SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Posh Red

Mr. Sadeq Elhowsh an orthopaedic surgeon who worked at The Whiston Hospital, a part of St Helens and Whiston Hospitals NHS Trust, is another doctor who lost his life on the frontline today. This is the response from the hospital to the arrival of the hearse.

Tearing up watching that

redshaw

Spain and Italy took 6-7 days to get in the 600 range from the peak of 900-1000, UK is at 12 days so far.

C'est Moi Cantona

Anyone else worried about a spike in crimes if we all have to wear face-masks? :nervous:
Not a bad point, it seems homemade masks that are going to be encouraged (to protect the best ones for the NHS), so fairly soon no one will look twice at someone wearing a whole array of hand knitted mask covering most of the face, then it's certainly going to open the door to brazen crime with very little hope of using the usual ways of identifying the offender.

hp88

Will lockdown continue into June at this rate?
Raab and Whitty made it clear that we need to avoid a second peak so I think we will get another three weeks which will take us to the end of May, that ties in with finance support as well so I guess it make sense.

Tibs

Any chance that the transition period could be extended? Or would the Tory cu.nts be too proud to ask?

Economy could do without it

Drawfull

Any chance that the transition period could be extended? Or would the Tory cu.nts be too proud to ask?

Economy could do without it
As a Tory we have already explicitly fecked that idea off. Cos we are fecking idiots, unfortunately. Great, innit?

We are a society that is led by people trained to lie. Not working so well at the moment. Are there apolitical things?

Suedesi

They utterly fecked up this small test study by the way, some research gimp is defo getting the sack.
The person who collected the samples didn’t realise that some now healthy Covid-19 survivors were also in there as they have donated plasma.
Shouldn’t be possible, but happened. Now they have to do the test all over again after going out to the World with the results. One of the top medical research universities in the World.
You’d almost laugh if it wasn’t so serious.
Wow, crazy.

Tibs

As a Tory we have already explicitly fecked that idea off. Cos we are fecking idiots, unfortunately. Great, innit?

We are a society that is led by people trained to lie. Not working so well at the moment. Are there apolitical things?
I hate (strong word I know), Cameron, May, and Johnson.

The damage it's going to cause is going to be incredible. We're going to be going through the worst phase of Corona, and then drop out - at best, with a shit deal

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
“If people can fight over toilet paper in Costco, then I’ve got to think there’s a way that you can run a restaurant safely,” DeSantis said to start the meeting.
What in the absolute feck? That makes no fecking sense. "If people can breathe air, then I've got to think there's a way you can fasten shin guards to your testicles and slide safely down Mount Everest." Peak whataboutism.

0le

Not a bad point, it seems homemade masks that are going to be encouraged (to protect the best ones for the NHS), so fairly soon no one will look twice at someone wearing a whole array of hand knitted mask covering most of the face, then it's certainly going to open the door to brazen crime with very little hope of using the usual ways of identifying the offender.
In my opinion the masks really should only be reserved for situations where social distancing cannot be observed and/or exposure to infected individuals is high.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
As a Tory
You prick. Tory scum wanker. Peenarse. Away and drown some more doctors and nurses you literal Hitler supporting scum shithead cnut.

we have already explicitly fecked that idea off. Cos we are fecking idiots, unfortunately. Great, innit?

Completely agree, good to see bi-partisan discussion on this forum as it gets a bit tiring seeing loons having a go at each other like we've got red or blue scarves on. You fecking peenarse

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
How is it mental?
1. It does nothing but insight fear and concern to those around him.
2. Those measures are completely unnecessary, the PPE in the hospitals doesn't stretch to needing full hazmat suit and gas mask, let alone going for a shop in Asda.
3. If he does have it and just doesn't want to spread it, he shouldn't be going to Asda.

Drawfull

You prick. Tory scum wanker. Peenarse. Away and drown some more doctors and nurses you literal Hitler supporting scum shithead cnut.

Completely agree, good to see bi-partisan discussion on this forum as it gets a bit tiring seeing loons having a go at each other like we've got red or blue scarves on. You fecking peenarse
At least I don't fly in a fecking circle if I have to choose a wing ya daft cnut :lol:

0le

2. Those measures are completely unnecessary, the PPE in the hospitals doesn't stretch to needing full hazmat suit and gas mask, let alone going for a shop in Asda.
3. If he does have it and just doesn't want to spread it, he shouldn't be going to Asda.
I'm glad someone else sees some common sense. I'd go further and say there is certainly some nonsense being spread about masks and people are wearing them out of fear.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Sir Winston Churchill: "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end, but it's perhaps the end of the beginning."

Infectious disease expert Michael Osterholm, who has been warning for a decade and a half about the possibility of a global pandemic, says there will most likely be 800,000 COVID-deaths in the US in the next 18 months.

Fascinating interview. Sorry if already shared.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/opinions/bergen-osterholm-interview-two-opinion/index.html

Drawfull

we could debate 1 and 2 all day, but 3 - people need to eat. I live alone - my family are in another country and I have no neighbours. Should I die?

King Eric 7

we could debate 1 and 2 all day, but 3 - people need to eat. I live alone - my family are in another country and I have no neighbours. Should I die?
No, you should have enough essentials to keep yourself fed while you self quarantine. Or try to order food for delivery.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If we keep on reading press releases about every single candidate getting through pre-clinical development it’s going to be a tough few years.

Think of the most excruciatingly prolonged Ronaldunho/Sneijder/Hazard to United transfer saga, only with a thousand different players linked to us, each eventually joining other clubs until only one or two are left. Over a period of several years. And those one or two players could still end up gazumped by Real Madrid after signing a Manchester United shirt and liking Pogba’s posts on Instagram.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
There's no debate about 1 and 2. It does cause concern and stoke fear walking around like that. As for 2, I get togged up in the full PPE a few times a day at the moment, so I know we don't need hazmat suits and gasmasks.

You can get friends to deliver food, you can get food deliveries, you should have enough basic essentials, this has been ongoing for a couple of months now. It's only 1 week you self quarantine for when positive. Anyway, the guy was with his (I presume) wife.

Drawfull

There's no debate about 1 and 2. It does cause concern and stoke fear walking around like that. As for 2, I get togged up in the full PPE a few times a day at the moment, so I know we don't need hazmat suits and gasmasks.

You can get friends to deliver food, you can get food deliveries, you should have enough basic essentials, this has been ongoing for a couple of months now. Anyway, the guy was with his (I presume) wife.

In the same suit?

spiriticon

If we keep on reading press releases about every single candidate getting through pre-clinical development it’s going to be a tough few years.

Think of the most excruciatingly prolonged Ronaldunho/Sneijder/Hazard to United transfer saga, only with a thousand different players linked to us, each eventually joining other clubs until only one or two are left. Over a period of several years. And those one or two players could still end up gazumped by Real Madrid after signing a Manchester United shirt and liking Pogba’s posts on Instagram.
Totally agree, but not sure about the analogy :lol:

Any new drug made has to pass the safety/efficacy clinical trials, you can't just cut straight to the endgame!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

:D