Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Just found some news about how Benitez wants James Mccarthy from Everton.

Seems like a potential replacement for Longstaff in my opinion.
Isaac Hayden has been trying to escape for over a year; that’s likely who he’d replace.

poleglass red

Good player. But anybody that thinks he’s going to come in and improve on Matic is genuinely off their rocker. I’ve seen lots of Longstaff (I’d wager more than just about anybody on this forum, infact) and he isn’t that good.
if he is able to actually run after people and even attempt to challenge them, he's already an upgrade on Static.

Loublaze

ATLien
Good player. But anybody that thinks he’s going to come in and improve on Matic is genuinely off their rocker. I’ve seen lots of Longstaff (I’d wager more than just about anybody on this forum, infact) and he isn’t that good.
So maybe you can clear this up for me, is he more Carrick or more Lampard? It seems more people are comparing him to Carrick now but i've also read comparisons to Lampard because of his apparent goal scoring prowess.

@Loublaze

Yoy can have high passing percentage if you only play backward & sideways like Cleverley at United. Cleverley was given a task at United to keep it simple same with Rice.

It has nothing to do with playing for lesser club or bigger club.
Longstaff makes more forward passes per 90 but he also makes more backwards passes than Rice according to the Squawka comparison matrix. They are almost even when it comes to sideways passes. The sample is small though since Longstaff didn't play much. Rice is the much bigger talent, two years younger as well and already so much more experience in the PL

Last edited:

LuckyScout78

im definitive impresses by this guy. He is a clinical finisher and can score goals as well. He is composure and good with the ball. So again, he definitive got mine attention as a scout. He is definitive on my notebook and one to watch and follow.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Think I'd prefer to take a punt on Jack Clarke - what I've seen of him reminds me of Alan Smith's passion and work ethic

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Think I'd prefer to take a punt on Jack Clarke - what I've seen of him reminds me of Alan Smith's passion and work ethic
Don't think this current Leeds set up will ever sell to United. They're too close to getting back to where they reckon they should be. Although I suppose they're prone to making tits of themselves.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Don't think this current Leeds set up will ever sell to United. They're too close to getting back to where they reckon they should be. Although I suppose they're prone to making tits of themselves.
was hoping they might "need" to sell having failed to get promotion this time round...

Lennon7

was hoping they might "need" to sell having failed to get promotion this time round...
Clarke was never a main starter for them, just an emerging youth talent. He’d no doubt be happy sticking around to see what happens next season.

Toad

Sorry but... :lol:

LuckyScout78

Longstaff is central midfield player, but he does has a clinical finishing in him. Like Frank Lampard. If you give this boy some space inside or abit outside the box, then you are done. Longstaff is really determination when it come to finishing. Looks at the goals he has scored so far;)

G_and_T

Longstaff could become one of the stars of English football. I've seen him play a number of times and thought straight away the MU should buy him. Really talented and intelligent footballer. I don't think Newcastle will sell him though, which is a huge shame for us, not so much for them.

Tiber

The times have stated again that he is a target. Said that Ole sees him as a star of the future

BlahRules

The times have stated again that he is a target. Said that Ole sees him as a star of the future

Rabiot and Bruno Fernandes as the holding midfielder and attacking midfielder.

AWB or TM as the right back, and the commanding centre back could be anyone at this stage.

Regards to the forward, I wonder if OGS would go for a versitile forward that can play as a winger forward and lead the line.

UpWithRivers

Why is this still being reported after Newcastle buy out there is no way they will sell and no way he will leave.

Johan07

Rabiot and Bruno Fernandes as the holding midfielder and attacking midfielder.

AWB or TM as the right back, and the commanding centre back could be anyone at this stage.

Regards to the forward, I wonder if OGS would go for a versitile forward that can play as a winger forward and lead the line.
Rabiot refused to play DM for PSG so thats not going to work.

FirstTouch

James Garner plays pretty much the same position and is extremely highly rated.

Will almost certainly play pre season.

Superb passing between the lines at speed, better than the footage I've seen of Longstaff.

Joseunited

James Garner plays pretty much the same position and is extremely highly rated.

Will almost certainly play pre season.

Superb passing between the lines at speed, better than the footage I've seen of Longstaff.
I've got high hopes for Garner just not sure if he's ready this season.

Lennon7

I hope we’re fading him out and giving him limited minutes. I doubt it when we’re going to give Young the captaincy.
We can’t afford to fade him out, he’s done. Legs are gone. Needs replacing ASAP

FirstTouch

Garner seems very mentally mature to me.

Combine that with the intelligence his game has and he's a tall lad so if he can 5 or 6 pounds during the inter season break to his (relatively) thin frame there is no reason he can't be available to play next season.

Johan07

I also rate Garner extremely high, but he plays in a position where experience is essential. He is still a couple of years away.

Santos J

Think it'd be a really good move, especially at £25m.

ForestRGoinUp

Our big summer window could be 175M spent on James, AWB, Harry Maguire and Sean Longstaff...

kirk buttercup

This could be a very good bit of Business. 25m ,he could go on to be a very solid player for us . Dont mind this at all .

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I really rate this lad from what I saw off him against City and Chelsea. For £25m he'd be a fantastic pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.