Suarez bites | "sorry for falling into him and biting him and that"

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
No way this will happen. There's no way the traveling fans will be left hung out to dry like that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see, erm, t-shirts.

The ban is absolutely fine/fair, but forcing his ejection from the Uruguay camp is, quite frankly, not within FIFAs remit. Forcing him to train privately but not with his club or team mates also is OTT.

Those two things are the ones that grate and somewhat add fuel to the victimisation fire. I have absolutely no idea how they will help Luis own up and not feed his poor me syndrome.
:rolleyes:

He is multi-millionaire. He can pay for his own treatment.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Not a chance an apology would do anything now, not after the way he and the Uruguayan officials handled it publicly.
I am mostly going on the impression that appealing harsh verdicts inevitbly seems to produce some sort of compromise when it comes to FIFA. They generally seem content enough with the signal value of the first verdict.

Happytom82

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Scenario: "Although we had an interest in the player, we as a club can not be associated with such values. We will not pursue Luis Suarez" - Real and barca.

Suarez would be destroyed. I can easily see that Luis Suarez just might hae destroyed his footballing future.

Zen

So a 14-19 game ban. Umm.....given friendlies and a max of 4 here(which obviously won't happen). 2 CL and 2 Cup games.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I am mostly going on the impression that appealing harsh verdicts inevitbly seems to produce some sort of compromise when it comes to FIFA. They generally seem content enough with the signal value of the first verdict.
Only in a small minority of cases.

Besides the Uruguayans are bound to come up with something really comical in the appeal and FIFA wont be impressed.

Last edited:

forevrared

Scenario: "Although we had an interest in the player, we as a club can not be associated with such values. We will not pursue Luis Suarez" - Real and barca.

Suarez would be destroyed. I can easily see that Luis Suarez just might hae destroyed his footballing future.
Liverpool will be delighted. They've shown time and again they'll sink to new lows for Suarez, so if this means keeping him, they'll be delighted to sacrifice 14 games (or whatever it is) if it means keeping him another couple of years.

Rafateria

I think that the Arse has 4th sewn up with this news! Time to celebrate.
WhoScored.com ‏@WhoScored 4s
Luis Suarez: Liverpool have won 47.7% of their 107 PL games with Suarez starting and 61.9% of the 21 without him since signing in 2011 #LFC

Happytom82

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Liverpool will be delighted. They've shown time and again they'll sink to new lows for Suarez, so if this means keeping him, they'll be delighted to sacrifice 14 games (or whatever it is) if it means keeping him another couple of years.
I'd actually be surprised if they didn't offload him tbh, or at least try. having said that, we all know he will be an a**hole again :D

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
This is terrible news. Any sane person can see Fifa have made a mistake with this ban.

Because with no football he's now free to spend the next four months stalking the streets late at night looking for prey. Stay safe people.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
No way this will happen. There's no way the traveling fans will be left hung out to dry like that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see, erm, t-shirts.

The ban is absolutely fine/fair, but forcing his ejection from the Uruguay camp is, quite frankly, not within FIFAs remit. Forcing him to train privately but not with his club or team mates also is OTT.

Those two things are the ones that grate and somewhat add fuel to the victimisation fire. I have absolutely no idea how they will help Luis own up and not feed his poor me syndrome.
Yea but you thought the denial was a good tactic, so....

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Yea but you thought the denial was a good tactic, so....
exactly. it's common sense. go into a courtroom and admit your guilt and be remorseful and you'll probably get a kinder sentence, deny everything whilst using a quite frankly ludicrous defence and you'll get a tougher sentence. what lawyer were they using exactly? what a twat.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
exactly. it's common sense. go into a courtroom and admit your guilt and be remorseful and you'll probably get a kinder sentence, deny everything whilst using a quite frankly ludicrous defence and you'll get a tougher sentence. what lawyer were they using exactly? what a twat.
No probably about it, under UK sentencing guidelines admission of guilt early gets you 1/3rd reduction, admission after trial date is set gets you 1/4, if you wait until the case starts you can still get 1/10 off.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I bet Liverpool are annoyed that they're appealing this :lol:

I can see it being extended once the appeal is swiftly and rightfully denied.

eddiebb

gobshite
I would imagine Suarez takes this to the CAS.

Fifa are making their rules up as they go along.
Well in the whole of history there's never been a player nuts enough to bite 3 different people 3 different times over the course of 5 years, so there's no precedent at all for this situation and therefore they pretty much have to make it up as they go along. Barneybollcks as per usual.

Nogbadthebad

Those two things are the ones that grate and somewhat add fuel to the victimisation fire.
Both Rio and King Eric had to do the same when sitting out there bans. Its not new.

I believe , from memory, Cantona played some behind closed doors friendlies before his return and they had to be 30 minutes a half to avoid breaking the stipulations.

Charlie10Utd

He should have got longer IMO. The thing that gets me the most is that he doesnt seem to think that he has or has ever done anything wrong. Its no wonder he is the way he is when you have Liverpool fans and Uruguans coming out and denying everything and all the other rubbish they have spouted.

Ruht

I'm utterly baffled by the comments coming out of the Uruguay camp. Does my head in.

Sir A1ex

He can't play the next game regardless.
I don't understand how that works - if they are appealing on the basis that he didn't do it (and this is very much hypothetical!), then surely he can't miss a match prior to the appeal?

(And I've definitely not got him in my Fantasy League team. Oh no, not at all)

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
I fail to understand how Liverpool fans and Uruguay continue to defend Suarez's actions. Their unconditional support everytime he does something stupid is the reason he hasn't reformed. A club of Liverpool's stature should get rid of him. Yes he scores goals but every season he misses a significant number of games through suspension. Are they that desperate to have a superstar in their squad that they'll put up with any nonsense he comes up with? FIFA did the right thing swift, decisive action not the longwinding bureaucracy we see from the BPL and FA before they reach a decision. Liverpool should try to get rid of him as soon as possible. I can't wait to see their club statement.