Suarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanthaman

Winner
I misunderstood Rodgers's comments earlier. A few minutes ago I heard his post-match interview arguing that the handball was not deliberate and thus the referee made the right call in letting the goal stand.

And then a Fox Soccer "analyst", Lloyd Barker, agreed with Rodgers that it was ball-to-hand and thus it was not a handball.

Incredible.

However, I've also read reports online that Rodgers's conceded that the goal should not have been allowed to stand.

See the following:

"I've just seen it again and there's no doubt it was handball but the referee and the officials ruled it wasn't deliberate."

But then, curiously, this:

"It's not been deliberate as it's pushed up and hit his hand. It's up to the officials to decide that."

"Obviously what the referee and officials were looking at was that it wasn't deliberate, which it clearly wasn't," he added. (Eh?)

Yes, it was, Brendan.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...ndball-?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5901

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brendan-rodgers-on-luis-suarez-handball-1522018

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/117098/default.aspx

You cannot watch the video and conclude that the Suarez was "not deliberate". The motion of the hand to control the ball is plain to the naked eye and beyond any conceivable disagreement.
Rodgers has probably seen it once, you've probably seen it 100 times from different angles

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Rodgers has probably seen it once, you've probably seen it 100 times from different angles
Then Rodgers should wait until he has seen the replays before opening his mouth.

He obviously knows it was deliberate he is just defending his player. Suarez is a Liverpool favourite so Rodgers probably knows he can win some favour with the fans and the players by sticking up for him even in the face of blatant evidence to the contrary - if he diverts attention to himself from Suarez then mission accomplished I would say.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Just caught a replay.

:lol: how can anyone say that wasn't deliberate. feck sake lads.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Every single game this guy does something pathetic, malicious or just simply cheats. Has there ever been a bigger khunt in the PL?

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
From Alan Hansen in the Telegraph

Whatever moral high ground you take over Luis Suárez’s goal, no footballer would ever ask for a goal to be disallowed.

It has never happened in the history of the game. It will never happen in my lifetime.

What exactly was Suárez supposed to do? Run to the referee and tell him it hit his hand? His team-mates would go berserk, and his manager would not be too impressed either.
Nice work Alan,

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Barely a week goes by with him being involved in talking points.

This is another for me which I have little or no issue with. If you get away with it, fine. I had the same attitude with Henry’s handball against Ireland.

If it had been a random player nobody would really care.

MUFCgal

Keane was Uniteds Suarez, Without the casual racist language. The career ending business was scummy. But as in most cases you have to stick with your own.
Complete bullshit. Keane saw red mist at times which obviously got him in trouble, but he was never a cheating, diving bellend who used racism to wind a player up.

One thing with Keane was what you saw is what you got, there were no back doors with him. Whatever you thought about his tackle on Haaland, one thing you can say is he knew what he was doing and he immediately took his punishment.

Suarez is a sneaky, conniving coward who acts like he does nothing wrong. I've seen footage of him deliberately trying to injure a player on the ground, then rolling around himself as if he's the one that's been hurt. Shameful.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I love the argument that since Keane was obviously a complete thug that makes him better than Suarez who's a relatively subtle cheat.
I love that the comparison and subsequent discussion went completely over your head but you've piped up with a bag of wank anyway. Well played.

alastair

ignorant
I love that the comparison and subsequent discussion went completely over your head but you've piped up with a bag of wank anyway. Well played.
There's so much bollocks in this thread. Suarez isn't the nicest chap in the world but the arrogance of some to come in and say 'clearly deliberate - how could anyone disagree?' when he has about half a second to react is just astonishing. What does it matter what he's done in the past? In that particular incident, it is more than arguable that it just hits his hand.

Lester Freamon

Aka Caveman
From Alan Hansen in the Telegraph

Nice work Alan,

The Scouse apologists are out in full force, which is probably even more infuriating than the cheating itself. It has happened on numerous occasions, Alan, you fecking twat.

As for Suarez, you could say he was a disgrace to his club but seeing as their deluded fans and staff are in full support of his every move, be it racism, diving or cheating he is a perfect ambassador for them. I hope someone snaps his legs sooner rather than later because I really cant't stand that little cnut. I don't usually wish injury upon people but as nobody seems capable of punishing the cheating cnut I hope his carreer ends rather abruptly and soon.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
There's so much bollocks in this thread. Suarez isn't the nicest chap in the world but the arrogance of some to come in and say 'clearly deliberate - how could anyone disagree?' when he has about half a second to react is just astonishing. What does it matter what he's done in the past? In that particular incident, it is more than arguable that it just hits his hand.
What he did in the past is very relevant. Oh wait, that only implies to Evra right?

