SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

0le

Watch the tube still be as busy as normal tomorrow.
The tube is less busy. The reason you have seen pictures of more crowded trains is because the service has been significantly reduced, with trains maybe one every 15 minutes on some branch lines. The service has also been hit because staff have fallen ill.

starman

Churchill had his "fight them on the beaches" speech

Boris had his "you are a bunch of twats that can't listen so have forced me to do this" speech

NYAS

So basically, people still crowding the tubes going to work. Yeah, real lockdown.

Renegade

He said you're allowed out to go to work but only if it's absolutely necessary. You really should be working from home where possible.
A lot of work isn’t possible from home and employers are still asking people to come in. There’s been no assurances for the self employed so they’ll still be out as weve seen today with the packed trains etc.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
FrantikChicken said:
Will you be able to drive around? My gf lives alone and I also live alone, I'm wondering if it'd be ok for her to drive to visit me
He said that your gf can visit us.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I agree with the sentiment, it's an important step to take. The language used was still too friendly in my opinion. Some folk need it painted in black and white in order not to be twats.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The tube is less busy. The reason you have seen pictures of more crowded trains is because the service has been significantly reduced, with trains maybe one every 15 minutes on some branch lines. The service has also been hit because staff have fallen ill.
It might be less busy but all it takes is 1 person on that tube to be a carrier and they'll all get it.

That could mean thousands of extra infected people. It sucks but all tubes should be closed.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was wondering why it was 3 weeks instead of 2 or a month. Three weeks today is Easter Monday so makes sense to have a look at the figures then.

Carolina Red

Staff
:lol: Some of the medical supplies that South Carolina was sent by the federal government from the national stockpile were fecking expired

(I laugh so I don’t punch something)

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Still sounds a bit wishy-washy, particularly the one exercise a day part. How are they going to keep tabs on that? Unless you get stopped by the same copper in the same day or something.

Until they've got the military patrolling the street, people are still going to just go on as normal.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Absolutely the right decision and too late in my opinion. I’m glad they’re allowing exercise though and I hope people don’t abuse it.
Yip.

I've got no issue staying in but happy I can take a walk and fortunate that I back onto country so can go for an hour walk and doubt I'll see 3-4 people. Anyone I see I walk across the road from.

The rest of it though, I couldn't care how much we're being asked to give up (and I'd give up walks if asked to). The alternative is peoples lives.... it's really not a tough ask.

The only thing I wish Boris had done was take a tougher line on people who abuse it. Hopefully mandatory fine

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
So basically, people still crowding the tubes going to work. Yeah, real lockdown.
"Lockdown" is a meaningless term. It's a strengthening of measures and there could be yet further strengthening of measures. At what point along that scale people start describing it as a "lockdown" is rather arbitrary.

Rajma

From today people coming back to Lithuania (apart from lorry drivers and the likes) are going to be quarantined in gov. designed places for two weeks. Also, any recent travellers must isolate themselves at home for 14 days as well or face fines and convictions. Pretty strong measures. We’ve been under a lockdown for a week already, hopefully, we can slowdown the spread and totally eliminate it in the month.

Last edited:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
My birthday is Easter monday. Hopefully we can all celebrate!
It's my birthday today. God daughter born yesterday followed by Boris Law being announced today as rabid dogs are released into the streets to disperse the crowds outside Lidl. The best of both worlds.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Does anyone know if barbershops etc. will be forced to close?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I can't help feel that the exercise element is going to be the one most abused, then we'll move to a completely full lockdown like Italy/Spain.
Definitely. Was looking to see if dog walking was included and saw a bunch of people on social media saying they'll still walk the dog two to six times a day. Some quotes:

if your dog needs more than one walk a day, we don't have enough police to catch murderers, they won't be standing outside your house counting how many times you walk the dog (I hope they won't).
Just reassuring my daughter who has no garden that she won't get arrested if she takes her dogs out twice a day

stepic

Still sounds a bit wishy-washy, particularly the one exercise a day part. How are they going to keep tabs on that? Unless you get stopped by the same copper in the same day or something.

Until they've got the military patrolling the street, people are still going to just go on as normal.
where are people going to go if there's nothing open?

saivet

They can't but hopefully the threat of being reprimanded will put enough people off from taking the piss.

NYAS

"Lockdown" is a meaningless term. It's a strengthening of measures and there could be yet further strengthening of measures. At what point along that scale people start describing it as a "lockdown" is rather arbitrary.
Sure, strengthening of measures is fine.

I don’t see how anyone can call the permission of hundreds of people pushed up against each other without ventilation any kind of lockdown, but maybe that’s just me. We all see the world differently.