g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Scott McTominay image 39

Scott McTominay Scotland flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Wasn't sure and tbh mostly negative towards him but far play to the lad. His temperament and calmness was superb. I'd say a future Matic replacement.....

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Competent and assured performance from the boy today. Nothing better than seeing an academy product perform like this in a game against Liverpool at Old Trafford!

No Love

Fair play, he’s starting to convince me that he has it. It’s much more clear now what type of player he is and I think he’s shown that he’s comfortable in that role.

Pogba.. :nervous:

SSSSnake

So reliable again today. Playing like veterin....and to do it against the big teams too.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Starting to think he's going to be very special.
He reminds me of a young Keane (stylistically), like I've said, and he's more impressive to me at this age in his breakthrough season than Fletcher was. People have to understand that he's going to have bad games and might have many for a couple of years, but he's only 21. CMs are usually 26+ when they're at their best, many of the elite level CMs can be 30. He has a lot to learn and long way to go but he could be really, really good.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Very mature performance from McTominay today. Particularly pleasing after he looked a little overawed at Palace.

Nick7

Great game today. Don't remember him putting a foot wrong. Was a monster with interceptions in the first half, seemed to know where the Liverpool players were going before they went for it.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
He reminds me of a young Keane (stylistically), like I've said, and he's more impressive to me at this age in his breakthrough season than Fletcher was. People have to understand that he's going to have bad games and might have many for a couple of years, but he's only 21. CMs are usually 26+ when they're at their best, many of the elite level CMs can be 30. He has a lot to learn and long way to go but he could be really, really good.
Yeah he will have some poor games but to show such maturity in a game like this suggests he has a big future.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
If that doesn't shut the doubters up, I despair. Composure beyond his years. People worrying about his ability to cope under Liverpool's press. I thought he was fantastic under pressure, particularly in the last 15 minutes or so. I know we've been talking about a Carrick replacement for years. Wouldn't it be brilliant if we found him in our youth ranks. He has a chance.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Great defensive performance today. Tackled and intercepted all day.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Played like a fecking veteran today, experience way beyond his years. Such a clever player. Really starting to like him.

R'hllor

Great isnt it, watching that, kid coming through ranks, someone placing trust in him and see positive side of it not only negative when it comes to young player coming from academy. He might not get those chances at all if all were fit (so JM deserves praise for it) and maybe he might be dropped instant if suddenly all midfielders gets fit and that would be issue for me.

If you are good enough, you are old enough and not a way around.

MuranoLover

He did what he was asked to and that is a kind of a player you must have in order to make a disciplined performance.

shield

Very good today. Very important for our team balance as it gives our forwards more freedom.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Very matured performance. Showed great calmness on the ball and incredibly disciplined off of it. No wonder Mourinho trusts him.

EwanI Ted

Delighted for the lad today, after a dodgy game last week. In that pressure cooker environment, especially after they got a goal back, it must have been immensely hard to stay focussed and disciplined. But he looked right at home.

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

Brightonian

I love how he resembles Matic more and more every game. I don't always buy this 'Youngster A will learn so much playing and training with Veteran B' thing, but I think in this case you can actually see it on the pitch. The way he uses his body to shield certain spaces around the ball, the way he sometimes delays his touch long enough to reveal where the space is going to be, rather than just shifting it to where it is. Some mature decision-making too, which the crowd didn't always love but which repeatedly eased the tempo of the game in the second half and gave us breathing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.