6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

settembrini

I keep having to revise what I think his ceiling as a player will be. Huge improvement under Solskjaer already and he's still getting better.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I keep saying it but I was so wrong about him. He’s still a bit rough around the edges, evident in his mistake for the goal, but if sorts them out he’ll turn out to be a fine player.

Ludens the Red

Solid game, he’s such a good striker of the ball. It’s weird thinking back to Mourinho essentially only using him as a holding midfielder.

Devil81

That time when Sir Alex made a real effort to let him know he was a player always stands out for me. His ceiling is high and he keeps growing and growing as a player, he seems to have so much energy around the midfield.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Growing in stature, confidence, influence every week. I'm waiting for Pogba to show that Mctominay is not our most important midfielder.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I’d say he was MotM, but in truth Krul had the best game today, despite conceding three. Looked very composed and assured in midfield. Already feels like a senior player. Grown hugely in my estimation over the last twelve months and becoming a real fan favourite. Such a shame he got complacent near the end and gave Norwich the chance for their goal, when a simple pass was on.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I think it’s one of the few players we can say has really improved under Ole

I think Mourinho saw him purely as a defensive midfielder. He wasn’t given any license to play. Just break up play and make the most simplest of passes was his role. So it is really great to see the trust that is being put in him. Arguably our best player this season so far

Mike Smalling

Easily MOTM today. Bossed the midfield.

To be honest, I thought he would be a useful holding midfield squad player at most, when he first became part of the first team squad. He has improved dramatically with the ball at his feet, generally makes good decisions and always puts in a good shift. His development is such a boost for the squad given our lack of depth in midfield. Still only 22 as well.

A-man

Great game. So good to see him gradually grow and develop from match to match. Too bad about the mistake at the end, would have been nice for DDG with a clean sheet, but better to make that kind of mistake today instead of when it would have mattered.

Tapori

Will be a firm fixture for years to come if his growth continues
Can't wait to see him gain confidence and timing of more playmaking passes and start to dictate TEMPO of our entire team.
Good lad

RedCurry

I keep saying it but I was so wrong about him. He’s still a bit rough around the edges, evident in his mistake for the goal, but if sorts them out he’ll turn out to be a fine player.
He’s a big boy and I think he might always have a clumsy moment like that in him. It doesn’t matter though if for rest of the game he can play like he did today.

AndersB

Thinking fondly back to my short discussion with Schmeichel's Cartweel from earlier in the season, where he claimed McT wouldn't get into any other top 10 team.

Wonder if he still holds that opinion.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm just enjoying the phase now where oppo' fans wet themselves when I tell them McTominay's actually very good, it'll take a while but when the penny drops he'll finally get some recognition. He's already pretty good but seems to be improving game by game, just when I think he can't get any better he goes up another notch. He's captain material, moreso than any other player we currently have.

Grande

He’s a big boy and I think he might always have a clumsy moment like that in him. It doesn’t matter though if for rest of the game he can play like he did today.
It was a big blimp, like we’ve had a few of this season shared among several players, yet it wouldn’t have been consequential if not followed by two more blimps by Garner (18) and Maguire. With such a young and new crew we’re going to have blimps. Just feels harsh that they always seem to gang up for one ‘big’ moment each game.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's 22 and you can visibly see how much more efficient and industrial he is being with the ball in every single game. I can't wait to see him 25-29. Actually, nevermind, I don't want to get any older.

kundalini

His passing was more progressive in this match than in most games. Good long pass to Rashford and several nicely weighted passes through the lines. Shame about the error near the end that cost us a goal.

Important that he keeps developing, now that he's establishing himself as a regular starter. Lots of aspects of his game that have plenty of room for improvement. I'm still waiting for him to score a header.

Last edited:

redshaw

I believe he has a bright future at United and have always thought that. He's showing more skill and control, has very good agility for a tall player, he can pass shoot and be nimble in tight spaces.

Some of the comments I read during the first half of last season under Jose were farcical in the extreme like only getting picked through his height, just a blonde statue, never be a footballer. He wasn't even playing poorly either, he's been progressively decent since his introduction in my view.

Steerpike

Growing in stature, confidence, influence every week. I'm waiting for Pogba to show that Mctominay is not our most important midfielder.
McTominay looks like developing into the player we had hoped Pogba would become!

AneRu

I'm just enjoying the phase now where oppo' fans wet themselves when I tell them McTominay's actually very good, it'll take a while but when the penny drops he'll finally get some recognition. He's already pretty good but seems to be improving game by game, just when I think he can't get any better he goes up another notch. He's captain material, moreso than any other player we currently have.
I think if we get a Fabinho type or, better yet, prime Carrick who can afford him more freedom to move up and influence play people will change how they view him. Whilst partnering Pogba he was a bit reserved and with Fred he is becoming more expressive.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Really happy with McTominay's performances lately, he has really stepped it up.

Fracture90

Fek off MCT, you ruined me perfect scoreline!!!

On the serious note, up until that brainfart after which they scored, he was pretty good. That goal was the ultimate poacher goal.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I believe he has a bright future at United and have always thought that. He's showing more skill and control, has very good agility for a tall player, he can pass shoot and be nimble in tight spaces.

Some of the comments I read during the first half of last season under Jose were farcical in the extreme like only getting picked through his height, just a blonde statue, never be a footballer. He wasn't even playing poorly either, he's been progressively decent since his introduction in my view.
The stick he was getting was ridiculous and totally unwarranted, in my view. He hasn’t put a foot wrong, he was solid when he first came into the team, and he’s stepped it up a level again this season. I’m chuffed he’s a first team starter.

chb23

If we had to buy him from another team, he would cost ~$50M. I think that says it all about how good he is.

AneRu

He has made himself a starter and just ensured that we now only need to sign a replacement for Matic, as Pogba will fund his own replacement I feel, so continuing on that trend we could emerge from this season having secured a CM(McTominay), a LW (Rashford), RW (James) and CB (Tuanzebe) for relatively little money.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He has made himself a starter and just ensured that we now only need to sign a replacement for Matic, as Pogba will fund his own replacement I feel, so continuing on that trend we could emerge from this season having secured a CM(McTominay), a LW (Rashford), RW (James) and CB (Tuanzebe) for relatively little money.
McTominay has been great but I look at our glory years and our central midfield options during that time;

1999 - Keane, Scholes, Butt
2009 - Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher

To me McTominay is the modern day Butt/Fletcher of this squad, still need that Keane & Scholes/Scholes & Carrick.

AneRu

McTominay has been great but I look at our glory years and our central midfield options during that time;

To me McTominay is the modern day Butt/Fletcher of this squad, still need that Keane & Scholes/Scholes & Carrick.
I think we will sign a DM and No.10 to replace Pogba and Matic. Suppose we start next season with Zakaria (just for interest sake), McTominay and Maddison I think we would have a perfect balance with Fred (hopefully we replace him with another more suited to the PL), Pereira and Garner as squad options with the latter expected to challenge one of McT or the new DM for a starting role in a couple of years.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think we will sign a DM and No.10 to replace Pogba and Matic. Suppose we start next season with Zakaria (just for interest sake), McTominay and Maddison I think we would have a perfect balance with Fred (hopefully we replace him with another more suited to the PL), Pereira and Garner as squad options with the latter expected to challenge one of McT or the new DM for a starting role in a couple of years.
I dont know anything of Zakaria but the rest looks painfully meh to me (and again I agree McTominay has been great)

Hammondo

In my eyes he could be the Hargreves for another Carrick type, allowing an AM in front of those 2. Good Carrick types are pretty damn rare though.

Status
Not open for further replies.