5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doracle

Any midfield control is just lost when he's in.
We didn’t have much control anyway and I’d blame ETH entirely for what happened after the subs. I’m genuinely not sure where McT was meant to be playing - felt like he was somewhere in an advanced right side position.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We didn’t have much control anyway and I’d blame ETH entirely for what happened after the subs. I’m genuinely not sure where McT was meant to be playing - felt like he was somewhere in an advanced right side position.
He's supposed to be B2B but he has very slow pace to offer any threat in attack. And he's not winning much aerial duel also. The ones he won, it's all about winning the ball with no ball direction whatsoever.

Diamond Chap

Supports
Airdrieonians
Played OK today. Won a few challenges, moved the ball on quickly.
Did what was asked of him.
Not wasteful.

El__Jingo

Played OK today. Won a few challenges, moved the ball on quickly.
Did what was asked of him.
Not wasteful.
how do you know what was asked of him though?

if anything in the second half we created less chances and our attacking threat just wasnt there what so ever and ETH is some what to blame for that because his subs just didn't make any sense at all.

i don't ever see a scenario when we need a goal to bring a player on who's attributes are more physical than technical, unless its like we did with Maguire and shove him up top.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Just rewatching highlights from WH game. I didn't notice that during the game but every long shot from West Ham was after McT failed to block/tackle the player. Antonio shot for example; McT is on his back, second later McT is jogging and Antonio shooting.
Rice shot; he was dribbled twice in that play.

Guy is useless in defence and attack

Bobski

Not up to his level at the start of the season, too many lose touches and was back to either failing in his execution of the more progressive passes or unwillingess to play them. Still much better than Fred or Donny but that midfield should never play together again, and really it should be 1 of Fred or McT at most and not both.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Pretty obvious that both him and Fred play far better when they're not playing with each other.... mainly because they both then have other, much better players to actually pass the ball too.

I always get a bit of a kick out of him playing further up the pitch... for all his other deficiencies, he can't half hit a ball.

Irwin99

Better second half but my god, him and Fred were terrible in the first.

Marwood

Pretty obvious that both him and Fred play far better when they're not playing with each other.... mainly because they both then have other, much better players to actually pass the ball too.

I always get a bit of a kick out of him playing further up the pitch... for all his other deficiencies, he can't half hit a ball.
Same here.

I kind of want to see him upfront. He's got something about him further up the pitch.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not up to his level at the start of the season, too many lose touches and was back to either failing in his execution of the more progressive passes or unwillingess to play them. Still much better than Fred or Donny but that midfield should never play together again, and really it should be 1 of Fred or McT at most and not both.
His first start in goodness knows how long so clearly not up to proper match sharpness. He's not a scratch on a proper CDM like Casemiro but he's still miles better than our other CM options in Fred and DVB.

the_cliff

If things stay the way they are (In regards to Martial being injury prone), I have a sneaky feeling Mctominay will get minutes as a 9 under ETH.

Bobski

Better second half but my god, him and Fred were terrible in the first.
They need the 3rd midfielder to take the creative responsibility and drop for the ball, but Donny is Donny and it was woeful stuff.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I like him paired with Eriksen. One of them knows what a midfielder should be doing, the second provides energy and strength.

Just never play him with Fred.

Ace of Spades

He is a good squad player, in the part where he does whatever job is given to him despite being limited. He was good at stopping attacks, just not good at passing the ball. The bigger problem was both Fred and VDB, who were even more crap.

RepardReece

There's a reason why the team only started performing once Eriksen & Casemiro came on. McT is an okay squad player but never should be starting.

Good goal however.

Valencia Shin Crosses

One of the shittest passing mids we've ever had at the club I think, every pass he hits is poor even when it reaches it's target (overhit, underhit, difficult to control, etc.).

There's a reason we were so bad last year with McFred as a starting 2, our forwards in the first half couldn't get the ball hardly unless they were found with a long ball from the back line. Sub Eriksen on and all of the sudden we trash Villa

the_cliff

False 9 for Manchester United, centre back for Scotland. Imagine that!
He has something about him as a more attacking player he strikes the ball really well and is a decent finisher in general, he's also 6'3.

But yh that would be hilarious. :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Today we saw Scott's limits and his plus points. Alongside a player as one dimensional as he is he's worthless. Put him besides someone like Eriksen, who can carry the creative burden, his stamina and work suddenly mean something. He kept working until the end and I'm glad he got his goal. However, f-k me, I shrink inside when he gets the ball deep in midfield and has to progress it. He just ain't got that in his locker.

An adequate replacement for either Casemiro or Eriksen but not above either as a starter, obviously. Ahead of Fred in the rankings for me, not least because he is good in the air
Great defensive header in the first half from the corner.
Good finish at the end and times his run's into the box well.
Will do well with some ETH coaching over the next few weeks.
Nailed on starter for next round of the league cup

Roboc7

He was rubbish for majority of the game, good goal though. He’s just a backup now, he’ll probably outlast Fred but days as a starter have been and gone.

Glorio

Pulled a hamstring after the goal it seems. Can't be sure but I reckon he can do a destroyers job at CF if required

KrasHammerhand

I love his energy. He would smash his grandmother if he was asked for the badge. Is he the most skilled player, no but I really can’t dislike him.

edgecutter

And? as I say Mctominay was the best midfielder on the pitch until Eriksen came on
And that was no achievement. He's a poor player that I always worry about when he starts because we have no control and he offers very little. He's got a good attitude but that isn't going to make him a decent player.

TheReligion

Abusive
And that was no achievement. He's a poor player that I always worry about when he starts because we have no control and he offers very little. He's got a good attitude but that isn't going to make him a decent player.
You should worry more about Donny and Fred.

Status
Not open for further replies.