Spurs officially departed tonight

untitled_6899

They’ll probably get a result against City and mess everything up

They really are a bit pointless at times

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Really impressed with Moura, Vertonghen and Sissoko (despite the miss). They have enough in their engine to finish top four if they focus on it.

Must drop Sanchez though, and abandon that 3 at the back experiment.

nycender

These are amongst the the most pointless clubs in world football. Not sure what purpose they serve? And their fans think of themselves amongst the real big clubs :houllier:

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Where does this “bottling” come from? With me being not a native speaker, I’ve only come across this termin in such a meaning a few years ago. I always knew the likes of “fecked up”, “wasted a chance” and a few others, but...
It's the refuge of the mentally clichéed.

The premise is that whoever doesn't finish 1st didn't lose to a better team but threw it away due to lacking mental fortitude.

Unless you are as far behind as united were last season, then you're just outclassed. But the closer you are to your rival the more it is your lack of 'bottle' that it is all about.

Green_Red

600m of debt added. If they don’t make the champions league for next season, plus they won’t have any money to spend, they are going to facing some barren years.

so nothing will change for them, is that what you mean?

Alemar

The premise is that whoever doesn't finish 1st didn't lose to a better team but threw it away due to lacking mental fortitude.

Unless you are as far behind as united were last season, then you're just outclassed. But the closer you are to your rival the more it is your lack of 'bottle' that it is all about.
Many thanks, now it’s certainly clearer :)

djembatheking

I think it is more about being comfortably 3rd and supposedly in the title race to capitulating and suddenly as likely to finish 6th as 3rd that is bottling it or being 7, 8, 9, or whatever points clear then ending up losing out like we have done in the past .

predator

Youth NITK
Tbf to spurs Son and Kane are big big misses and Ajax have proven this season that they are not messing around. A 1-0 loss in a first leg is not the end of the world.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Could have been worse. Showed something in the last 25 mins or so, damn sight better than us on Sunday.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Still 90 mins to go. They have departed yet....

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I find it hilarious that people like to poke fun at Spurs. What they've been doing is nothing short of phenomenal and they have 90 minutes to turn an open tie around to reach the Champions League final.

Even if they didn't, its a fecking great season all things considered.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I find it hilarious that people like to poke fun at Spurs. What they've been doing is nothing short of phenomenal and they have 90 minutes to turn an open tie around to reach the Champions League final.

Even if they didn't, its a fecking great season all things considered.
People just getting defensive and butthurt.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
At least we won't wake up to loads of threads bashing Ole and saying Poch and all their players are legends, and blah blah

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I think they played well tonight, but as we all hate Liverpool, everyone is going to say they 'bottled it'. They don't have the player quality Liverpool have and that showed.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Meh. Lost to a better team, even if they didn't play like it for large chunks of the game.

I blame Barcelona more so.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Commentary keep going on about how out of character this game is for both teams.

I get that with Liverpool but this is basically how Spurs have played all season. They had no business being near a CL final in the first place.

Ban

Hadn’t played a game in however long. Was the biggest mistake starting him. Would have been better bringing him on, he’s have probably come on more up for it chasing a goal
Yeah, definitely a mistake by Poch.