5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El__Jingo

Yes. I noticed you haven't posted anything about his performance last night which speaks volumes. Have you got it within yourself to accept he played well last night and has started the season well or are you sticking to your guns?

some of us have actual lives, it isnt my first thought after every game to come onto a fan forum ..

but back to your point in trying to justify what you said.. first half yes he played well but yet again in the second fizzled out of the game, i find it baffling how he still managed to complete 7 more passes than Casemiro although he played 60 minutes more ( 45 of those in a first half were we dominated the game )

i will always stand by the fact that as a club if he is to be a main starter we will never achieve anything, and u can look back at many messages left where i say Maguire, shaw, mct and rashford are the 4 players who cant play if were to get back to where we are, 2 of those have been replaced and look at the difference it makes, and the same will be when the latter two are.

El__Jingo

To be perfectly honest if Varane needed a rest or got injured I'd like to see him alongside Martinez at centre back

you do realise he's given away the most fouls in the league.. and you know what a foul in the box results in dont you??

Abraxas

He seems to be showing a bit more tactical nous in these past couple of games than he has for the entirety of his career. Nothing spectacular but has covered the defence well despite playing alongside an ostensibly attacking player. Very small sample though, if he maintains it for half a season then it starts to become a positive pattern.

nau05194

some of us have actual lives, it isnt my first thought after every game to come onto a fan forum ..
You were on this forum last night after the match. I also noticed 50% of your posting history since you signed up have centred around anti McTominay posts.

El__Jingo

You were on this forum last night after the match. I also noticed 50% of your posting history since you signed up have centred around anti McTominay posts.
i seem to have a little fan boy, dont know if i'm honoured or should be worried.. 50% wouldve thought it wouldve been higher but thanks for taking notice. strange lad

UDontMessWith24

you do realise he's given away the most fouls in the league.. and you know what a foul in the box results in dont you??
Do you know the midfield position has a different dynamic to center back in this regard?

Last edited:

nau05194

i seem to have a little fan boy, dont know if i'm honoured or should be worried.. 50% wouldve thought it wouldve been higher but thanks for taking notice. strange lad
oh I took notice, couldn't miss it in fact. I thought what's this guys constant beef with McTominay all about.

Hardly any of your posts address anything else. What's that all about?

Adam_S

Thought he looked decent against Leicester. I don't think it's a coincidence that when he's given a limited, well defined role in an organised team alongside a quality midfield partner he looks way better.

JeffFromHK

He has done very well in the past 3 games (although I have been critical of him)

he is a decent sqaud player as a 12th man-17th man who can put in decent shifts, like O'Shea, Brown, Butt, Fortune, Phil Neville & Co. we had 20 years ago. But they all have low ceilings you can't rely on them to be your starting XI every game.

El__Jingo

Insulting another member
oh I took notice, couldn't miss it in fact. I thought what's this guys constant beef with McTominay all about.

Hardly any of your posts address anything else. What's that all about?
what a strange man you must be that you're thinking about a stranger like that. whats that all about?

someone needs to check that hard drive of yours.

AdNani

He has done very well in the past 3 games (although I have been critical of him)

he is a decent sqaud player as a 12th man-17th man who can put in decent shifts, like O'Shea, Brown, Butt, Fortune, Phil Neville & Co. we had 20 years ago. But they all have low ceilings you can't rely on them to be your starting XI every game.
Pretty much this, hard working footballer who will goes about his job, professionally, Unfortunately we need more than that and he needs to be dropped from the starting XI for Casemiro.

nau05194

what a strange man you must be that you're thinking about a stranger like that. whats that all about?

someone needs to check that hard drive of yours.
It's nothing particularly out of the ordinary to have United fans saying McTominay isn't good enough and most of the guys names that kept popping up on this thread would hang around other threads and criticize Lindelof or Maguire or Rashford etc so yeah that's okay - no issue with that, but when I checked your posting history a significant percentage is just anti McTominay and I thought who is this guy and what in the world would possess him to have such targeted posting.

Footyislife

ETH said in the presser he doesn't think Casemiro/Ronaldo can last the full 70ish mins he wants his starters to play.

Safer strategy to have Casemiro as a sub with Scott playing alright defensively, than being down a goal or tied and having Scott to bring on in crunch time.

theatreofdreams777

Fred will eventually take his place in the starting XI along with Casemiro & Eriksen in a 4-3-3. Erik will learn the hard way like he did with Maguire but I hope it won’t be too long before he did that as insisting on Maguire cost us the first 2 weeks defeats.

Devil81

It's only game three for Casamiro, honestly he will be a first team regular in games to come but at this moment ETH must feel Scott is better prepared to start in the midfield area.

Anthony kind of plays in a free hit area of the field, he will be told to push forward and influence attacks, it's less of a risk starting him positionally.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
There is absolutely nothing to suggest this.
Yes there is. McTominay is in there because Casemiro isn't up to speed yet. You need McTominay there if Casemiro isn't because a midfield of Bruno, Eriksen, Fred is ridiculously lightweight and you need some physicality.

With Casemiro in there, you benefit more from someone more mobile and with more stamina to press and harry while Casemiro sits in. Same reason Fred starts with Casemiro for Brazil instead of Fabinho.

MrEleson

Yes there is. McTominay is in there because Casemiro isn't up to speed yet. You need McTominay there if Casemiro isn't because a midfield of Bruno, Eriksen, Fred is ridiculously lightweight and you need some physicality.

With Casemiro in there, you benefit more from someone more mobile and with more stamina to press and harry while Casemiro sits in. Same reason Fred starts with Casemiro for Brazil instead of Fabinho.
Casemiro and Fabinho are the same profile. Casemiro is better which is why he starts ahead of him.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Casemiro and Fabinho are the same profile. Casemiro is better which is why he starts ahead of him.
Yeah, but Fred and McTominay aren't the same profile. Fred complements Casemiro more than McT does.

Trequarista10

I agree with your logic, but when Casemiro does establish himself in the team, it will be Fred and Eriksen competing to start with him, rather than Fred and McTominay. McTominay will purely be Casemiro's understudy imo.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Stood tall again. Best few back to back performances for a very long time.

edgecutter

Does well with the job given, but he is a limited player ann went missing in the second half

Sviken

I was sceptical of him starting, but he proved me wrong. He was absolutely stellar today. Should have been MOTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.