g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Scott McTominay image 39

Scott McTominay Scotland flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

deafepl

I thought he was playing okay and keep doing simple things, it look like he doesn't want to screw his career at United by expressing his true quality, I noticed that Mctominay has Pogba shielding the ball ability and win a lot of Ariel in the midfield battle and very composed on the ball. He is clearly better than Herrera at driving forward now. I think we should let him grow into games and see what he can offer in a game if we allow him to express. So give him a time.

You cannot clearly compare him to another Cleverley, at the first you compared him to Fletcher then now Cleverley, what's next? Scholes or Busquets, or De Brunye? :nono: I bet you if he was impressive, assisting or goals, whatever it is. you'd to compare him to world-class midfielders like Modric, De Brunye or whoever. Also, suddenly if he had bad performance in a game whereas he hardly has 15+ more appearance, you would call him shit, an average player at the best, it is still early to call him, give him a time so we can find out what he is like, in general performance.

Festive Sandvich

Can't really see anything in this lad as to why he's near the first team. Can only think that Jose's preference for height has something to do with it. Not to be harsh but seems that many better youngsters have been shipped out in the past.

ash_86

Not the best of his games, but in general i like him. He makes some rough tackles and having Matic is going to be great for his development.

el3mel

Why are we calling for young players to play if they're going to get slaughtered on each poor performance ? He had a poor game, at this age it actually can happen, I don't think that's a surprise for anyone here.

He'll come good as a squad option in number 6 position. He just needs to improve his movement a bit. He's not a creative force, but he can still be a good number 6 player.

Loublaze

ATLien
I don't rate him much but he did well in his last two games before Bristol City. Tuanzebe and TFM should be getting the chances he's getting IMO

DdeGoat

I know young academy players are beyond reproach on this site but I am sorry this guy is the Jose version of Paddy or Tyler. Under Van Gaal I used to be shocked each time either of those two started a game and I feel the same each time Scott starts. He doesn't have any positional sense, his passing is thoroughly ordinary & let's players pass through him with ease. Haven't seen him display any great vision or defensive ability. Mediocre as they come.

DdeGoat

I refuse to slaughter young players for showing they are young.
Young players also have to show their quality. They should not simply get a pass because they are young. One increases his understanding of the game with more experience; however he should show the talent that can be honed.

He's looked decent in previous games but he was pretty awful today. Wasn't great on their first goal and completely at fault for their second. Hope he learns from it.

Bulldogg

Mid way next season is when ill make a strong judgement on him, at that stage he'll be a 22yo central midfielder who has had more then a handful of first team outings. For now lets just hope he can learn as much as possible from his first team appearances and continue to develop.

Ashley R1+O

He is young and raw and that is obvious. Can't be easy playing between Pogba and bizarrely Daley Blind anchoring midfield. Nightmare scenario and an either sink or swim game for him to start in. I thought he showed some improvement and maturity in the second half and when Blind went off he looked a lot more comfortable in front of the back four. Some young and raw errors are going to happen as he starts to gain more experience, these things happen.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Poor lad, one average to poor game and the pitchforks are out.

Rajma

Not his best game but I loved his positive approach in his passing and energy to get up and down the pitch, refreshing after Herrera anyway who just forgot how to play the ball forwards.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Why are we calling for young players to play if they're going to get slaughtered on each poor performance ? He had a poor game, at this age it actually can happen, I don't think that's a surprise for anyone here.

He'll come good as a squad option in number 6 position. He just needs to improve his movement a bit. He's not a creative force, but he can still be a good number 6 player.
I agree. I've been fairly impressed with what I've seen so far and a poor game yesterday is only what most of his teammates produced, you can't expect a young player to outperform seasoned pros (though it's nice when they do obviously).

Litch

Not criticising him for yesterday, just don't understand what his best attributes are aside from his size. For me it's says just everything about the team. It's full solid prem players but equally very average. If we are honest, if Scott played for Swansea would he be looked at as Utd quality? We have better (but shorter) young players at club. Yes promote young players but they still have to be good....

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Not criticising him for yesterday, just don't understand what his best attributes are aside from his size. For me it's says just everything about the team. It's full solid prem players but equally very average. If we are honest, if Scott played for Swansea would he be looked at as Utd quality? We have better (but shorter) young players at club. Yes promote young players but they still have to be good....
I agree, I want to see more of the academy players getting a chance. But not particularly the likes of McTominay or Blackett and Donald Love (although he only played due to an extreme case of about 7-8 RB options being injured) in the past.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I thought he did really well last night, gets a pass along with Shaw.

limerickcitykid

How did he do really well? His shooting was worse than Ander's. He rarely bothered or had the awareness to track his man. So much for being good at the basics when he can't track his man. He is playing CM and the only players with less touches are Darmian and Rashford. Only completed more passes than Darmian, Rashford, and Ibra who played less and was shocking. Darmian is a fullback we all know is rubbish and Rashford a winger in pretty poor form. How is that doing very well for a CM? He was invisible for the entire first half.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I think there's some unnecessarily harsh comments on here, he wasnt brilliant but nowhere near as bad as is being made out, and certainly not as bad as some of our more experienced first team regulars. For me i think he could be a useful asset in time and given the opportunity. Never going to be KdB but not many are, doesnt mean he cant be a good asset.

In Rainbows

I agree, I want to see more of the academy players getting a chance. But not particularly the likes of McTominay or Blackett and Donald Love (although he only played due to an extreme case of about 7-8 RB options being injured) in the past.
That's where I'm at. I haven't bashed him either, but haven't praised him because I have never thought he was United first team quality. He's young so I'll continue not to bash him.

AP88

Supports
Man City
He was average - if the mercenaries around him did their job he’d be given praise for keeping things ticking over without fuss, but they didn’t so he’s become something of a scapegoat.

Shame.

Andersons Dietician

He was average - if the mercenaries around him did their job he’d be given praise for keeping things ticking over without fuss, but they didn’t so he’s become something of a scapegoat.

Shame.
You know what I thought was funny last night, Pogba giving him stick for not being in position and leaving massive gaps in the midfield. Thought that was a bit rich.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
I thought he played well, and often looked like the only one trying to do something positive going forward or winning the ball. Although it didn't work a lot of the time at least he showed some positive attitude and aggression.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Utility player. Has enough quality to rotate our defensive midfielders and probably wont mind having that role for a dew more seasons.

JoaquinJoaquin

Came in to say I was surprised by his quick feet and ability to get out out right situations. Surprised to see such harsh criticisms. Meh...
The criticisms are because he looks average, and we have far too mediocre players in the squad already. Remember, we were playing Bristol City (a Championship club) and I don't think he even touched the ball in the second half. He should be making a difference in these kind of games if he wants to make it here. 'Having good feet' isn't enough for me. Too many are just accepting of these mediocre players, I find it crazy.

Zoo

Good feet for a big man. Central midfielder is the hardest position to master, so young player will need more time than other position.
Yeah he’s still learning his trade we need to remember that. Unfortunately he got caught out defensively last night but hopefully he’ll learn.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeah he’s still learning his trade we need to remember that. Unfortunately he got caught out defensively last night but hopefully he’ll learn.
Yeh. As long as he's not extremely terrible, we need to give young players a pass for his first proffesional season, regarding mistakes.

Gopher Brown

Not really sure what he adds to the team when he plays, he’s a placeholder who doesn’t seem to have any specific talent.

limerickcitykid

Has it really been good? Some of his control has been shocking and his passing sloppy. EVeryone else being shit hardly makes that good. Nice shot and to get into that area though.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He’s not particularly good at anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.