2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

abkmufc92

Højlund went off at 64 minutes and had 15 touches of the ball, this guy plays in the centre for 86 minutes and touches it just 22 times and you have people on here saying he doesn't hide from the ball.

Last edited:

Superunknown

Does anyone have his stats from today? He looked invisible on the pitch but really wonder how the stats look?
Sometimes the eyes are a more than good enough judge. If we lost 3-1 at home and he's playing in midfield and looked invisible, then he probably was.

I don't need any stats to tell me that he was part of a midfield that failed to function today. He hasn't got the right attributes or technical ability to take us where we need to be.

edgecutter

How many more seasons does this guy get before someone in the club gets a fecking clue? Should have been sold years ago

Irwin99

Watched a clip of the first goal. That's not exactly busting a gut to get back is it?!

El Zoido

The invisible man. He touched the ball about 35 minutes in and it took me by surprise, like “oh, McTominay is playing”, I literally had forgot and hadn’t even noticed him until then.

Superunknown

Højlund went off at 64 minutes and had 15 touches of the ball, this guy players in the centre for 86 minutes and touches it just 22 times and you have people on here saying he doesn't hide from the ball.
This is even more alarming when you consider that we didn't do enough to get Højlund on the ball, too.

Mike Smalling

Noone was good enough, but I'd like to single McTominay out. Completely invisible. Did nothing. No cover for the back four, no contributions going forward.

He would be memed a lot more, but he gets a pass because he runs around a lot, and generally doesn't do anything. His biggest mistakes are not on the ball - it's not getting involved at all.

Skills

Snitch
Noone was good enough, but I'd like to single McTominay out. Completely invisible. Did nothing. No cover for the back four, no contributions going forward.

He would be memed a lot more, but he gets a pass because he runs around a lot, and generally doesn't do anything. His biggest mistakes are not on the ball - it's not getting involved at all.
If only he did that.

AndySmith1990

It's baffling that he wasn't sold to West Ham when they put in an offer. Recruitment at this club is beyond terrible

edgecutter

He didn't even run today. Jogged at best and didn't track back when needed. He's lucky he isn't a foreign player or he'd have the media after him for that performance

Sylar

Where did he play? It certainly wasn't in front of the back four. I saw him a few times on the right trying to help Dalot (but didn't really for one of their goals).
I don't even know if or when he got subbed off

In Rainbows

Watched a clip of the first goal. That's not exactly busting a gut to get back is it?!
He has the "puts in effort for the shirt" myth from some parts of the fanbase. It's never been true and yet it persists with him. I feel like Mugatu being gaslit about Zoolander.

bstb3

Why? Why does he keep getting game time? Are the polaroids or something. How is it successive coaching teams can't see it? Has he mastered the art of hiding so much they don't even see his name on the teamsheet?

I'd love for him to have a great career, but it doesn't work here. Sorry, Scott, it doesn't. We need presence in midfield, and it's not his fault he doesn't bring it, but it's not new. Injuries are one thing, but this is self inflicted.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Thought he started ok but then drifted out the game badly. I don't want to be too harsh since he was playing in an unfamiliar position, but let's be honest he generally does the same thing in the centre.

Also got to say his effort for the first goal we conceded was pathetic, as it usually is when players get in behind him. Just jogs back without any effort. He's ok when the play is in front of him, but once they get in behind he's terrible for just ambling back.

Casemiro was equally to blame for pretty much the same. If either (or preferably both) had actually busted their arse to get back that goal probably isn't conceded, and that goal completely changed the game.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Clowns at this club rejected £25m offer for him btw :houllier:

FerociousCorgis

Thought he started ok but then drifted out the game badly. I don't want to be too harsh since he was playing in an unfamiliar position, but let's be honest he generally does the same thing in the centre.

Also got to say his effort for the first goal we conceded was pathetic, as it usually is when players get in behind him. Just jogs back without any effort. He's ok when the play is in front of him, but once they get in behind he's terrible for just ambling back.

