So...what could Van Troll's Surprise be!? | LVG: "not a striker - it's something else"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin
Lavezzi maybe? Just as a stop gap for a season or two?

Icardi and Griezmann are the only others I can think of that the press hasn't been all over yet.

Paul the Wolf

Score Predictions Competition Organiser
France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
If it is someone unexpected that we haven't been linked with that much , then hopefully that will kill the Cavani rumours, Hooray!!

I still have a feeling that LVG fancies Kane and that it might take until the end of the window to get him
Otherwise it could be Ronaldo
Would prefer Müeller but seems even more unlikely

Ish

Lights on for Luke
As a wide he'd be very good if we keep who we have.

But I can't see him working as a striker in the premier league. Would be a waste.
Yeah, just stirring some shit to make the muppets panic ;)

Almost quoted your Mullet (at 70m pounds) post yesterday. Surprise, surprise....agree with what you said there. But I figured you already knew that, so didn't bother quoting it ;)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Yeah, just stirring some shit to make the muppets panic ;)

Almost quoted your Mullet (at 70m pounds) post yesterday. Surprise, surprise....agree with what you said there. But I figured you already knew that, so didn't bother quoting it ;)
:lol: let me face the wrath alone eh?

Nedved

Ibra would be perfect for you forseveral reasons:

- the shock factor of LvG signing him considering their history
- getting to see him play in one of the top leagues again
- you would win the league

m1y2

Emil is that you?

Some other names which come to mind: Zlatan, Džeko, Griezzman

I wouldn't mind someone like Henrique Larson either
Klose?

Dante

Average bang
It'll be Berahino, I reckon. Good passer, young, consistent finisher, quick, strong, Premier League proven, versatile, happy to rotate with Rooney...

And I don't think LvG was being literal when he said that the striker 'hasn't been written about'. What he really meant was that the player's representatives haven't leaked the story. It could still easily be someone like Kane, but I've got a feeling that Berahino is more the manager's profile.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Pedro's been written about a fair bit, so I don't think LVG is referring to him...

Unfortunately I think Pedro is here to replace ADM, so yeah, I'm also going to throw Ibra into the ring. Although there isn't much love lost between Ibra and LVG.
All we need is LvG and a menopausal Ibra.:eek::nervous:

Smores

Annoyingly it's crept into my head that it's Ronaldo and now i'm going to be disappointed at anything else

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
I have a feeling it's going to be an unknown African.

Lentwood

Kane would make sense, especially with the quote hinting that it could happen right at the end of the window. Everybody knows that is Levy's favourite trick to ensure they get maximum cash

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Not sure who it'll be, but the fact that LVG says it'll be a surprise makes me think it's not some random unknown prospect. Why would he say he's working on a surprise striker, getting the supporters hopes up that'll it be someone big, only for it to turn out to be some random youngster who's one for the future, or some backup striker that won't really be used much? Not much of a surprise that is it?

Unless it's one of those crap surprises that no one will really care about? Lets wait and see...

ChrisNelson

Kane would make sense, especially with the quote hinting that it could happen right at the end of the window. Everybody knows that is Levy's favourite trick to ensure they get maximum cash
LvG was quite specific in mentioning it was someone we'd not been linked with thus far. Kane to United has been quite a popular story so far this summer so I think it's unlikely he is being referred to here. Could be a cracking bluff though!

Cathy Ferguson

It can't be Pedro, I'm pretty sure that LvG considers him to be a winger. I hope that we sign him anyway, would be great at 22-25m.

Zlatan would be a surprise.

Kane and Cavani have both been mentioned.

So probably a young and not so familiar name. Icardi?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Sure ... Spurs are going to maximise their team/squad potential for the coming season by waiting until the window is about to snap shut and then selling their star striker.

Gerald G

I don't think LVG meant it's a player that hasn't been linked with us it sounded just like he was talking about someone that was linked with us right now in the media.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think Ryan Giggs would love to work with Icardi wife

Lentwood

Sure ... Spurs are going to maximise their team/squad potential for the coming season by waiting until the window is about to snap shut and then selling their star striker.
Yes. Like he has done with the last 3 half decent players Spurs have sold

Modric to Real on the 28th August
Berbatov to United on the 1st September (Deadline Day)
Bale to Real again on the 1st September

Got to remember blokes like Levy see the game in pounds and pennies. If he thinks he can bag an extra £5m by waiting until the end of the window he will

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Yes. Like he has done with the last 3 half decent players Spurs have sold

Modric to Real on the 28th August
Berbatov to United on the 1st September (Deadline Day)
Bale to Real again on the 1st September

Got to remember blokes like Levy see the game in pounds and pennies. If he thinks he can bag an extra £5m by waiting until the end of the window he will
All of those players were kicking up a big fuss about wanting to leave, but that isn't the case with Kane.

The fantasies that some of you entertain are wonderful to behold ...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I told you all it's Obbi Oulare

Sparky Rhiwabon

With LVG also saying now "The transfer period is open until the 1 September so we have to wait" makes me think that this will not happen until Adidas have taken over on 1 Aug - i.e. could be someone massive!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
With Van Gaal's pretty obvious disdain for the media, he said one journalist was constantly writing 'rubbish' at the Club America pre-game presser, would anyone be surprised if there was no secret striker? I do not think its beyond Van Gaal to send the media on a wild goose chase. I would not be shocked if August ends without us buying a new centre forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.