6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranie

Didn’t have a good game for us today but who did? Scotty has been one of our best players this season and he will only improve. I can see him bossing the midfield for many years if he keeps up his progress.

Andersons Dietician

Spot on. Even when he's having a good game, the hovering around the ball without actually doing anything happens a lot. Look for evidence Cantwell's early chance in the Norwich game.
To be honest over the last 3-4 games you could probably pick out 6-9 occasions where he does exactly this. I though Chelsea was arguably a game where he had a really bad game for doing it. Still played well in that game but if he really wants to go on and be a top midfielder he can’t be letting things like this happen a couple of times every game.

MetoTTT

Could be a very good squad player for us who gives a f***. This place is really funny how a lot of people are overreacting over a player when he's good or not. Remember RAWK years ago when Jonjo was "the new Stevie".

Baxter

Way too sloppy and even on his good games he loses it too much.

Walters_19_MuFc

Not the best of games from McTominay today. His usual work off the ball was good, but was sloppy in possession.

He needs a rest on Thursday because he's played a lot of games of late and we only really have he and Fred as our first team options.

Aouer-United

Thing is, he shouldnt be the most creative midfielder on the pitch. That shouldn't be his primary job.
You are right he shouldn't the most creative midfielder on the pitches but his passing for top midfield is not up to the standard required, his passing is like 66% pass accuracy rate.

On other hands, Fred has been more creative than Mctominay and he has like 88% passing accuracy rate and he was still bad.

Devil may care

People were getting ludicrously gassed about the lad, great attitude, works hard and is good enough to be a squad player not fecking Captain, he's average as it gets on the ball, very sloppy today in particular, but did his workhorse stuff well.

Mcking

He is a proper average talent. Stick him in the Newcastle team and he'd blend in with the likes of Ki and Shelvey. There are over 30 midfielders I'd have ahead of him in the Premier League. I'd list them without any trouble too.

settembrini

Good as normal when defending. Way below par when we had the ball, some really bad passes today.

Treble

People were getting ludicrously gassed about the lad, great attitude, works hard and is good enough to be a squad player not fecking Captain, he's average as it gets on the ball, very sloppy today in particular, but did his workhorse stuff well.
Imo, that's a fair description.

Godfather

Today showed his limits again. He is a destroyer with a good shot on him. His passing range has improved as well. But he has zero creativity. It can't really be expected from him. It's not his role. But it's something he clearly lacks. No eye for a killer ball at all.

Robbie Boy

He’s getting very overrated on here lately but to be fair, he’s been good this season, for the most part. He was poor today, though.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I do like that he tried to force creativity towards the end even if his passes ended up being rushed and quite frankly, sucked. It shows he knows what to do even if it was beyond him. Shows he is taking responsibility, which I really do appreciate. Important to distinguish between that, and complacency and being scared to try things out of your comfort zone, even if both examples ends up amounting to nothing. He was maybe the only one at the end of the game trying to break the lines proactively, even if it isn't his strong suit, he had to try.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's just not that good on the ball. It's my biggest issue with him.

We need more quality on the ball. He's fine as a squad option, but he can't be a consistent starter.

Mcking

Fair enough, go on then.
Midfielders in the EPL that I'd have over McTominay?
Fernandinho
Guendouzi
Jorginho
Henderson
Ceballos
Rodrigo
Kovacic
Tielemans
Eriksen
Fabinho
Gundogan
Maddison
Winks
Kante
Grealish
Ndombele
Wijnaldum
Ndidi
Norwood
Pogba
De Bruyne
Barkeley
Billing
Moutinho
Noble
Chamberlain
David Silva
Loftus-Cheek
McGinn

I'd struggle to have him ahead of the likes of Xhaka and Fred who are much maligned midfielders.

AFC NimbleThumb

Fernandinho
Guendouzi
Jorginho
Henderson
Ceballos
Rodrigo
Kovacic
Tielemans
Eriksen
Fabinho
Gundogan
Maddison
Winks
Kante
Grealish
Ndombele
Wijnaldum
Ndidi
Norwood
Pogba
De Bruyne
Barkeley
Billing
Moutinho
Noble
Chamberlain
David Silva
Loftus-Cheek
McGinn

I'd struggle to have him ahead of the likes of Xhaka and Fred who are much maligned midfielders.
Comprehensive.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Fernandinho
Guendouzi
Jorginho
Henderson
Ceballos
Rodrigo
Kovacic
Tielemans
Eriksen
Fabinho
Gundogan
Maddison
Winks
Kante
Grealish
Ndombele
Wijnaldum
Ndidi
Norwood
Pogba
De Bruyne
Barkeley
Billing
Moutinho
Noble
Chamberlain
David Silva
Loftus-Cheek
McGinn

Just because you said you could mention over 30, I feel I have to point out that you've listed 29.

