Spurs officially departed tonight

Dolf

Well, that was a short stay.

Have Spurs developed their own Boom Bust cycle?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Eh? The elite in Europe? For real?
Yes. Why not? They were marginally off beating the finalists of last season and convincingly performed in one leg against the Champions whilst outplaying said Champions on the reverse fixture.

Charles Miller

Spurs play good football, but as Mourinho said when we won the Europa, poetic football does not guarantee wins.

What spurs should have done once they scored was sat back and defended.
This is what Juventus did in the first leg when they were 2-0.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yes. Why not? They were marginally off beating the finalists of last season and convincingly performed in one leg against the Champions whilst outplaying said Champions on the reverse fixture.
So a few matches then?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So a few matches then?
Throughout this entire campaign, not just "a few matches". Sometimes I feel like some posters just wants to underrate any side that doesn't start with "M" and end in "anchester United".

Unsure why this match shows anything other than them belonging among the top sides in Europe. They dicked on Dortmund, twice. They matched Real and then outplayed them to win in the reverse fixture. Then they outplayed Juventus on their home turf and from a performance angle matched them at Wembley. 2 small mistakes in a period of what, 10 minutes ultimately cost them, but you point to virtually any other team in the cup as an opposition and barring Barcelona, you wouldn't expect it to be a one sided fixture over 180 mintues.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
They bottled it, but they got into a position where not going through counts as a bottle job and that’s no shame against Juve.

Ill be more comfortable with the pointing and laughing after united go through against Sevilla.

Nick7

When the draw was announced I think most people picked Juve to go through.
Most probably. I was one of the fools that thought Tottenham wouldn't mess it up. I was convinced a result in Turin and they were through.

Hell I posted at half time that they could score another two. Maybe it's a good thing I don't bet.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
They bottled it, but they got into a position where not going through counts as a bottle job and that’s no shame against Juve.

Ill be more comfortable with the pointing and laughing after united go through against Sevilla.
Yeah I have no idea why people are talking like we are already through to the QFs.

ElectroManiac

Throughout this entire campaign, not just "a few matches". Sometimes I feel like some posters just wants to underrate any side that doesn't start with "M" and end in "anchester United".

Unsure why this match shows anything other than them belonging among the top sides in Europe. They dicked on Dortmund, twice. They matched Real and then outplayed them to win in the reverse fixture. Then they outplayed Juventus on their home turf and from a performance angle matched them at Wembley. 2 small mistakes in a period of what, 10 minutes ultimately cost them, but you point to virtually any other team in the cup as an opposition and barring Barcelona, you wouldn't expect it to be a one sided fixture over 180 mintues.
I'm sorry but beating Real Madrid once doesn't mean you are on the elite. Espanyol beat Real Madrid a week ago does that mean they are on the elite now?

Are you putting Spurs in the same category as Barcelona, Bayern, Real Madrid?

What has Spur won to be on that level?

Only when they win league titles, champion league and trophies is where you can start considering them elites.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm sorry but beating Real Madrid once doesn't mean you are on the elite. Espanyol beat Real Madrid a week ago does that mean they are on the elite now?

Are you putting Spurs in the same category as Barcelona, Bayern, Real Madrid?

What has Spur won to be on that level?

I'm sorry but only when they win league titles, champion league and trophies is where you can start considering on the elites.
You do know I spoke of 5 other performances in my post, right?

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Don't think we can laugh much.

They play much much better football than us and we probably would've done worse than them against Juve.

Not trying to be negative but let's call a spade a spade, they play better football than us.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Awww, it's cute how people get defensive and up in arms when you laugh at the teens' choice club.

Hilariously enough, before even entering this thread I knew who'd be here talking the usual shit and it's not Spurs fan who are at it.

ElectroManiac

You do know I spoke of 5 other performances in my post, right?
So they beating Dormund (third on the Budenslisga), Real Madrid who are underperforming this year, and having a good game agains Juve at their home somehow translate a team can be on the elite now? What about winning trophies?

Look at Spurs out on the round of 16 of the Champion League and 4th on the Premier are now on the same category as Barcelona. :rolleyes:

Jean claude van hire

I think a lot of credit has to go to Juve for their resilience. So composed once they got in front, I honestly couldn't imagine United seeing the game out in that fashion. Excellent 'game management' according to Rio & Gerrard and I have to agree.

Nick7

Don't think we can laugh much.

They play much much better football than us and we probably would've done worse than them against Juve.

Not trying to be negative but let's call a spade a spade, they play better football than us.
That's for naught if they don't win.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So they beating Dormund (third on the Budenslisga), Real Madrid who are underperforming this year, and having a good game agains Juve at their home somehow translate a team can be on the elite now? What about winning trophies?

Look at Spurs out on the round of 16 of the Champion League and 4th on the Premier are now on the same category as Barcelona. :rolleyes:
I don't give a shit about how much silverware they've won up to this campaign. They've played great football and were one of the best sides to watch this season. I didn't say they are the best side in Europe or one of the biggest clubs with shit loads of history, did I? I'm unsure about why previous seasons mean feck all about where they are at present in comparison to the big sides.

Reals Champions League form is separate to their domestic form. That much was obvious from the first fixture.

Saying a club belongs among the elite clubs mixing it up for the grandest prize just after they show a convincing 180 mins vs. the Champions and the Finalists of last year is not outlandish at all.

arthurka

Nail........Head.

Nick7

We are struggling against the mighty Seville after splashing near a billion pounds. They spend almost nothing and play better than us. We can't laugh.
They're out of the Champions League after being in a dream position and we currently aren't.