So...what could Van Troll's Surprise be!? | LVG: "not a striker - it's something else"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBBQ

I wouldn't mind signing him. Certainly not for that price. He's a very good player.
£17 million for a player of his age and pedigree really isn't a huge amount. think it would be a clever bit of business

walsh

Van Gaal says it's not who the media are writing about so everyone here unanimously decides it's Pedro, the guy everyone in the media has been writing about.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
It's obviously Ronaldo. Van Gaal wants to troll Rooney after he declared he's going to score over 20 goals as our main striker, so the only obvious solution would be to sign him and make Rooney his sidekick again :drool:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
It's obviously Ronaldo. Van Gaal wants to troll Rooney after he declared he's going to score over 20 goals as our main striker, so the only obvious solution would be to sign him and make Rooney his sidekick again :drool:
The funny thing is, I reckon Rooney would love it as much as us.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I think that Van Gaal is only buying time saying that there's a surprise one etc. I think that he has a list of potential signings but the process could be very long especially because, IMO, the striker chased are top top top forward, and unless one of them ask to leave in late August we won't have them.

I'm pretty sure that he's looking after Benzema and Cavani. With Madrid and De gea love story, (Or Di Maria and PSG), and Ramos off target, he might push until August De Gea transfer in order to see if all the comments from Madrid are right and then ask a swap.

More opportunistic choice than a real target

Ixion

Ronaldo won't go anywhere till he is Real's all time leading goal scorer, too much of an ego. He's only 10 goals behind though so he could do that in the first few games of the season before the window closes I suppose :p

Deleted member 78215

Pedro's been written about a fair bit, so I don't think LVG is referring to him...

Unfortunately I think Pedro is here to replace ADM, so yeah, I'm also going to throw Ibra into the ring. Although there isn't much love lost between Ibra and LVG.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Pedro's been written about a fair bit, so I don't think LVG is referring to him...

Unfortunately I think Pedro is here to replace ADM, so yeah, I'm also going to throw Ibra into the ring. Although there isn't much love lost between Ibra and LVG.
There's absolutely no chance of signing Ibra because of the relationship between him and LVG.

Anduin

I'd love it to be Zlatan for a couple of seasons, but LVG and him don't get along since Zlatan's Ajax days and Zlatan said himself that he was never really attracted to playing in the Premier League.

I doubt it's a striker from an Italian club as Di Marzio would be all over it, there is no one realistically for us to purchase in England, which leaves Spain and Germany (+ Cavani). Vietto/Jackson/Bacca have already moved, I doubt Atleti want to move on Griezmann just yet, and other strikers outside the obvious ones at Barca and Real are barely worth a mention. Müller is a no-go as Bayern won't sell, same goes for Lewandowski. Dortmund have already said that Aubameyang is not for sale, and Lacazette is staying put to not harm his chances for next year's EURO.

The only options IMO would be Benzema (if Rafa is stupid enough to not rate him) or Ronaldo. Both are extremely unlikely to get though.

Kaos

I'd love it to be Zlatan for a couple of seasons, but LVG and him don't get along since Zlatan's Ajax days and Zlatan said himself that he was never really attracted to playing in the Premier League.

I doubt it's a striker from an Italian club as Di Marzio would be all over it, there is no one realistically for us to purchase in England, which leaves Spain and Germany (+ Cavani). Vietto/Jackson/Bacca have already moved, I doubt Atleti want to move on Griezmann just yet, and other strikers outside the obvious ones at Barca and Real are barely worth a mention. Müller is a no-go as Bayern won't sell, same goes for Lewandowski. Dortmund have already said that Aubameyang is not for sale, and Lacazette is staying put to not harm his chances for next year's EURO.

The only options IMO would be Benzema (if Rafa is stupid enough to not rate him) or Ronaldo. Both are extremely unlikely to get though.
A lot of assumptions there. For starters just because clubs claim they won't sell a player, doesn't mean a player won't be sold.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It truly is a mystery as he's ruled out the usual suspects mentioned in the media e.g Lacazette, Cavani, Benzema etc. We need to think of the players we haven't been strongly linked with Muller? Higuain?

Keyser

It truly is a mystery as he's ruled out the usual suspects mentioned in the media e.g Lacazette, Cavani, Benzema etc. We need to think of the players we haven't been strongly linked with Muller? Higuain?
I assumed Lacazzette purely because we havent been linked with him in the media that I have seen

(and I really want him)

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
You have to get into the mindset of Ronaldo. This is a guy, who has shown disgust when others have scored but him. I think it would be the perfect insult by him to leave without breaking the record. It's not like he wouldn't break it within 10 games of next season. Is it that important to him? Everyone knows he will or would break it. Van Gaal is impossible to predict. He seemed to open up about Ramos and seems happy for that rumor but it could still be Pedro. He's a smart guy.

I think he will want someone established. Let's not forget, the club want to be challenging again now. We have plenty of youth in the team. It could be anyone

Anduin

A lot of assumptions there. For starters just because clubs claim they won't sell a player, doesn't mean a player won't be sold.
Yeah, it's the transfer forum ;) Seriously, of course there are plenty of assumptions, but most of them for good reasons:

Müller: Rummennige stated in public that Müller won't be sold after Schweinsteiger went to us. The supporters are going to lynch the board if they do that.
Griezmann: Why would Atleti and Simeone sell? He just had his best season of his career, is only there for a year and they've strenghtened considerably to give it another crack at La Liga. I think he'll be getable next year. He also wants to start at the home EURO next year, no point in risking your place by going somehwere else and facing competition/the bench
Lewandowski: Bayern's only real striker, no way they sell him. Lewa's agent is a wanker, I wouldn't pay attention to what he says. If he could be sold for £35m as claimed all top clubs would be all over him
Aubameyang: Again, Dortmund's only real striker, they've got no one else with his quality. No release clause either
Lacazette: See Griezmann

Deleted member 78215

There's absolutely no chance of signing Ibra because of the relationship between him and LVG.
That occurred to me, but there appears to be a bit an ouroboros transfer cycle between ourselves and PSG at the moment.

It probably won't happen, but I can't think of another "unwritten" striker, certainly not a good one.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I'm not sure why people think it's one of Lewandowski/ Bale/ Benzema/ Kane/ Muller, it is not. The press have heavily speculated and linked each of the 3 to us. When he said it's not who the press believe, I don't think it's someone that's never been linked, but moreover someone who isn't considered likely perhaps, or hasn't been linked as much. On that basis, I can only think of Ronaldo/ Ibra/ Reus/ Robben perhaps?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Pedro. LvG using reverse psychology to throw off the muppets!
As a wide he'd be very good if we keep who we have.

But I can't see him working as a striker in the premier league. Would be a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.