Spurs 2022-2023 thread | Bentancur out for the rest of the season

If their new manager, whoever that is and whether he’s in place before the season starts, doesn’t play with wingbacks, they basically need to either play CBs as fullbacks or sign a couple of fullbacks on each side.

Porro, Perišić, Sessegnon, Udogie either can’t or haven’t played in a back four. Emerson might be able to do that.

That combined with the need to sign a couple of CBs, a creative midfielder, new starting keeper and possibly a replacement for Kane, it’ll be interesting.

Especially with Levy probably being in charge of both transfers and the manager hunt and him being the stingy cnut he is.

They’ve got a lot of players coming back from loan that they need to get rid of. Levy doesn’t sell under the market value so they might be stuck with the same shit for the foreseeable future.

They're going to have a new caretaker before we play them, aren't they?! For fecks sake :lol: always the way.
No idea - If it was me I'd dump Stellini and give it to Ryan Mason for the rest of the season. Either that or just let Levy be manager and go the whole hog.

Imagine a match between Chelsea and Spurs right now - everyone would be watching to figure out which club is worse

Why are people afraid of Mason being able to rally the troops when he's been there all season? Also he didn't really set the PL alight the last time he was in charge. I'll give him one thing. I've never seen anyone being more boring in pressers.

Oh and "Club update from Daniel" like you're a friend of anyone associated with the club. And "COYS" :lol:

Last edited:
Joke. Why does Chelsea and Tottenham compete who are worst led club this year? It doesn’t take a lot to go from here to relegation. It is so easy to fall apart but so hard to build something good.

“Daniel” doesn’t have any shame at all

:lol:

Staggering they left a Conte man in charge as if that could possibly work. If that fella had anything about him he should have been out of the door with his mate.

Do they have any first team coaching staff aside from Mason?

The mad thing is, they are so tied to 3 at the back - he'll pretty much have to play the same team...

The mad thing is, they are so tied to 3 at the back - he'll pretty much have to play the same team...

I'd love it if he went with a back four. Unfortunately it went so wrong yesterday that it's not going to happen.

If we get a win here there we will be well on way to a top four position. A defeat could put us under serious pressure though.

They have shite defensive line/defenders. What went wrong against Newcastle is trying a back 4. It was similar under Nuno Santo, and Mourinho. Can't build a back 4 with their pick of defenders, even now with all these new signings.

Why do pheck does the club release a statement from the chairman only using his given name? Is he Elvis or something.

Is Levy for real ? What's the point of this when the season is just ending?

They are a total and complete mess.

Why do pheck does the club release a statement from the chairman only using his given name? Is he Elvis or something.
Club update from your boy Danny.
Lampard must be sweating, he did not know you could get fired as a caretaker :nervous:

Is Levy for real ? What's the point of this when the season is just ending?

They are a total and complete mess.
I think the spanking against Newcastle brings on too much backlash and negative. Levy is trying to look busy doing something, now that Poch to Chelsea news is gaining coverage. While it's not clear whether new manager appointment for Spurs is going smoothly.

From same playbook as when we often see news about squad overhaul after a deflating result.

Last edited:
Did anyone see the irony in Daniel's statement?

Ultimately, the responsibility is his....next sentence, the manager has been relieved of his duties. :wenger: