. As if being good at football trumps everything else.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
It's hard to judge what's morally worse but I don't think even Best could have shagged his brothers wife for years. He made lots of mistakes but at heart was a good bloke.
Wife beating, drunk driver, but a salt of the earth one?

An 8 year affair with your brothers wife isn't a mistake. That takes a different kind of mentality. I'm not judging, it's just now that informations out there its hard to separate from Giggs the footballer.

I am confused though that some still believe it's wrong to think poorly of him. As if being good at football trumps everything else.
Maybe its about where you draw the line with moral judgement, personally I judge footballers on their footballing, I don't get emotionally caught up in who, or what I think they should be as a person.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Wife beating, drunk driver, but a salt of the earth one?

Maybe its about where you draw the line with moral judgement, personally I judge footballers on their footballing, I don't get emotionally caught up in who, or what I think they should be as a person.
You might not care but if I was a club employee, I'd not want to have to work with that kind of person. A manager, especially of Manchester United, with all the freedom and responsibility that comes with it, needs to connect with people on a personal basis.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
George Best was sick. Alcoholism is a disease that changes the person's personality. Giggs has no excuse to what he did

Bojan11

I'm not bothered about who Giggs shagged.

I just feel he should go prove himself elsewhere rather than wanting the job handed down to him.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
I love Giggs the player....I've been privileged to witness his career and to witness, with my own eyes, in the flesh, some of his best matches, goals etc...Be it at home or away, I always supported the magnificent bastard that is, our legend, Ryan Giggs.

Things change though...Everything comes to an end.

I won't say anymore....I'll have another Mod calling me a "Spa" in a PM soon enough if I do

Last edited:

Eyepopper

You might not care but if I was a club employee, I'd not want to have to work with that kind of person.
You're not though, and you have no idea what 'sort of person' he is. By all accounts he is very highly thought of by his colleagues.

Almost as if he has a professional life, and then a personal one.

Eyepopper

Becks cheated on his missus too, he's a global ambassador for the sport for Christ sake.

Evra was caught playing away too wasn't he?

Your list starts getting very short once you start applying moral judgements.

Sir Bobby didnt visit his dying mum because his wife didn't get on with her and didn't speak to his brother for years as a result... What sort of man does that?

Rockets Redglare

I'm not bothered about who Giggs shagged.

I just feel he should go prove himself elsewhere rather than wanting the job handed down to him.
I agree somewhat. I do think what he did makes him a cnut, but the reason I don't want him as manager is because he is completely unproven.
If he goes away and shows that he is a managerial genius then he can have the job and shag my Mrs as many times as he likes.

N1-TOGA

Giggs could either go out and get some experience or wait here as an assistant or under 21 coach.

I'm sure as someone who has been at united for nearly 3 decades, he understands better than most that this was not the time for United to take another risk.

If he doesn't then he clearly believes he is bigger than United.

itso 7

Becks cheated on his missus too, he's a global ambassador for the sport for Christ sake.

Evra was caught playing away too wasn't he?

Your list starts getting very short once you start applying moral judgements.

Sir Bobby didnt visit his dying mum because his wife didn't get on with her and didn't speak to his brother for years as a result... What sort of man does that?
Tbf what Giggs did to his 'flesh and blood' requires a certain level of depravity and selfishness. The cheating I don't really care about but to whom he did...

Highlyevolved

Who cares what he did outside of the club, so long as it doesn't affect his performances why does it matter?

Steve Jobs was pretty successful, but also a pretty selfish and a nasty chap at times to friends and family, most notably a kid he disowned.

Churchill smoked crack.

Don't get me started on the Dalai Lama...

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the point. My only concern is his performances in his profession at the club, it didn't affect him as a player and his success as a manager will be based on other factors, not his private life.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Who cares what he did outside of the club, so long as it doesn't affect his performances why does it matter?

Steve Jobs was pretty successful, but also a pretty selfish and a nasty chap at times to friends and family, most notably a kid he disowned.

Churchill smoked crack.

Don't get me started on the Dalai Lama...

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the point. My only concern is his performances in his profession at the club, it didn't affect him as a player and his success as a manager will be based on other factors, not his private life.
Really?

Seij

If he goes to different clubs gaining experience and proving himself as a good manager, it should be fine to consider him for the job here in at that point.

