Spurs officially departed tonight

LFCKop

Supports
Liverpool
As a Liverpool fan it pains me to say that Spurs team is playing much better football compared to us. Their midfield is in supreme form. In fact I was more worried before our game against spurs than city.
If they keep their core players next season and Kane overcome his August goal phobia, they would be in much stronger position to challenge for top spot.

Andersons Dietician

The good thing is we have those two games at home. I can see us getting six points out of those games. As I said, form can turn real quick as we have already seen this season. So all this waxing lyrical about Spurs should wait at least till they are still 5th.
I think we’ll beat Chelsea or at least draw , not sure about Liverpool. They are just one of those teams that I think might run over us. They do better against the big teams than the small.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Absolutely hated watching Spurs take the game to one of the heavyweights of Europe in their own backyard. The crisp, quick and decisive passing, composed first touches, smart turns under pressure. I'm envious of the football they play.

Now, I'm sure someone is going to mention their league position and trophy haul in the past few seasons compared to ours, but that's not the point. Even though we have won a cup and Europa and are second in the league, it does not take an expert to see that Spurs are on the right track in terms of their style of play, as opposed to us who look directionless and panic when we have the ball.
I am going to bring up league position, are Spurs second? Now dont get me wrong they are playing great football, and ive watched a lot of their games this season(as well as Burnley). And I think directionless is a tad harsh, Mou has a game plan, not everyone may agree with said game plan but we are in second, Spurs are fifth.

As a Liverpool fan it pains me to say that Spurs team is playing much better football compared to us. Their midfield is in supreme form. In fact I was more worried before our game against spurs than city.
Liverpool are quite capable of doing over Spurs, the brilliance about the top teams is anyone on their day, can best anyone.

kthanksbye

I am going to bring up league position, are Spurs second? Now dont get me wrong they are playing great football, and ive watched a lot of their games this season(as well as Burnley). And I think directionless is a tad harsh, Mou has a game plan, not everyone may agree with said game plan but we are in second, Spurs are fifth.
Forget Spurs then, you think we can remain second, let alone push for the title if we do not improve in attack. Directionless may be a tad over the top, but our attack does look labored and our players need that extra second or two, or an extra touch or to before moving the ball. Surely, that has to be improved on?

PepsiCola

I'm jealous of Spurs.

Never thought I'd say it. Away to Madrid and Juve, taking the game to Europe's top sides.

Mourinho would never even consider such an idea. Negative 0-0, maybe try and chase a goal away. 1-0 at home.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Some are going slightly overboard. A draw away at Juve is good but they're still 5th in the league and the tie is far from over.

If they keep their core players next season and Kane overcome his August goal phobia, they would be in much stronger position to challenge for top spot.
We've just won 5-0 away in Europe, in case you didn't get the memo.

LFCKop

Supports
Liverpool
Some are going slightly overboard. A draw away at Juve is good but they're still 5th in the league and the tie is far from over.

We've just won 5-0 away in Europe, in case you didn't get the memo.
Looking at how they've performed against us, Arsenal, United and Juventus, there's valid reason for going overboard. The point difference between 2nd and 5th spot is so small, we might see lots of changes in coming weeks.

Yes, we won 5-0 away. I am very happy about it and long may it continue. However, that doesn't mean our overall game was fluid especially in midfield area. Maybe I am expecting too much but if you compare it with Spurs midfield display against Juventus maybe you'll know.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'm jealous of Spurs.

Never thought I'd say it. Away to Madrid and Juve, taking the game to Europe's top sides.

Mourinho would never even consider such an idea. Negative 0-0, maybe try and chase a goal away. 1-0 at home.
Yeah it's a shame that his approach has never succeeded in the Champions League.

NK86

I think we’ll beat Chelsea or at least draw , not sure about Liverpool. They are just one of those teams that I think might run over us. They do better against the big teams than the small.
I think we will outwit Pool at home.

PepsiCola

Yeah it's a shame that his approach has never succeeded in the Champions League.
Football evolves.

It's not the same game it was in 2009-2010.

Rafa won a CL in 2005, his approach with Newcastle would be brilliant in the CL.

Edit - Didn't realise the gap between ourselves and Spurs was closed to 4 points. Be interesting to see how the season ends.

Coxy

Football evolves.

It's not the same game it was in 2009-2010.

Rafa won a CL in 2005, his approach with Newcastle would be brilliant in the CL.

Edit - Didn't realise the gap between ourselves and Spurs was closed to 4 points. Be interesting to see how the season ends.
This. I love watching Liverpool and City attack. Very fluid nice stuff. Really hoping Sanchez can shake stuff up for us. I'm really jealous of the Liverpool front 3. More mobile and exciting than us

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yeah I won't be surprised if they lose at home and the Cafe Spurs love-in will slightly tone down.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Horrible performance. Especially disappointed with the middle of the midfield (Winks/Wanyama).

Or maybe Kane wants replays to get a chance to score more?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
We should have known that Spurs would find a way to bottle it.

saivet

Well fair to say they bottled that. They were the better team over two legs but didn't take their chances and gave away sloppy goals.

Kapardin

Well fair to say they bottled that. They were the better team over two legs but didn't take their chances and gave away sloppy goals.
Can add the "better team than Juve over two legs" to "putting the pressure on", "finishing above Arsenal" and "playing better football than Mourinho" trophies.

I don't want Poch near our club until he learns to win a trophy.

Greek9

Supports
Panathinaikos
BACK to your cage! 'wish we played the way spurs play' well get wrecked now.