Spurs officially departed tonight

redshaw

Well it's the world's best stadium, Dier just wanted see more of it. Probably doing a bit of bowling now with the fans, literally.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Their collapse was coming for a while IMO. Spurs really struggled last year but grinded out results all season and lucked their way to a CL final. Kane especially since his ankle issues started became half the player he was in his prime, last season was a huge step back from him (but he still got goals to cover his decline) and then this season of course he's been pretty mediocre even when fit. Now without him they have nothing up front. Son is their one top quality player IMO, without him they really aren't much. Hard to blame Mourinho, it's just been basically no change from Pochettino to him, they just need a pretty thorough rebuild/transition. Fergie did always say a team only lasts about 4 years before you need a bigger rebuild.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Their collapse was coming for a while IMO. Spurs really struggled last year but grinded out results all season and lucked their way to a CL final. Kane especially since his ankle issues started became half the player he was in his prime, last season was a huge step back from him (but he still got goals to cover his decline) and then this season of course he's been pretty mediocre even when fit. Now without him they have nothing up front. Son is their one top quality player IMO, without him they really aren't much. Hard to blame Mourinho, it's just been basically no change from Pochettino to him, they just need a pretty thorough rebuild/transition. Fergie did always say a team only lasts about 4 years before you need a bigger rebuild.
What is wrong with his ankles? Long term injury?

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Can see them getting past Leipzig strangely enough, pulling off a 1-2 result. Something I don't trust about Leipzig, don't think that 1-0 might be enough for them bit like Ajax thought it would be last season. But any further they've got no chance, won't be lucking through to the final again.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Can see them getting past Leipzig strangely enough, pulling off a 1-2 result. Something I don't trust about Leipzig, don't think that 1-0 might be enough for them bit like Ajax thought it would be last season. But any further they've got no chance, won't be lucking through to the final again.
I'll be shocked if we get a result in Germany. We are absolutely dreadful

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What is wrong with his ankles? Long term injury?
Ongoing ankle injuries for years, rushed back too soon in time for the 2018 world cup and never recovered fully leading to a massive decline since that one big injury he had.

gr3yham3

I didn't watch the game and I am glad that Spurs are out, but watching the highlight I am surprised that the referee did not ask any of the Spurs penalties to be retaken - Krul was miles off his line for all of them, similar to how he saved 2 pens against us previously. Why was the referee not informed about this before the game? If we beat Derby today, I don't want us to face another goalkeeping "masterclass" when he is obviously cheating.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Ongoing ankle injuries for years, rushed back too soon in time for the 2018 world cup and never recovered fully leading to a massive decline since that one big injury he had.
Massive decline for Spurs and getting better and better for England. The issue may not be Kane.

saivet

I didn't watch the game and I am glad that Spurs are out, but watching the highlight I am surprised that the referee did not ask any of the Spurs penalties to be retaken - Krul was miles off his line for all of them, similar to how he saved 2 pens against us previously. Why was the referee not informed about this before the game? If we beat Derby today, I don't want us to face another goalkeeping "masterclass" when he is obviously cheating.
Apparently in England GKs can be off their line as there is some leeway for penalty shootouts.

JoaquinJoaquin

Should make a good episode of the Amazon documentary series
The Amazon series are dubbed down and don't show the juicy stuff. The only thing we learned from City's was they like to listen to Enrique Iglesias in the changing room :D.

gr3yham3

Apparently in England GKs can be off their line as there is some leeway for penalty shootouts.
Sounds fun now, but wait till we are given a penalty against Norwich and Krul pulls off that nonsense again.

bazza3727

Sounds fun now, but wait till we are given a penalty against Norwich and Krul pulls off that nonsense again.
It looks to me as though Fernandes is too canny to fall for that shit. He'll probably wait until Krull has hit the deck before he slots it home!

Spaghetti

Mom's
International football is not a good judge (especially considering the opponents people play on average).
I know what you mean, but he was playing the same standard of opponents before and producing less. Furthermore, it’s the same opponents (his teammates and other “top players”) for everyone and they are not getting his numbers. Look at Sancho for example - he’s smashing it at Dortmund, but looks poor for England. Vardy seems much better in the PL than he does (did) for the national team.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I know what you mean, but he was playing the same standard of opponents before and producing less. Furthermore, it’s the same opponents (his teammates and other “top players”) for everyone and they are not getting his numbers. Look at Sancho for example - he’s smashing it at Dortmund, but looks poor for England. Vardy seems much better in the PL than he does (did) for the national team.
Unfortunately England has two problems: The quality lies with younger players who are still developing, and the misconception that Southgate is this tactical master.

Greck

"Now with Jose as our manager we can finally aspire to win things". Way to ignore lessons from recent history. Now have to rebuild with a manager who doesn't do rebuilds. They'll be in for Fellaini and Willian this summer