Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Big performance today. Was in his element and nothing got passed him. Watching his interview now and seems a really good guy too.

WakeAndBeek

He sounds surprisingly intelligent on sky sports, was expecting a broad Scotsman didn’t realise he was born in England.

Jacob

Didn't like him coming through, I now consider him to be in our top 5 most important players.

M Bison

Supports
York City
No coincidence that his return has coincided with our performances in the last 2 games - fantastic game all round, bossed it.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's been very good. Still has those moments that will be ironed out where he loses the ball in our half once or twice carelessly. I also don't care for how much he dives. Taylor should have carded him as he dived 3 times without getting his way.

Top game from him today.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Slowly emerging into a Roy Keane type figure. Amazing work ethic, passion and responsibility towards the team.

He is now age 22, same age Keane was when he joined us, and Im not sure there is much difference between them at this age. Mctominay might just have a HUGE future ahead of him. Who knows how good he can become.

I'd make Mcguire captain and McT sonf Rashford as vice captains next season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Most important midfielder at the club. His energy and endeavour change our team so completely. We have to add depth in midfield cos we're not the same when he's out of the team.

Superunknown

Best part of the second half was where he was fouled on one side of the pitch in City's half and then fouled less than a minute later on our side of the pitch on the opposite flank. He really was everywhere and hustled City into making mistakes. I love that he plays with grit and steel, I imagine he's a pain to play against, which is exactly what we need. I wasn't sure about him originally but I really, really like him now.

kiristao

He was brilliant. Defensively he was excellent and timed his runs forward wonderfully. We really need to have him and Fred fit for the rest of the season if we want to have a good season

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His passing is hit and miss but his energy, defensive contribution, dribbling is very good, apart from that offers physicality to the midfield.

Him and Fred are good pairing, covers 11.5 kms on average and plays with so much intensity.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
There was a moment in the 2nd half where he bought a foul right out on the touchline. The crowd groaned, Angelino threw a strop and then McT cracked a big smile at the home fans.

Love this kid.

izec

He has the energy and determination, if the kid works on his passing and technique, he could be a proper midfielder one day.

Brophs

The One and Only
I think we’ve found our under-the-radar dickhead. I could watch him pretend to be injured like that for a good half an hour every game.

baskinginthesun

There was a moment in the 2nd half where he bought a foul right out on the touchline. The crowd groaned, Angelino threw a strop and then McT cracked a big smile at the home fans.

Love this kid.
I saw that as well. Not sure if the crowd threw him a bit of abuse as well and he just wryly smiled it off because he was winning his battles and overrunning the city team.

kundalini

Impressive performance. Comfortable in these big games. Where he needs to improve is in imposing himself against modest opposition.

Hoof the ball

Even when Scott has a "poor" game, he's usually still talismanic and dominant. He has qualities that, even when his passing is off, he can still play 7/10 at worst. Makes everyone around him better.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Even when Scott has a "poor" game, he's usually still talismanic and dominant. He has qualities that, even when his passing is off, he can still play 7/10 at worst. Makes everyone around him better.
Agreed. Lazy comparison, but the above description is very much like Darren Fletcher. When his game was off, he made up the shortfall with work rate and setting the example.

Fletch was a tough lad too, but McT has the upper hand by being so physically imposing too.

Paul_Scholes18

Another great game from him. Having him back with Fred has really helped us win the last two games.

Kag

He’s great at taking the ball on the turn and driving forward with it. Not many central midfielders have the physicality to do that.

Red Stone

He used to be a kid who worked hard and did the basics, but he's coming out of his shell now and proving he deserves to play for a top side. We're different class when he plays.

wunder

not a real german
I think we’ve found our under-the-radar dickhead. I could watch him pretend to be injured like that for a good half an hour every game.
Proper scumbag tactics, but I like it! :devil:

IrishRick

Love this kid.
I fupping loved this moment. If anyone can find a GIF or an image of that I would love to see it again. Brilliant from him

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Didn't like him coming through, I now consider him to be in our top 5 most important players.
He is the perfect example of managers and their coaches knowing more than us since they see them train every day. We jump to conclusions way too early as keyboard warriors here and yet many dont seem to learn.

zenith

He's a warrior and I absolutely love that too bits. Never hides and always gives it his 100% and comes across as very well grounded in his interviews.

Lam

One of the things which I’m still not able to internalize is his ability to take on a dribble and come out on top or win a FK.

He definitely doesn’t come out as a dribbler but somehow manages it. Very intelligent and mature game from him. Hope he can go on to reach at least Fletcher or Butt levels. May be Carrick level if he can focus and is a bit fortunate with injuries (and managers).

edit: can be a future captain (I’d say 20-30% chance)

Hughes35

Love Scott. He drives the whole team on. It's no coincidence how much better Fred plays with him (Maybe even Rashford too?)

He does everything. Every top team has one or two horrible players that bully the opposition, we have lacked this for a long time and Mctom brings it back in abundance.

LoneStar

Another incredible performance. That midfield two works so hard and cover every inch of grass. Anyone have their running/ distance covered stats compared to the rest of the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.