Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pogba didn't just come back in time. No. People are completely overlooking the fact that Scott is the keystone to any defensive organization in a midfield. With him gone and Fred/Pogba taking the reigns infront of Harry shit will hit the fan. Simple as.

Pogba is similar to Perreira in the sense that he has no defensive awareness whatsoever.

Last edited:

norm87cro

Personally I'm a big fan and I thought he has generally done very well since his introduction to the first 11. But he hasn't been able to influence games like he's used to latley and a break of a game or two (if the injury isn't two seroius) can do him a world of good. I also think he was, very near a red yesterday (aldo I'm glad somebody was phisical against those Longstaff twats) and the introduction of the more creative Pogba was a blessing in disguise.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Bit stupid of him really to just lunge into pointless challenges. Yeah we know you are passionate you don't have to show it all the time.

He kept on doing it even after yellow card and now we are short of options in an area already depleted.

Mcking

And that’s down to Scott?

It’s amazing that people look at our best players this season and put it down to them for us not being better. Wasn’t that long ago some on here were saying that Rashford had to go on loan and Martial wasn’t good enough.

Scott’s role in the team is to break up opposition play and distribute the ball which he does well. His job isn’t to act as the creative outlet in the team.
I'd say it's down to the ones who's left us with too many average players. McTominay simply shouldn't be a starter and pointing out that he's been one of our regulars doesn't exactly show he's good seeing that we are 7th on the table. His job is probably to break up play as that is what he's decent at, but he's sure as hell isn't doing a good job at distributing the ball. He'd probably be doing a lot more with creativity if he could, but he can't, and that's a limitation.
Sometimes sentimentality veils the obvious but one of our pivots being unavailable for a while could probably push Ole's hand to consider some midfielders in the market, good midfielders.
Martial and Rashford are good players.

Tarrou

Felt like he was a bit wound up yesterday. Probably just eager to make up for the poor performance and result against Watford, and just a bit of lack of experience too.

Hopefully he isn't out for too long now. Just our luck that as soon as Paul's back we lose another one in there.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Love his attitude but he should've known better than to continue playing after that injury. Knees aren't something to feck with.

Andersons Dietician

Pogba didn't just come back in time. No. People are completely overlooking the fact that Scott is the keystone to any defensive organization in a midfield. With him gone and Fred/Pogba taking the reigns infront of Harry shit will hit the fan. Simple as.

Pogba is similar to Perreira in the sense that he has no defensive awareness whatsoever.
Disagree and yesterdays game was evidence that his defensive organisation skills are shocking. Neither of them are particularly brilliant at it but personally I would say there is more evidence Fred is the more defensively astute one. You can see Fred organising people and barking orders at people in almost every game. He also seems to have much better positional awareness of what’s going on compared to McT but then he is a lot more experienced.

What ever happens I don’t think McT is a DM and neither is Fred so we need someone I feel who can do that job with Pogba and one of them.

WR10

Disagree and yesterdays game was evidence that his defensive organisation skills are shocking. Neither of them are particularly brilliant at it but personally I would say there is more evidence Fred is the more defensively astute one. You can see Fred organising people and barking orders at people in almost every game. He also seems to have much better positional awareness of what’s going on compared to McT but then he is a lot more experienced.

What ever happens I don’t think McT is a DM and neither is Fred so we need someone I feel who can do that job with Pogba and one of them.
Take a look where Scott was in relation to Fred every time they got a break. Then take a peek at where Pogba generally was when they got a break. If you’re feeling brave enough, take a peek at where Andreas usually was during our defensive transitions in those couple games Fred/Andreas played in our midfield two.

Point is Fred is solid. He has 4 lungs and can cover twice the amount of your average player. He’s also surprisingly a brilliant standing tackler. The thing is he relies on his midfield partner to cover his tracks. Scott does it seamlessly. There’s a reason why they’re rock solid together. Pogba was miles apart from Fred - that’s not to bash Pogba. Pogba just doesn’t have an interest in any defensive responsibility. He wont be actively thinking how he can hedge Fred’s bets in midfield like Scott constantly does.

Scott going off injured leaving Pogba to do a Scott job is a disaster. Unfortunately Ole doesn’t make the mistake of experimenting too much with that. We have almost no other option. We could seal the crack for now with a Fred/Matic base for Pogba to play alongside. Otherwise Pogba in a 2 man with Fred I’m seeing pitchforks again

Beans

Supports
Neutral
The annoyance is Ole isn't forced to play Pogba at the 10! Hopefully when Scott gets back...

