Sadio Mané

Mané

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarstoolProphet

I don't think Mane can be categorized as a player who we couldn't have signed if we wanted.

How has he started this season? Maybe we were waiting to see how he started the season off?
Was very lively against Newcastle and should have scored against Everton before the Lukaku train got going. One of the few bright sparks for Southampton so far.

So we're signing Welbeck v2 then? ;)

He could very well end up being that for us but I think he got better composure and is better at dribbling than Welbeck. I started to follow him when I added him on my FPL team after he signed and I've been impressed. Might be a too big of a step for him but he can play. Also signing him makes way more sense than signing Pedro.

FujiVice

I'm all for signing someone who scored more goals in 6 minutes than we have all season.

Drifter

American
Wow. Where did this come from. Think he may surprise. Played very well against the renties.

RedStarUnited

Had a horrible feeling when the Pedro news broke that it was down to the Glazers tightening up again and this certainly doesn't help either. Good lord I hope I am wrong and it isn't that.
Im sure the price will be close to or similar to what Pedro is going for...

Rednotdead

Van Gaal does pride himself on his ability to improve players, maybe he sees a player in Mane that he can do that with.

MDFC Manager

It would certainly add weight to the notion that Chelsea simply hijacked our Pedro deal.
I reckon Chelsea jumped in straight after Sunday's loss, and Woodward's apparent Barcelona visit was a desperate last ditch effort to get him to sign.

I also think Pedro had a preference for Chelsea anyway. Weren't they the very first club to be linked to him?

SammyUnited_83

This guy is firmly in the 'Liverpool/Spurs signing' category so I'm baffled as to why we are going for him.
A Tottenham signing that in 3 years time we have to haggle with Levy for and end up paying £40 mil for.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
the more I think about it the more mad I get from my initial response to this story

If this is true and we get him, we have ditched Welbz, Nani and Zaha for fecking Mane?

sallycinnamin

I know nothing about Mane at all sounds like a duty-free compensation after the failed Pedro trip. Or the Spanish one you had your eye on was going home with you but instead you settle for the other one you got talking to the week before.

wiz4231

Giving Young a contract extension is brilliant business compared to signing Mane.
Compared to Mane maybe but still the Young 30 was time to let him go, I could understand if he was Robben but he's not. You try to keep WC player as long as you can, average players like him should get replaced. As for Mane don't want it to happen, I'd rather keep the players we got

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was very lively against Newcastle and should have scored against Everton before the Lukaku train got going. One of the few bright sparks for Southampton so far.

He could very well end up being that for us but I think he got better composure and is better at dribbling than Welbeck. I started to follow him when I added him on my FPL team after he signed and I've been impressed. Might be a too big of a step for him but he can play. Also signing him makes way more sense than signing Pedro.
Why do you think signing him makes more sense than signing Pedro? There won't be a massive difference in price and Pedro is comfortably the better player.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Griezmann thread closed, no fun allowed

How much will Mane cost?

Morpheus 7

What a nightmare, I really hope we are not going to buy him. It's like a kid waking up on Christmas day, ready to see his ps4 but instead his parents got a ps2. I really don't see him significantly improving us. It will be such an underwhelming signing. Is he really better than what we already have? We have made some great signings this Summer, this will be dissappointing. It's so out of the blue, I won't be surprised if this happens.

bucky

Compared to Mane maybe but still the Young 30 was time to let him go, I could understand if he was Robben but he's not. You try to keep WC player as long as you can, average players like him should get replaced. As for Mane don't want it to happen, I'd rather keep the players we got
Agreed.

Hojoon

I don't know what's more funny, us signing Mane or the caf spontaneously combusting.

Ixion

He'd cost us more than Pedro and offer us little as he'd never start.

Varun

Staff
Very interesting I must say. He's an exciting and absolutely inconsistent talent. If we hadn't sold nani for nothing this summer, I'd have understood the need for this kind of a player. But we had a better version of Mane and sold him. Makes little sense to me.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets

How much will Mane cost?
They bought him for 11m which makes me think it will be at least 20m after scoring 10 goals and 3 assists in 31 appearances during his first season in England.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
As a squad player, yes please. As anything more, feck off.

bleedred

One thing is clear though, The media haven't a clue about our dealings.

They said we were in for Clyne, Coleman etc.., and they didnt see Darmian coming in at all. in the same way, Schinderlin medical happened without any notice and now this. A bid submitted last week and no one knew about it!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So we bid last week, then Ed went to Barcelona for some sight-seeing and everyone thought he was there on 'urgent transfer business'. Right, I get it now.

Andy_Cole

He wouldn't even get in the side ahead of Young...

What's the point? I'd rathe Januzaj and Perreira in the side ahead of him.

Dobba

They said we were in for Clyne, Coleman etc.., and they didnt see Darmian coming in at all. in the same way, Schinderlin medical happened without any notice and now this. A bid submitted last week and no one knew about it!
Thank goodness, was beginning to think I was the only one.

Morpheus 7

How much will Mane cost?
What a day, Pedro deal falling through. Then a great notion of flirting with the idea of Griezmann to bidding for Mane. Talk about hitting a fecking brick wall:lol:

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets

BBC doesn't report stuff unless they're really sure about it.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Very interesting I must say. He's an exciting and absolutely inconsistent talent. If we hadn't sold nani for nothing this summer, I'd have understood the need for this kind of a player. But we had a better version of Mane and sold him. Makes little sense to me.
I was thinking that too. We could have done worse than keeping him for a season at least.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Because get this.. maybe.. just maybe.. Louis doesn't think he's a brainless and inconsistent player. Mad I know. :eek:
If he thought that Nani wasn't good enough, then I fecking don't know how he thinks Mane is.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
9 pages in an hour and a half. That escalated quickly.

Fwiw, I don't like the ACON impact players have from key African countries at the top level. Unless they're Yaya and worth it of course.

This over Pedro is loco however.

mu4c_20le

Okay, this story is now breaking everywhere. Time to start panicking just a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.