Spurs officially departed tonight

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
600m of debt added. If they don’t make the champions league for next season, plus they won’t have any money to spend, they are going to facing some barren years.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Bottling pricks. Every year they bottle it. Hope they don't get top 4 now the useless fecks.

Ban GlastonSpur plz.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Just knew when they missed those chances at the end that liverpool would score.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think their current position is roughly an accurate reflection of the quality of their squad. They're just not that good a side and should be fighting to make top four with the rest of us.

Which is the issue I always had with the idea that they had "bottled" a title challenge this year. In reality they never belonged in that discussion so it was a false premise to begin with. Rather a period of them overperforming saw them temporarily get closer to the better teams before they inevitably regressed.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Im sorry but this happens way to often with spurs. The word “bottlers” is forever associated with this club and rightfully so.

Alemar

Where does this “bottling” come from? With me being not a native speaker, I’ve only come across this termin in such a meaning a few years ago. I always knew the likes of “fecked up”, “wasted a chance” and a few others, but...

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Where does this “bottling” come from? With me being not a native speaker, I’ve only come across this termin in such a meaning a few years ago. I always knew the likes of “fecked up”, “wasted a chance” and a few others, but...
To bottle something means to sort of throw it away when you are in a good position due to lack of mentality.

Castia

They play City 3 times in the coming weeks as well, it could get pretty ugly for Spurs.

Djemba-Djemba

They play City 3 times in the coming weeks as well, it could get pretty ugly for Spurs.

Looking at their other PL fixtures they don't have it too bad to be fair but bad run of form and a stadium move with the pressure of finishing top 4 could be immense.
They lost away to Burnley and Southampton in the league too recently though. Plus Palace in the cup.

Moving into their new stadium might annoyingly give them the boost they need though.

extincti fugax hominum

I hope they play Europa League next year along with Chelsea. They don’t deserve anything with this kind of loser mentality. Arsenal have not been exactly winners in the last decade either but I still prefer them to these bottlers to be in the Champions League.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
They lost away to Burnley and Southampton in the league too recently though. Plus Palace in the cup.

Moving into their new stadium might annoyingly give them the boost they need though.
Or it could add increased pressure on them to perform

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Something that breaks under pressure, I assume.

Kostur

海尔的老板
The most Spurs-esque performance you could fecking imagine. From being 2v1 and fecking it up instead of winning to scoring an idiotic OG. Good job you bottling cnuts.

Gopher Brown

Bottle and glass = arse. Something about shitting yourself under pressure?

Treble

Thought they were excellent for most of the game and deserved to get a result. Liverpool were the better team only for 20-25 minutes in the first half.

Melville Red

Levy must be shitting it now.
A new stadium, how much in debt £600 million? If they finish outside of the top four even if they could afford a few top signings this summer no one would want to go there. In fact new stadium or not, a few might be leaving just to help pay for the new white elephant, sorry stadium that they won’t be able to fill.
Oh I am bloody loving this.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bottling your feelings. Basically containing things inside yourself and not being able to express your feelings at key moments so translate it to a sports team...

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I love laughing about Spurs bottling skills as much as they next guy, they were unlucky today though and were the better team.

You will never win anything with players like Danny Rose and Sissoko playing for you though. I've been saying for a while they need an upgrade on Lloris too.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Bottle and glass = arse. Something about shitting yourself under pressure?
Pretty close.

Bottle and glass is cockney rhyming slang for arse.

So when someone was scared/mentally worried they lost their arse (literally) and that became lost their bottle = bottled it.

Gotta love the English language?

Irrational.

Liverpool 2-1 Spurs FT 18:23
Glaston last seen online 18:23

No doubt he has a flight to catch until their next decent result/ stadium unveiling.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Spurs really need to put everything into those three City games now. I would argue the league game is far more important than the other two. Spurs must keep their eyes on the prize with almost zero midfielders available.

Getting through the CL only means more games against Juve and potentially Barca in the final and they are definitely not beating them at this fatigued end of the season. Doesn't mean they should surrender but priorities must be set.

Trizy

City are gonna best them 3/3 of their upcoming meetings. I wouldn't be surprise if it was by a 10+ goal difference too.

crossy1686

career ending
Pretty close.

Bottle and glass is cockney rhyming slang for arse.

So when someone was scared/mentally worried they lost their arse (literally) and that became lost their bottle = bottled it.

Gotta love the English language?
This.

It has nothing to do with the literally bottling of anything.

Back in the days, 19th century to be exact, the tough gangster folk of London would refer to one's arse as a term of one's mettle. For example, if you had the arse to do something, you were brave or had nerve, if someone didn't have the nerve to do something they would have lost their arse or didn't have the arse in the first place. We refer to this as 'guts' further North, which we're all more familiar with.

Like most things, this became subject to Cockney Rhyming slang: bottle and glass => arse. "You don't have the bottle and glass" => "You don't have the bottle" => "You have lost your bottle" => "You bottled it"

Don't bother learning English kids, it's fecked up.

Hughie77

They were much better than the bindippers, could not get that 2nd goal, and calamity own goal, felt a bit sorry for them, now it's good for us, but the bindippers dropping points would have made my day, pool looked lacklustre pondourous, I think there going to bottle it unless they get the same fortune as today. Poch is off I reckon end of season. Gunners drop points tomorrow even better, Chelsea had there good fortune as well.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's a phrase used by people who have a unique insight into the mental fortitude and capabilities of football players (from their couch of course).