Andersons Dietician

Take a look where Scott was in relation to Fred every time they got a break. Then take a peek at where Pogba generally was when they got a break. If you’re feeling brave enough, take a peek at where Andreas usually was during our defensive transitions in those couple games Fred/Andreas played in our midfield two.

Point is Fred is solid. He has 4 lungs and can cover twice the amount of your average player. He’s also surprisingly a brilliant standing tackler. The thing is he relies on his midfield partner to cover his tracks. Scott does it seamlessly. There’s a reason why they’re rock solid together. Pogba was miles apart from Fred - that’s not to bash Pogba. Pogba just doesn’t have an interest in any defensive responsibility. He wont be actively thinking how he can hedge Fred’s bets in midfield like Scott constantly does.

Scott going off injured leaving Pogba to do a Scott job is a disaster. Unfortunately Ole doesn’t make the mistake of experimenting too much with that. We have almost no other option. We could seal the crack for now with a Fred/Matic base for Pogba to play alongside. Otherwise Pogba in a 2 man with Fred I’m seeing pitchforks again
I’m not disagreeing that he won’t be a loss. What I picked up was the sentence “he was the keystone to any defensive organisation“ I though you were meaning between he and Fred he is the one that makes it work where generally I would say at times a reason we were exposed was due to McT and not so much Fred. Both in A way sort of compliment each other.

But I get what you were meaning now But even then I would say Pogba has more positional sense than McT but he wouldn’t put in the effort to rectify a lapse moment like say McT would.

McT at times I find is quite cavalier and a bit gunho but then that’ll be his youth showing through. Yesterday it looked like we started 433 with him as DM but Newcastle kept catching him out so we quickly shifted back to 4231 dropped Fred in deeper with him and pulled Shaw and Bissaka back a bit.

Anyway I suspect Matic will probably find his way back in so it’s a 3 of Fred, Pogba and he with Matic just sitting Fred allowed to just be a wrecking ball and Pogba to do what he wants. I am intrigued to see what does happen when McT, Fred and Pogba are fully fit and available for selection.

Devil may care

The injury sucks, I feel it's a build up though as he was looking tired, the lack of midfield investment is coming home to roost.

manunited1919

Has he had MRI’s already? Or are they waiting for inflammation to come down before scanning?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ole said "probably he isn't available for next game" which sounded as if injury wasn't serious and should be available soon.

Augustus Gloop

Ole said "probably he isn't available for next game" which sounded as if injury wasn't serious and should be available soon.
Yeah fingers crossed for this... I mean, he ended the 1st half after picking up the injury in the first few minutes... hope he is back soon as!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Only just realised he has the incorrect flag on his profile. I presume it should be the country he represents rather than country of birth @Damien ?

Carl

We will miss him today. Has been a real leader. My fave player this season.
Fred has been out performing him lately and we have pogba to come back in. We really shouldn't miss him against Burnley.

WR10

Fred has been out performing him lately and we have pogba to come back in. We really shouldn't miss him against Burnley.
Pogba has no interest in staying close to Fred in defensive transitions like Scott does. When we lose the ball in transitions it will look like Fred is in islands of his own with Pogba no where to be seen . Scott is crucial to Fred.

Crashoutcassius

He is such a different player to pogba I don't think that even needs to be pointed out, Fred looked hopeless without mctom a few weeks ago. They are a well balanced partnership. We will see if pogba and Fred are they same, my guess is they are not

He'sRaldo

He is such a different player to pogba I don't think that even needs to be pointed out, Fred looked hopeless without mctom a few weeks ago. They are a well balanced partnership. We will see if pogba and Fred are they same, my guess is they are not
They weren't that well balanced offensively, but were decent defensively; I presume a partnership with Pogba will be the opposite.

On the whole though, I would prefer Scott deeper, and Pogba slightly higher up.

Carl

Pogba has no interest in staying close to Fred in defensive transitions like Scott does. When we lose the ball in transitions it will look like Fred is in islands of his own with Pogba no where to be seen . Scott is crucial to Fred.

Its Burnley though lads. I like what Scott has done this season, but Burnley wont try and play through us today, they'll hit the long ones. The area we could miss him for is his height, but what we'll really need today is creativity through and Fred and Pogba offer more of that than any other midfield combination.

Carl

Although I've just seen the team and Matic is in :houllier:

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Time for medical team to perform their magic, while the transfer negotiators better get off their collective arse and at least try to squeeze something from this window.

Nickelodeon

The moment we got Pogba fit. This happened. Damn we’re cursed and forever bound to deal with what-if scenarios.

DRM

fecking typical, as soon as we get 1 midfielder back we lose another. I swear we're fecking cursed

Status
Not open for further replies.