Spurs officially departed tonight

redshaw

Ouch. Have the players "downed tools"? Didnt see the game but looks bad.
Didn't down tools. Spurs looked very good for about 30 mins, could've had two or three goals, they pressed Bayern back but then couldn't sustain it. Once Lewandowski made it 2-1 just before half time they collapsed and had some bad errors from their old defenders.

Last edited:

USREDEVIL

Didn't down tools. Spurs looked very good for about 30 mins, could've had two or three goals, they pressed Bayern back but then couldn't sustain it. Once Lewandowski made it 2-1 they collapsed and had some bad errors from their old defenders.
Thanks. I'm interested in Spurs only because of Poch, wondering what exactly is happening there.

Infra-red

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What’s Poch had to say about this?
He said Spurs played really well for 30 minutes, were unlucky to be behind at HT and that they conceded three goals in the last 10 minutes through some defensive sloppiness/Bayern being extremely clinical, resulting in a scoreline that didn't fairly reflect the game overall. He actually sounded surprisingly composed, I thought.

lysglimt

Scout
One thing is wanting OGS out - but anyone wanting Poch as our manager must be deranged.

Steve Bruce

A hard to explain meltdown similar to 15-16 Chelsea. Top3-6 might be shocking this year.
I think Chelsea have looked good this season, I think the lack of experience is what has cost them in games, even against us, the score wasn't a true reflection of the game. It could have been a lot different. If the big lad up front was more clinical against Liverpool, they could have got a win vs them as well. I think the top 2 will be a distance ahead of 3 but I think Chelsea will be their and they will be a good distance ahead of 4th IMO.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Let's be clinical here:

2018-19: trophyless; 4th in the PL with 13 defeats (!) thanks to Arse and ManUtd fecking up; two consecutive miracles in the UCL (including VAR and a once-in-a-lifetime unlikely hattrick) + awful/appalling UCL final performance.

^^Overall puts 19-20 into perspective.

lysglimt

Scout
To be fair, even very good managers can have very bad seasons. Tottenham's form has been rather poor for almost a year now, though.
Tottenham has been on a downward projectory for 2.5 years now.

Canuckred64

The thing is the lost doesn't really hurt their chances of advancing in the Champions league, they should still finish ahead of the other two teams in the group. They have a couple of easy games in the premier coming up, one either side of the international break, they have a good chance to straighten things out before they play another tough game.

Mindhunter

The level of gloating in this thread is deplorable. Yes even I am deriving some satisfaction from the fact that Spurs aren’t doing that well but to take it this far is pointless, specially when our team isn’t pulling up any trees either.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Spurs are the most overrated team in Europe. The amount of stick United and Arsenal got for being so bad, United beat Chelsea and Leicester and Arsenal outplayed Spurs. Somehow they are seen as level above though

PyroMan

Ay, everything is fine at Tottenham isn't it, resident Spurs fans? :lol:

Eric7C

McSquished.

The level of gloating in this thread is deplorable. Yes even I am deriving some satisfaction from the fact that Spurs aren’t doing that well but to take it this far is pointless, specially when our team isn’t pulling up any trees either.
You see it's aimed at a couple of posters who dish it out but can't take it. They've all disappeared after a defeat as usual.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's not gloating, it's harmless fun. We'd be miserable bastards if we waited for Utd to be better than Spurs in order to laugh at them. That's just a sad way of looking at things

freeurmind

weak willed
The thing is the lost doesn't really hurt their chances of advancing in the Champions league, they should still finish ahead of the other two teams in the group. They have a couple of easy games in the premier coming up, one either side of the international break, they have a good chance to straighten things out before they play another tough game.
They'll be fine. This rocky start to the season will probably force Levy to get his checkbook out.

Melville Red

It's not gloating, it's harmless fun. We'd be miserable bastards if we waited for Utd to be better than Spurs in order to laugh at them. That's just a sad way of looking at things
Speak for yourself, I’ve never liked Spurs, they had graffiti outside their old ground for years referring to Munich 58.

So yes I did enjoy that result last night just to see the look on those supporters faces.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Outrageous luck to blag to the final last year. This is the payback year.

RoyH1

Natural order is restored. Spurs is a big club, no doubt about that, but with the investment they were putting into their team, they were punching above their weight for too long to compete against the uber clubs. It takes Gulf oil money to be able to sustain a prolongued assault on the likes of Bayern and Barsa

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Natural order is restored. Spurs is a big club, no doubt about that, but with the investment they were putting into their team, they were punching above their weight for too long to compete against the uber clubs. It takes Gulf oil money to be able to sustain a prolongued assault on the likes of Bayern and Barsa
If one trophy in 30 years makes a big club then there are a million big clubs around the world.

PyroMan

Apart from last season where they spent nothing, they've consistently spent a decent amount in the transfer market. 100m+ this summer and in 17/18. 80m+ the season before that.

I think their net spend will be comparable to Liverpool over the last few seasons.

RoyH1

If one trophy in 30 years makes a big club then there are a million big clubs around the world.
I was thinking more about their fanbase, stadium, London location, turnover. I make a distinction between big clubs and the über clubs.

Trophies are an iffy way to measure a clubs size. They are always relative to the competitions one plays in. Celtic or FC Copenhagen have won plenty of titles in the last decade but are clearly not a bigger club than Spurs. Or put another way, if we don't win anything but a FA Cup and a Europa League over the course of a decade, are we a small club? I think the answer is no.