Sergio Reguilón | 2023/24 Performances

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We don't want to be left without options if either one of Dalot /AWB are injured or suspended.
Dalot and Wan Bissaka aren’t going to play every single game from now until Shaw/Malacia’s return. Reguilon will play matches.

Ekeke

Good luck keeping him fit.
Is that the main issue with him at Spurs? He seems pretty good joining the attacking phase and putting a decent ball in

Edit - checking his seasons at spurs and he has the 6th most 90 mins first season and 8th the 2nd season. So seems more like a Spurs thing that not many players had more than 25

Last edited:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Is that the main issue with him at Spurs? He seems pretty good joining the attacking phase and putting a decent ball in

Edit - checking his seasons at spurs and he has the 6th most 90 mins first season and 8th the 2nd season. So seems more like a Spurs thing that not many players had more than 25
Some times she’s brilliant, most of the time his concentration is terrible, he’s definently better going forward than in reverse. He is technically very good just tactically he’s absent at times. He’s also incredibly weak.

jesperjaap

Some times she’s brilliant, most of the time his concentration is terrible, he’s definently better going forward than in reverse. He is technically very good just tactically he’s absent at times. He’s also incredibly weak.
That is exactly what I think of his time at Spurs. He looked really good at Sevilla but I dont see he offers any more than the three full backs we have just sold/loaned, admittedly two of them before the Shaw injury.

I am not sure he is even a better option at left back than Dalot who I have never rated. But....he offers more going forward than our supposed quality attacking full back. Dont know why we didnt just keep Fernandez as back up to Dalot at left back or spend a loan fee on Cucarella who though hasnt done anything at Chelsea still looks much more competent all round....he was never going to justify the ludicrous fee Chelsea paid

RedStarUnited

Immediately the best crosser at the club.

such is the sad state of affairs at this club.

Ekeke

That is exactly what I think of his time at Spurs. He looked really good at Sevilla but I dont see he offers any more than the three full backs we have just sold/loaned, admittedly two of them before the Shaw injury.

I am not sure he is even a better option at left back than Dalot who I have never rated. But....he offers more going forward than our supposed quality attacking full back. Dont know why we didnt just keep Fernandez as back up to Dalot at left back or spend a loan fee on Cucarella who though hasnt done anything at Chelsea still looks much more competent all round....he was never going to justify the ludicrous fee Chelsea paid
It should be pretty obvious. We have 1 leftback better than him and hes injured. Hes proven at europa league level, we know because he proved it against us as one of sevilla's best players when they knocked is out.

Malacia had a good start and then a poor spell. And now hes injured. We can expect Reguilon to be a good fill in until Shaw gets back. When Malacia is fit he will then have the challenge to outperform him and prove he should be the one kept as Shaw's competition.

Gopher Brown

Telles didn't have a proper target inside the box
You know, you’ve just reminded me that we sold Telles during this window! We were one injury away from a crisis so bad that we had to bring in a left back on emergency loan when we had an experienced one already. Again, absolutely shocking squad management.

FrantikChicken

You know, you’ve just reminded me that we sold Telles during this window! We were one injury away from a crisis so bad that we had to bring in a left back on emergency loan when we had an experienced one already. Again, absolutely shocking squad management.
we’ve lost both our left backs mate, not one

Gopher Brown

we’ve lost both our left backs mate, not one
Malacia was injured at the start of July and missed all of pre-season. You’d think with proper planning we’d wait until January to sell Telles, or at least until the end of the summer.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This has been abysmal. Struggling until the last minute

Kag

And if Shaw wasn’t injured no doubt you’d be in the Telles thread flapping your gums because we haven’t tried to ship him off to somwhere in Saudi.

I’ve seen some interesting takes in recent weeks, but keeping Telles is definitely right up there with the wackiest of them.

Crimson King

Telles had to go, don't be such a numpty.

Gopher Brown

And if Shaw wasn’t injured no doubt you’d be in the Telles thread flapping your gums because we haven’t tried to ship him off to somwhere in Saudi.

I’ve seen some interesting takes in recent weeks, but keeping Telles is definitely right up there with the wackiest of them.
Telles had to go, don't be such a numpty.
Telles is probably better than Reguilon, if not it’s very close, he was also already on our books when Malacia was injured and missed the whole of pre-season. I’m not going to complain if we retain a player who is already ours as injury cover, don’t be so silly. If our first choice centre backs had been injured at the end of last season I wouldn’t be clamouring to sell Maguire, even though he’s not at the level we need.

flappyjay

Telles is probably better than Reguilon, if not it’s very close, he was also already on our books when Malacia was injured and missed the whole of pre-season. I’m not going to complain if we retain a player who is already ours as injury cover, don’t be so silly. If our first choice centre backs had been injured at the end of last season I wouldn’t be clamouring to sell Maguire, even though he’s not at the level we need.
We got a nominal amount for him, it was not easy finding him a buyer. Moving him on later wouldn't have been easy either. Reguilon we will discard in January when we are done with him and move on.

Kag

Shaw is first choice and we had Malacia and Dalot as cover. Malacia is out for longer than expected and Shaw has picked up a bad injury. It happens.

Telles wasn’t good enough and we were right to get rid. Reguilon will be here for a few months and then leave. It’s smart enough.

Ekeke

Our best left attacker by a mile today. Worked hard up and down the left making runs at speed. Didnt make enough of his movement, especially Rashford

Marzo

I thought he was actually very good today, creating , and looked exciting to watch when he took on his man.

Dannn411

Roundly destroyed on here as a no-hoper but was by far our best defender today.

DevTheRed

Thought he did well.. very tenacious and kept things simple. Good debut.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Better than anything Telles and Malacia served up over the last few years which says it all about this club when this lad was brought in on a short term loan deal. Can actually control a football and run with it. Something most of our players lack the ability to do.

zaafi

Our best player this match by far. I still don't understand why we didn't try to get the ball to him more often.

TrailMonkey

Impressive. Put in more decent crosses than all our fullbacks combined in recent years.

NickJ

Pretty impressive debut, looked dangerous going forward and wasn’t as physically exposed as I expected him to be. Could have done better with first goal though.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Good debut, despite the overall result.

PoTMS

One positive amongst a sea of negatives. He should keep his place against Bayern.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Our best left attacker by a mile today. Worked hard up and down the left making runs at speed. Didnt make enough of his movement, especially Rashford
Probably our best player. Was willing to put in a shift, unlike some