However, he has not done that as of now. We cannot have an assistant manager who is grumpy about not getting the manager job and knows that he has immunity no matter how badly the team performs (and we would be giving him that immunity if we keep him as the assistant manager even after working with two failed managers). It just makes no sense to hire a new manager and give him an assistant who wants the manager to get fired so that he can take over.

It's a recipe for disaster.

Shamwow

Opium is more likely since crack is a modern drug.
I knew he was a massive alcoholic and a massive racist but didn't know about that harder shit. Kind of starting to like the guy now!

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If he goes to different clubs gaining experience and proving himself as a good manager, it should be fine to consider him for the job here in at that point.

However, he has not done that as of now. We cannot have an assistant manager who is grumpy about not getting the manager job and knows that he has immunity no matter how badly the team performs (and we would be giving him that immunity if we keep him as the assistant manager even after working with two failed managers). It just makes no sense to hire a new manager and give him an assistant who wants the manager to get fired so that he can take over.

It's a recipe for disaster.
Exactly. Especially with a personality like Jose. He won't like it if he feels he can't trust his staff, and I really don't want to hear about behind the scenes stuff from carefully timed 'leaks' from the dressing room. I just want us to concentrate on winning.

Plus, having been 'overlooked' Ryan should face up to the fact that Woodward and Glazers have no intention of giving him this job no matter how long he hangs around. I'm afraid he has to accept that he has to go out and build an impressive managerial career before he will be considered.

Eyepopper

Tbf what Giggs did to his 'flesh and blood' requires a certain level of depravity and selfishness. The cheating I don't really care about but to whom he did...
Sort of like the way Sir Bobby sided with his wife over his dying mum then?

Best also physically abused his own son didn't he?

Shamwow

Exactly. Especially with a personality like Jose. He won't like it if he feels he can't trust his staff, and I really don't want to hear about behind the scenes stuff from carefully timed 'leaks' from the dressing room. I just want us to concentrate on winning.

Plus, having been 'overlooked' Ryan should face up to the fact that Woodward and Glazers have no intention of giving him this job no matter how long he hangs around. I'm afraid he has to accept that he has to go out and build an impressive managerial career before he will be considered.
Can you stop derailing the thread we're trying to have an important discussion here.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Best also physically abused his own son didn't he?
He did, according to the son himself. And did other things too, while dead drunk, which ain't something any good parent should get up to.

Drinking yourself into oblivion generally comes with doing things that range from stupid to horrible.

Human weakness, they call it. A concept seemingly unknown to the saints and/or moralists who sign up at the Caf.

They also have a hard time with the concept of wheat and chaff.

Highlyevolved

Hashish and LSD.
Beat his wife, degraded women, and as a form of his commitment to his belief in abstinence made his grand daughter sleep in his bed with him to prove his dedication!

Without going too far on a tangent all these people are celebrated for their achievements and successes in their profession. Their private lives are a completely different thing.

Highlyevolved

Beat his wife, degraded women, and as a form of his commitment to his belief in abstinence made his grand daughter sleep in his bed with him to prove his dedication!

Without going too far on a tangent all these people are celebrated for their achievements and successes in their profession. Their private lives are a completely different thing.
I've just realised I have made a monumental feck up and I'm going to unashamedly blame the beer.

I'm not talking about the Dalai Lama I'm speaking of Ghandi!

Please don't tell the Dalai Lama I could do without a lawsuit.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Nobody cared he shagged his brother's wife here until he became the option for United manager, people here hate him for that more than anything else but always use the excuse of his affair. For me this is definitely the most embarrassing thing about our fans in last few years, hating legend such as Giggs that much is unbelievable, I haven't seen anywhere else his sex affair being mentioned as often as it is here, and we are the last one who should care.

captain666

Unfortunately Ryan's private life must have had an impact on his professional life and affected his judgement accordingly.He has never convincingly shown anything like the personality and gravitas required to manage United.
Despite whatever he may have been promised by Woodward in the past he has to cut the umbilical now and go seek fame and fortune in the real world.
No one likes to see a snubbed former legend but times change and we have to move forward aggressively.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Dwight Yorke said:
"If I was in Giggsy's position, I'd put a clause in my contract to have the opportunity to be manager when Jose leaves the football club."
Jesus H. Christ...

Status
Not open for further replies.