Casemiro was equally to blame for pretty much the same. If either (or preferably both) had actually busted their arse to get back that goal probably isn't conceded, and that goal completely changed the game.
Yeah both him and case were embarrassing there. Mctominay doesn't cover his runner at all, then doesn't bother covering the runner who comes into his space. Considering unlike case that he can see it all unfold in front of him it's really unacceptable for him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
We should rename this thread to JOGGER. I don't think I have ever seen player with less talent playing so casually for years for a top club. How many times will we conceede while he jogs back and stays on the pitch like nothing happened is beyond me.

In Rainbows

At least Casemiro accelerated. McTominay couldn't even do that.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We should rename this thread to JOGGER. I don't think I have ever seen player with less talent playing so casually for years for a top club. How many times will we conceede while he jogs back and stays on the pitch like nothing happened is beyond me.
I think a huge part of the 'hard working' myth is because of the entire 'McFred' thing. Fred obviously was an incredible workhorse that never stopped running, so with he and Scott being seen as a combo in a lot of peoples eyes they seemed to subconsciously put Scott on the same level. When in reality he was closer to Pogba and Matic than he was to Fred.

That and a small handful of high profile big games where he actually did work hard, and those are the ones people remember him for.

L1nk

Where's @MasterDarcy to call me a low intelligence being for saying he hides from the ball? Guy is a ghost and shouldn't have a career here despite all your waffling. I'm sure you'll come up with some bs though :)

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Given he comes from the academy he could still be useful for the lists as homegrown player but only as a squaddie. He should collect gametime mainly in the two domestic cups and during "garbage" time, not being in the starting XI of an important match against a rival for EPL top4.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think a huge part of the 'hard working' myth is because of the entire 'McFred' thing. Fred obviously was an incredible workhorse that never stopped running, so with he and Scott being seen as a combo in a lot of peoples eyes they seemed to subconsciously put Scott on the same level. When in reality he was closer to Pogba and Matic than he was to Fred.

That and a small handful of high profile big games where he actually did work hard, and those are the ones people remember him for.
That definitely, I remember people using that PSG game few years ago against Neymar to call him workhorse. He wasn't running much in that game, he just liked to wrestle Neymar. That game was enough even for our fans to think he runs a lot, despite being laziest player on the pitch 9/10 times otherwise.

JG3001

Him and Rashford should be joining Sancho after todays game. Laziest bastards on the pitch by a mile.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Any United manager who keeps playing him deserves to be sacked.
I said this about a week into Ten Hag’s first pre-season. Said my expectation/confidence in him would be largely dictated by whether McTominay was still here come September. He was, and my fears that Ten Hag was not actually the total football Cruyff student I had hoped for have since been confirmed. But the initial doubts were based on Scott alone.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Looks like we are playing him as AM today. Not sure what he could offer on the pitch.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Did he play, I can't remember anything of note he did on the pitch If he was even there.

Seij

Højlund went off at 64 minutes and had 15 touches of the ball, this guy plays in the centre for 86 minutes and touches it just 22 times and you have people on here saying he doesn't hide from the ball.
Young, potential, pashun, United lad, etc, etc.

Abraxas

Poor.

Weirdly I thought he started alright. Seemed to be fairly confident with his passing, releasing it quickly and notably looked like he was up for the intensity of the game.

But..he just disappeared.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

We all thought this was mental at the time, right? Watch us struggle to get 15m for him next summer.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
17 passes for 86 minutes playing in center. feck me.

Bobski

Poor.

Weirdly I thought he started alright. Seemed to be fairly confident with his passing, releasing it quickly and notably looked like he was up for the intensity of the game.

He was fine in the too few moments he was on the ball, but I really don't understand what Ten Hag wanted from him today. I would guess it was some sort of advanced press to disrupt their build up play but he was often caught between the pushing in and trying to get out to the LB. Deserves criticism but today I would put more on Ten Hag.

edgecutter

Poor.

Same as usual then