LJJT

Fernandinho
Guendouzi
Jorginho
Henderson
Ceballos
Rodrigo
Kovacic
Tielemans
Eriksen
Fabinho
Gundogan
Maddison
Winks
Kante
Grealish
Ndombele
Wijnaldum
Ndidi
Norwood
Pogba
De Bruyne
Barkeley
Billing
Moutinho
Noble
Chamberlain
David Silva
Loftus-Cheek
McGinn

What an utter sad prick you are. I disagree with you 100%. Granted there’s a few there better than him but non of them would fight for us like he does. We don’t need fans like you. If your not a fan I suggest you get a girl or boy friend x

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He needs someone next to him that isn't Fred. He's great off the ball and good at winning it back. He lacks creativity, but that's why he needs someone next to him that can do that. Trouble is, he has Fred next to him who can't really do much of anything.

ash_86

He's been playing every 3 days continuously while likes of Matic and Pogba are taking turns to goto dubai. Let's remember he's 22 and this is his 1st full season.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
There are people who called him next captain, next Roy Keane only to talk shit about him today.

Idiots.

AFC NimbleThumb

There are people who called him next captain, next Roy Keane only to talk shit about him today.

Idiots.
Then there are people who think he’d be a Luke Chadwick of a midfielder in a good United squad.

The boy has talent but he excels at nothing in particular & doesn’t control/set the pace.

Aouer-United

I've been saying for ages, he was never proper midfielder, he's probably one of the worst passers in midfield the post-Fergie. There were many time he should have kept it so well, I felt most of his passing were very rushed or with much too powerful bar. He doesn't have a good decision making in thrid final, there were 4 occasional where he should pass to winger that would likely to get them to get on 1v1 against fullbacks. Rashford was open on left, Mctominay should have crossed the field to Rashford. Andreas is the only player who has worst passing in couple of games, it's understandable he was trying to be creative but Mctominay? 66% passing accuracy rate against Bournemouth is unacceptable

Since Mctominay came and establish himself as a starter, we lost much creativity and struggling to get the ball to the box and lost control of midfield. Herrera, Matic and Pogba were more balanced midfield, they help us to dominate midfield and didn't pass misplaced, they knew what to do.

Fred has been better midfielder than Mctominay this season, he was trying to control the midfield, trying to break the line and did defensive work, he's not shy away from calling for ball where Mctominay didn't. Mctominay lost balls many time due to him getting disposed or bad touches, it's more than Fred.

I expected more much from Fred but if we ignore his tag price and pretend that he came from our academy and we bought Mctominay 50m from the Ukraine, Redcafe would be exploded in anger.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What an utter sad prick you are. I disagree with you 100%. Granted there’s a few there better than him but non of them would fight for us like he does. We don’t need fans like you. If your not a fan I suggest you get a girl or boy friend x
:lol: Prick

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He does need to work on his passing. I like that he drive at teams every now and then but I wonder if his passing accuracy stats are low? Seems to be very clumsy in in his passing, almost like what you'd expect from a bullish forward as a opposed to a CM.

Hopefully he works on this as he's been improving really well in general.

Mcking

Just because you said you could mention over 30, I feel I have to point out that you've listed 29.
Mount, Foden are two talents I'd take ahead of McTominay, Romeu, Fred and Xhaka too. I didn't even consider the 50/50s like Milivojevic, Doucoure, Propper, Dale Stephens, Milner, Rice, Capoue, Hayden who are arguably as good if not better, and could do the same job he's always done. Average midfielders aren't so rare that one has to be gassed up because he puts himself about.

Treble

He is going to get gassed pretty soon at that rate. James too.

Good enough to be a squad player for a top 6 team. He isn't particularly young, he is turning 23 in several weeks. Guendouzi is 3 years younger, Foden 4 years.

Mcking

He is just lucky that we don't have many midfielders, and he is from the academy so escapes criticism because everyone wants him to be the next Roy Keane. The average ones are the ones that run the most, but ultimately, you get average performances and end up with an average team.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is just lucky that we don't have many midfielders, and he is from the academy so escapes criticism because everyone wants him to be the next Roy Keane. The average ones are the ones that run the most, but ultimately, you get average performances and end up with an average team.
Nonsense. KdB must be average too as he usually ends up with around 11.5 kms per game. This is even ignoring players like Vidal at his peak.

Mcking

Nonsense. KdB must be average too as he usually ends up with around 11.5 kms per game. This is even ignoring players like Vidal at his peak.
Jack Cork runs a lot too. Maybe quoting the post below would be more appropriate. Turns out good players can fight and run too.

roonster09

Scout
Jack Cork runs a lot too. Maybe quoting the post below would be more appropriate. Turns out good players can fight and run too.
Jack Cork running a lot means feck all, there are plenty of good players who covers lot of distance. Jorgingo, Kante, BSilva, KdB just without even searching.

Mcking

Jack Cork running a lot means feck all, there are plenty of good players who covers lot of distance. Jorgingo, Kante, BSilva, KdB just without even searching.
If Cork doesn't run as much as he does, then he'd be useless. Jorginho, Silva, De Bruyne are good players.

roonster09

Scout
If Cork doesn't run as much as he does, then he'd be useless. Jorginho, Silva, De Bruyne are good players.
So "The average ones are the ones that run the most," is clearly wrong? Work rate and quality of players are not related.

roonster09

Scout
Never said good players don't cover long distances.
"The average ones are the ones that run the most,"

when there are good players who are among the most distance covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.