Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

I love his vacant stare. I am not sure he is entirely human. He might actually be a superior being, only conceding occasionally to appear mortal. Do not be hugely surprised if he one day announces to mankind our subservience to him.

This human form is interesting. I will consider carefully when I start removing the other humans.
Reckon he's some sort of a puma or something. Just check out them whiskers.

lem8sh

Some great saves this year but he's not good enough to be our number 1 if DDG leaves imho. Good keeper but not a top keeper which would become clear if DDG ever suffered a long term injury.

Raw

I love his vacant stare. I am not sure he is entirely human. He might actually be a superior being, only conceding occasionally to appear mortal. Do not be hugely surprised if he one day announces to mankind our subservience to him.

This human form is interesting. I will consider carefully when I start removing the other humans.

He's clearly on several levels higher than the rest of us primitive humans.

Skills

Snitch
He's a brilliant back up. I forget he even exists until we're resting de Gea

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
My MoM today ... very tough to stay focused when there was nothing to do and then very difficult to stay composed when the stadium gets nervous & quiet like it did today.
A couple of absolutely gigantic saves that, had he not made, could have had us in tears tonight!
Without Romero's clean sheet today we might be feeling more like Citeh supporters who choked on their conflakes after losing a two goal lead!

Smudge

Shaky start to his United career which was to be expected as nearly all foreign keepers take time to adjust to the Premier League.

Good thing is its not even a topic of discussion when he is selected which shows the confidence Mourinho, the fans and players have in him.

Hope he is happy to stay.

OldTrevil

Back to god mode today. Our keeper situation is great. It would be awesome if DDG never leaves and Romero also stays and gets a entire cup competition each season.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Fantastic performance imo. Any three of his saves could've easily gone in. If we don't make top four but win the EL, we can look back at this performance as critical.

Sylar

Good stuff again. Deserved MOTM imo because when he was called upon, he was brilliant. Sign of a really good keeper that given how quiet he was before, his concentration never fell.

RedFish

Cult hero. I'd play him in the final should we get there and I think Jose would too. It'd be bad form not too. He deserves his spot in these cup games.

ti vu

Good stuff again. Deserved MOTM imo because when he was called upon, he was brilliant. Sign of a really good keeper that given how quiet he was before, his concentration never fell.
It's too "high" even for a fallen state :wenger:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Cult hero. I'd play him in the final should we get there and I think Jose would too. It'd be bad form not too. He deserves his spot in these cup games.

Unfair as it would be on Romero, surely you have to play DDG if winning the Europa Cup Final is our only route into CL?

BTW I agree he is becoming a cult hero and I like him alot

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Probably a good way to get De Gea to leave

Owngoalscorer

Great tonight & has been pretty good every time for a good while now - also seems like he's happy to be here which is really lucky for us. An Argentinian who alongside Rojo, has the balls to live in Manchester can't be a bad thing

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
His greatest weakness, as with most keepers of his size, are low driven shots. That's about it.

The United

He was quite shaky when he started out for us. Couldn't clear the ball properly without it hurting us.
Just like DDG I bet.

Not saying romero is as good as him.

Just pointing out that people either super-hype or have no patient on new players.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's been good in his last few games for us. Less nervy than when he was at the start. 3 good saves today, one of them was excellent. Better than Claudio Bravo has been. :lol:

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Romero has had the experience of playing in a World Cup final before, it's not like the pressure of a Europa League final would scare him.

Giggs86

He's been good in his last few games for us. Less nervy than when he was at the start. 3 good saves today, one of them was excellent. Better than Claudio Bravo has been. :lol:
Even John O'shea was better than Claudio Bravo.

ti vu

Romero has had the experience of playing in a World Cup final before, it's not like the pressure of a Europa League final would scare him.
He had a bad track record of losing finals though :nervous: He can enjoy himself until the final then DDG needs to do the job.

Last edited:

Acole9

Outstanding
He was phenomenal last night, a couple of those saves were incredible.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's miles better now then he was when he first came here... Which is understandable, time to settle in and all that.

I think Jose will play him all the way through, even in the final. It would be pretty harsh not to at this point.

MullerUtd

Unfair as it would be on Romero, surely you have to play DDG if winning the Europa Cup Final is our only route into CL?

BTW I agree he is becoming a cult hero and I like him alot
I would play him in a penalty shoot-out over David De Gea. He seems to have that x-factor and craziness to excel in an intense cup competition penalty shoot-out. David De Gea penalty record is pretty appalling as well. Hope Mourinho does a LVG and subs David off for Sergio in extra-time just before the penalty-shoot out.

Quizierda

Once again great job!
Was there when needed like in most of his games (8 clean sheets out of 11 is very good).

Still can't understand why he is happy to be second choince behind DDG (quite the same with Begovic behind Curtois), however, I hope we can keep him and he stays happy and professional. One of the best second choice keepers we have ever had.

King.of.Red

hopefully he never want to leave United. please be the legend in United as our best 2nd GK. :D
after doing all those saves against Rostov, he was always so calm. love him as United player.

luke511

He was excellent in that last game, but surely you have to play DDG in the final? Imagine how blagged he'll be if we win it and he hasn't played a game..

Status
Not open for further replies.