So...what could Van Troll's Surprise be!? | LVG: "not a striker - it's something else"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I have a sneaky feeling the 'surprise' will be Depay playing through the middle rather than wide.

TheLoveless

I've read places that it's £75m, but that doesn't sound right, other places say €1b, which could be true, Ronaldos is €1.5b
It would be strange business if it was not significantly higher than what they bought him for if he is still not past his prime and specifically if he has not yet renewed the first contract.

RedStarUnited

Balague said it was a billion last year. Bale isnt coming here for less than 100m I dont think. And ive yet to see why people think Van Gaal would be keen on him anyway.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
It would be strange business if it was not significantly higher than what they bought him for if he is still not past his prime and specifically if he has not yet renewed the first contract.
That's why I said it doesn't sound right, even the strong pound/weak euro couldn't account for that kind of price.

prath92

Wouldn't surprise me if we suddenly buy lacazette or someone. Darmian was the dream on here and people were upset we aren't linked to him and we let him goto bayern while we wait around Alves and clyne. But we bought him out of the blue it would seem. Hoping for a similar situation with lacazette too.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Pedro at 22m may be a temptation United wouldn't be able to refuse engaging in. He seems a hard working talented guy, whose pretty versatile and with quite an eye for goal. Pedro on the right, Depay on the left and Rooney upfront will provide goals. Regarding the forward line than I am afraid that it depends on who wants ADM the most. If Bayern than United may push for Lewandowski. If PSG than we would try to get Cavani.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I do think a surprise means a new signing but I doubt he means an actual "surprise" (as in a muppet signing/someone we haven't been linked to). Maybe the fact that we're signing another player is enough of a surprise.

Ixion

I think Ramos is the only potential muppet signing left, if we do get a striker it won't be a huge name, just someone for the bench to bring on as a sub and be backup for Rooney. A big name won't do that.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Break the bank for this guy.
Would love him, in my mind i recall LVG making a comment about Chelsea's or the leagues physicality and we couldn't compete in that regard. Now all his signings this year are guys that don't get messed around and can win battles (Depay to a lesser extent) but Lewandowski would certainly be another that fits this mould and alongside a centre back would make us serious contenders at home and abroad.

steeeb

I have a sneaky feeling the 'surprise' will be Depay playing through the middle rather than wide.
I agree. In the press conference LVG said don't reveal too much when Depay was asked where he can see himself playing. I got the impression from that he'd be a striker.

Someone

Something
So it's someone the media hasn't written about.

It's hard to guess now since we've been linked pretty much with everyone.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Could be this:

Striker
Rooney
Depay
Hernandez
Wilson

Left Wing Forward
Depay
Young
Pereira

Right Wing Forward
Mata
Di Maria
Januzaj

Attacking Midfield
Herrera
Di Maria
Mata
Felliani
Rooney
Januzaj
Pereira

Listar

Someone needs to get info on which newspaper van gaal reads. Then we can proceed on our elimination method game. This will be the most exciting event since the "tracking german planes" activity.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Someone needs to get info on which newspaper van gaal reads. Then we can proceed on our elimination method game. This will be as exciting since the "tracking german planes" activity.
Who did he point at in the press conference and say "You write lies"? Was it Jackson of the Guardian?

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
One of the Argie papers said we were interested in some guy named Lionel the other day. Anyone heard of him?

:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.