SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

RedDevilRoshi

I'm at work, what's the message from Boris?
3 week lockdown.

Only able to leave the house for necessary shopping, going to and from work, going for exercise once a day either on your own or with people you live with.
Police will have the power to intervene.

dove

Everyone knew it was inevitable and they dragged it for way too long. Still better now than never I suppose.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
But does this not mean I can exercise all day on my own outside all day? (I do that when really down like run and then walk for hours).
Will be just one form of exercise a day although not sure on timelimit.

LARulz

How do they know I won't exercise twice a day? I am not saying I will as bigger picture etc. but just curious

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Will vets still be open? My puppy is supposed to have injections in a couple of weeks.

Brophs

The One and Only
How do they know I won't exercise twice a day? I am not saying I will as bigger picture etc. but just curious
They'll know you won't be able to resist putting pics of your mad #gainz on the gram

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Right thing to do but whether people follow them is another matter. The number of cases rose sharply after lockdown and continously grew over the last 2 weeks, only in the last days has the number of new cases decreased. Many people have been going out and refusing to follow good advice so I fear that the same thing will happen in the UK. If everybody stays indoors and cuts off all non-essential contact then the UK won't be as bad as Italy.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
You can count on the English to do the right thing after they've exhausted all other options.

FrantikChicken

Will you be able to drive around? My gf lives alone and I also live alone, I'm wondering if it'd be ok for her to drive to visit me :s

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The most important question on everyone's mind right now is obviously; will my new fridge freezer arrive on Saturday to replace the one that broke yesterday?

Beans

Supports
Neutral
It definitely is, I'm not for one minute saying it's not the right thing to do, nor that it's the right thing. It's just an observation, it's plain as day to me that the government would have shut the country down weeks ago if they knew they could without causing ructions. Now, they've basically dragged it out and shown that "we can't be trusted" to sort this ourslves, which excuses their heavier approach.
I certainly think that's the approach the government of the country I live in is taking.

0le

Will you be able to drive around? My gf lives alone and I also live alone, I'm wondering if it'd be ok for her to drive to visit me :s
No, he was clear about this, don't visit family from other houses. Same with friends and obviously partners.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Obviously these measures will be difficult to enforce but semi-compliance with strict measures will have a hell of a lot more impact than semi-compliance with vague advice.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Watch the tube still be as busy as normal tomorrow.

F-Red

I can't help feel that the exercise element is going to be the one most abused, then we'll move to a completely full lockdown like Italy/Spain.