SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm guessing the GP in Brighton is probably where the guy who was diagnosed last week went to? He's probably kick started the spread in this country.

Got infected in singapore, spent some time in a chalet in France and infected a few people their, got on a plane and now member of staff at GP is infected.
And then went to the pub by the sounds of it. He's like the monkey in Outbreak.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
All sporting events and leagues should be cancelled for this year. Stop people travelling.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Big competitions like the premier league anyway, no doubt about it. FA cup would alright though.
I would have the league declared null and void for this season. Its the only fair solution. I'd resume the Premier league in January with any managers who from EU member states deported.

Last edited:

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I would the league declared null and void for this season. Its the only fair solution. I'd resume the Premier league in January with any managers who from EU member states deported.
That wouldn't really be fair on those who have worked so hard all season now would it?

To ensure fairness I would also declare the last say half a dozen years null and void to even things out so this year doesn't feel singled out.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
That wouldn't really be fair on those who have worked so hard all season now would it?

To ensure fairness I would also declare the last say half a dozen years null and void to even things out so this year doesn't feel singled out.
And maybe to add randomness, they could void seasons 11/12 and 09/10.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Whatever they do it is too late, the virus is already out there, in the wild, worldwide.

But WELDING people inside of buildings is never a solution ffs.

Also I actually believe those tencent figures to be closer to the truth sadly, I can't trust China to reveal the real figure.

Scary.
Just think for a second, and I know it's a reach, but imagine zombies became real.

If we didn't weld them in a building then they'd get out and before you know it, the whole world is infected just like every zombie outbreak movie/tv show/book/game ever made. Too many people not seeing things for what they are allowing slack and not treating things with the utmost seriousness and then people get bitten and we're all fecked.

Sometimes you need to be completely ruthless and cold hearted and unfortunately I don't think humans are for this sort of stuff. Lots of people die needlessly because we cared too much about what people would think to stop it.

It's not nice to type and not nice to think that way but with pandemics, the only sensible way is the cold hearted, emotionless, harsh reality way.

The videos are shocking and the reality is shocking because we're all fairly decent human beings on an emotional level but that's usually what spreads things and kills us too.

matherto

Except this is an epidemic that has spread worldwide, not an atrocity caused by the state.
It's the same principle, whether they did it on purpose to try and wipe an entire group out or it's an epidemic that has now spread worldwide, they want to control any information coming out from the source, much like they do with the Rohingya concentration camps, much like the Germans did with the holocaust.

Chinese government has a complete lockdown on information flow coming out from the area with only a few leaks highlighting the potential seriousness of it compared to what we actually know now.

It's really not a stretch to imagine the Chinese have already burned tens of thousands of bodies and hidden it because they think they can (or at least, they know there's not much anyone can/will do about it).

mu4c_20le

It's the same principle, whether they did it on purpose to try and wipe an entire group out or it's an epidemic that has now spread worldwide, they want to control any information coming out from the source, much like they do with the Rohingya concentration camps, much like the Germans did with the holocaust.

Chinese government has a complete lockdown on information flow coming out from the area with only a few leaks highlighting the potential seriousness of it compared to what we actually know now.

It's really not a stretch to imagine the Chinese have already burned tens of thousands of bodies and hidden it because they think they can (or at least, they know there's not much anyone can/will do about it).
I'm not saying they couldn't lie about their figures (they probably are), but 80k+ deaths means the reported mortality/infection ratio would be completely out of whack, and other countries as well as medical experts would figure it out really quick. They would lie, but not to that extent imo.

matherto

I'm not saying they couldn't lie about their figures (they probably are), but 80k+ deaths means the reported mortality/infection ratio would be completely out of whack, and other countries as well as medical experts would figure it out really quick. They would lie, but not to that extent imo.
I think you underestimate them.

Even if they were completely out of whack, what would be done about it?

We're living in a current world where the likes of Trump and Putin are doing things out in the open and challenging people to do something about it then laughing when they get away with it.

China would have absolutely zero qualms with lying about this.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
A vast majority of companies re-opened today, having been closed for the extended New Year. I imagine the number of cases will increase at a faster rate in the next 1-2 weeks.

Our company opened in Donguan, with a lot of our workforce heading back from their hometowns in the past week. We've had to ship protective masks for them as companies in China are raising their prices significantly.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Big feck off poster on the door to my work office...

"If you or anyone you live with has been in China or HK or Macau in the last month, go home and work from there (or die)"

Hammerfell

Big feck off poster on the door to my work office...

"If you or anyone you live with has been in China or HK or Macau in the last month, go home and work from there (or die)"
Sounds like a lovely place.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
My brothers school in Shanghai has been cancelled until at least the beginning of March. Been told he’d have to stay in his flat all day so he’s just going home to Canada.

So watch out for some cases popping up in the Toronto area.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
This is where social media could be so useful in spreading information but it's infested with so many bellends trying to extract anything of substance from it is like trying to get blood from a stone.

mu4c_20le

This is where social media could be so useful in spreading information but it's infested with so many bellends trying to extract anything of substance from it is like trying to get blood from a stone.
Early days of twitter was mostly for frontline journalists, whether its a disease outbreak, rioting, or an active war zone. Nowadays it's a free for all popularity contest.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Early days of twitter was mostly for frontline journalists, whether its a disease outbreak, rioting, or an active war zone. Nowadays it's a free for all popularity contest.
Yeah and its now borderline useless because of it. Can't tell if a video is genuine or just some sad bastard fishing for likes and retweets.

Devil81

I'm amazed at how relaxed people are about this. Seriously worrying that the Chinese felt the need to build a hospital in eight days and then other countries to close borders within two weeks.

The true number will be far more than the 900+ quoted.