5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Thought he was really good in the second half, and ensured our 442 did not get overrun

Jean claude van hire

I thought he was dreadful. We’ll never win enough games with McTominay and Fred starting every game.
Could I just ask how you have determined he was dreadful based on that game tonight? I admit that it wasn’t a brilliant performance but I thought he was very solid. Can you elaborate please, I thought he was one of our better players tonight?

Eternitiy

I don't see why people are happy with that display. It's reminiscent of when Mourinho used to play Herrera in a defensive role. Decent tackles and touch, but what is the point of a midfielder who cannot pass or build play. I wouldn't be surprised if Guardiola was telling Carrick that his United side needed him on the pitch today.

MrBest

He does not do much wrong or exciting. As for being a starter, just baffled how he starts ahead of DVB.

Kazi

Doesn’t offer enough technically when asked to do anything more than sit in front of the back while next to someone

Augustus Gloop

I thought he was good. That bit of play he was heavily involved in during the 1st half which resulted in Pogba’s poor effort was the best move of the game.

Some key interceptions and he was good on the ball.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Honestly feel that we should move him to the back like how he plays for Scotland so we can avoid having him and Fred doing pretty much the same role in the starting 11.

NickJ

He’s good at driving out with the ball and starting attacks or winning free kicks from it. It’s when he holds onto it too long and passes backwards that’s the issue with him.

bsCallout

Loved him today.

He drove forward with the ball and helps us up the pitch better than anyone.
He broke up their play, including with the petty fouls that really helps our defence.
He retained possession in triangles better than anyone too.

I don't care if he isn't glitzy.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Thought he was really good in the second half, and ensured our 442 did not get overrun
Indeed, and he dropped into the backline on the right very effectively too. He certainly has a role to play in our squad, I'm just not enthusiastic about him as a nailed-on starter alongside Fred.

acnumber9

Could I just ask how you have determined he was dreadful based on that game tonight? I admit that it wasn’t a brilliant performance but I thought he was very solid. Can you elaborate please, I thought he was one of our better players tonight?
I think his only successful passes were to Wan Bissaka, who was normally being marked. Not sure I seen him pass the ball in their half. I expect a lot more from a United midfielder than that. Especially one who is apparently a guaranteed starter now.

Green_Red

Sad to say he adds nothing of value other than being a nuisance. He has no vision for passing and no creativity. Hes the new Park, there purely to be anti-football. Feel sorry for him because his career is being coached away. Will be lucky if he is still here in two years.

reelworld

This is an astonishing take really. Tempted to go back searching through posts as anyone that thinks this must surely have an agenda of some sort
:lol:
Go ahead mate. I rarely go into this part of redcafe, but his performance tonight was pointless, especially in the second half when we need more quality on the ball.

Longshanks

worst player on the pitch surely. Can't believe he lasted 90 minutes. Totally invisible for a large part in the second half
Didn't see bruno's performance today then?

Scott did what Scott does, lots of energy, aggression breaking up play recycling possession and even driving us forward played some neat interchange to help through the press and even very nearly grabbed a goal, nothing pretty or exciting but invaluable.

Park's Petrified Pooch

This is an astonishing take really. Tempted to go back searching through posts as anyone that thinks this must surely have an agenda of some sort
You might want to go through my posts as well then, as I agree with this take. 90 minutes of hiding behind players, failing to take on a long/difficult pass even when he’s looked up and clearly seen it. A couple of nice touches and running 10 years before passing responsibility to someone else doesn’t make a good performance for me. Thought he was the spare man at all times and didn’t make any use of it whatsoever. Cowardly is a too strong a word, but it was a performance that was heading that way. Meek. Tepid. Wank. Take your pick.

SER19

I voted for him as man of the match :lol: I know it's a game of opinions but sometimes I wonder what people were watching. Even allowing for the fact that people might want more to say he was the worst player on the pitch just completely invalidates any opinion. Why do people have to be so extreme? Mahrez, sterling, rashford, Greenwood, rodri were terrible.

reelworld

Sad to say he adds nothing of value other than being a nuisance. He has no vision for passing and no creativity. Hes the new Park, there purely to be anti-football. Feel sorry for him because his career is being coached away. Will be lucky if he is still here in two years.
Nahh, Park was a much better footballer than McTominay. For one, Park was able to become a positive contributor on the ball. Especially in big matches

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
:lol:
Go ahead mate. I rarely go into this part of redcafe, but his performance tonight was pointless, especially in the second half when we need more quality on the ball.
You might want to go through my posts as well then, as I agree with this take. 90 minutes of hiding behind players, failing to take on a long/difficult pass even when he’s looked up and clearly seen it. A couple of nice touches and running 10 years before passing responsibility to someone else doesn’t make a good performance for me. Thought he was the spare man at all times and didn’t make any use of it whatsoever. Cowardly is a too strong a word, but it was a performance that was heading that way. Meek. Tepid. Wank. Take your pick.
Thought he was comfortably our best midfielder out of he, Fred and Bruno and miles from being the worst player on the pitch.

elmo

Adding in one player to the side doesn't mean we're all of a sudden going to become a possession based side does it?
It helps a lot when the addition is someone who's actually able to do something with the ball compared to one who's only aim is to find a passing target that's within 5m range.

Scott's a big reason why us playing out from the back is doomed to fail, he has no confidence in playing the ball out once there's any opponent near him and resorts to passing it back to Lindelof / Maguire.

elmo

Get the feck out with the Park insult.

There's a reason why Park has been part of some of our best counter attacking goals.

Park's Petrified Pooch

Thought he was comfortably our best midfielder out of he, Fred and Bruno and miles from being the worst player on the pitch.
If that’s how you saw it, fair enough. I thought he was woeful on the ball, and as I said, not even attempting to find space despite being left utterly alone by the City press. I thought Fred (who I do not rate at all, which appears to be a minority view here) had a more impactful performance, not by much. Bruno I thought looked to do what he always does. But with an out of sort Rashford not much came off.

Based Adnan

It helps a lot when the addition is someone who's actually able to do something with the ball compared to one who's only aim is to find a passing target that's within 5m range.

Scott's a big reason why us playing out from the back is doomed to fail, he has no confidence in playing the ball out once there's any opponent near him and resorts to passing it back to Lindelof / Maguire.
Scott was good at beating the press today I thought. Wan Bissaka is a far bigger problem in that sense.

This is all a moot point anyway considering Scott is our deepest midfielder and it's a position Van de Beek has literally never played.

Manny

Grammar Police
I thought he was horrible. Spent most the game looking for Lindelof to take the ball of him.

dalriada

I thought this was a game where nobody (on either side) really did anything wrong but nobody shone. In those terms, Scott was as good as anyone.
He was clearly there to do a job, which was to help make sure we didn't go behind yet again. If we'd gone ahead, maybe Ole would have changed our shape and he would have been subbed, but the game didn't play out that way.
I agree that he passed back too much but that was a theme of the game. I think he doesn't get credit when he does the job of just shielding the defence, but that's not unusual when critics look at defensive midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.