So...what could Van Troll's Surprise be!? | LVG: "not a striker - it's something else"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
So with LvG saying a surprise striker, and Paddy Crerand saying we'll get a shock in the next week to ten days, I can't help but think it's a big name.

Raptori

Special needs
The way they're hinting about it reminds me of when we signed Falcao... :nervous:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I wont be surprised if he's Saido Beharino

Summit

I was referring to things like "watch this space" and "we can do things in the market that other clubs can only dream of". :p
I think that was more aimed at Di Maria really. Anyone could have loaned Falcao.

Stretford Red1978

I have no bloody idea who this striker is!! Particularly when LVG has stated that it's not the ones we have been linked with in the papers!! :houllier:

Summit

You can say that again...

EDIT: Bastard, you deleted. :lol:

Raptori

Special needs
I think that was more aimed at Di Maria really. Anyone could have loaned Falcao.
I guess. Did the ADM deal leak at all? I can't remember... If not then that's a good parallel too. ;)

Dr Baltar

PSG want Di Maria, reports stated yesterday that Cavani has been promised a starting striker role at PSG = Ibrahimovic.
That's what I think (hope) too. Maybe Schmeichel is Woody's right hand man. Posted that Schweinsteiger photo a few months ago & also spoke about Zlatan being perfect for us towards the end of the season.

Summit

That's what I think (hope) too. Maybe Schmeichel is Woody's right hand man. Posted that Schweinsteiger photo a few months ago & also spoke about Zlatan being perfect for us towards the end of the season.
And a Muller one too. :drool:

STE586

There's a few not been mentioned. From the practical to the ridiculous - Suarez, Lakuku, Costa.

Hostekule

Following Jonas Giævers recent twitter comments it seems likely Pedro will be the surprise.

Cmz'

Following Jonas Giævers recent twitter comments it seems likely Pedro will be the surprise.
He wouldn't be a surprise though because he's been spoken about in every paper. I'd guess it would be Di Maria out and Pedro + 'surprise striker' in.

GBBQ

Wont be Zlatan. if the age thing isn't a show stopper then the fact that him and LVG don't get along surely is.

As has been said its gonna have to be someone who can play as part of a front 3 (central and right side most likely). I think Bale fits bill nicely but the whole DDG incident probably means we wont get any players from Madrid.

ottosec

Don't think it would be anyone good, unless we are looking to play with 2 strikers more often than not. No top player will come here to be backup.

Hostekule

I wouldn't mind signing him. Certainly not for that price. He's a very good player.

ottosec

Pedro is all over the papers and LVG said that the papers are not on it.

Infra-red

It'll be Pedro and I expect that's United done for the summer unless an unlikely Ramos-De Gea deal occurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.