Ainu

I don't think this was one of worse incidents to be fair. It was an instinctive reaction and while blatant cheating I can understand how it can happen in the heat of the moment. I would never expect anyone to own up either. I'd applaud a player if he did that, but I wouldn't consider him a complete cnut if he didn't.

That said, Suarez is a complete cnut anyway, so bash on!

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Most astonishing thing about the whole incident is how did the linesman not see it! He wants sacking.

kietotheworld

Simply, if one of our players had been found guilty of a 'racial incident' he would have been sent packing.

The fundamental difference between the clubs.
That's bullshit, Rio Ferdinand was found guilty of racially abusing Ashley Cole and he's still here. As for "I wouldn't want a racist representing my club", everyone involved in the Suarez case concluded that he wasn't a racist, he was abusing Evra to try and gain a competitive advantage.

kietotheworld

No he wasnt.

But hey, why go to the trouble of a cognitive argument when you can just make shit up.
Er...it's true dick head. He was found guilty of bringing the game into disrepute with a racial remark.

"The commission found that the breach included a reference to ethnic origin, colour or race", exactly as with Suarez.

it's further stated that it's considered abuse

"The Football Association clearly states that this is not an allegation that Mr Ferdinand is a racist, concedes that he is not a racist but contends that his conduct in endorsing @carltonEbanks tweet in a public forum is a term of abuse and brought the game into disrepute."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18847477

Nogbadthebad

Er...it's true dick head. He was found guilty of bringing the game into disrepute with a racial remark.

"The commission found that the breach included a reference to ethnic origin, colour or race", exactly as with Suarez.

it's further stated that it's considered abuse

"The Football Association clearly states that this is not an allegation that Mr Ferdinand is a racist, concedes that he is not a racist but contends that his conduct in endorsing @carltonEbanks tweet in a public forum is a term of abuse and brought the game into disrepute."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18847477
None of which claims he was found guilty of racially abusing Ashley Cole, which was your claim.

He was found to have endorsed a tweet , he said nothing himself.

kietotheworld

None of which claims he was found guilty of racially abusing Ashley Cole, which was your claim.

He was found to have endorsed a tweet , he said nothing himself.
Are you actually reading what you're quoting here? It was found that his endorsement of @carltonEbanks' tweet was a term of abuse, and that it included a reference to ethnic origin, colour or race. If that's not racial abuse I don't know what is. You sound extremely similar to Suarez's apologists in continuing to argue this point.

finneh

I can't believe that anyone would want a player like RVP sacked if he did something similar to Suarez. Yes it was reprehensible, but how Liverpool dealt with the affair was worse than the actual incident itself. If (before the FA sanctions) Liverpool suspended Suarez for a few weeks and fined him a few weeks wages, whilst also saying that some elements were down to a cultural misunderstanding, but that it is not behavior that Liverpool FC can tolerate, then it'd have blown over in a few weeks.

Quite bizarre how the defending of the indefensible ended up making the affair drag on and get more negative exposure, which in the end made Liverpool and Suarez look much worse.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
You don't think the type of man he is plays a role in whether or not this was seen as deliberate?

Regardless of your answer, or who you support, I think it's quite clear that he did deliberately handball. But, a ridiculous amount is being made out of this, though I guess he does only have himself to blame for that.

Oh and I've said it in the past, and good old Shades is showing it now, but sooner or later EVERY scouser on here slips the pretence and goes into Rawk mode.

EricaNo7

You don't think the type of man he is plays a role in whether or not this was seen as deliberate?

Regardless of your answer, or who you support, I think it's quite clear that he did deliberately handball. But, a ridiculous amount is being made out of this, though I guess he does only have himself to blame for that.

Oh and I've said it in the past, and good old Shades is showing it now, but sooner or later EVERY scouser on here slips the pretence and goes into Rawk mode.
Very well put, Mr Lambs

misterredmist

As much as I can't stand the despicable sabre toothed snide t**t, I don't think he'd be alone in doing what he did here....one of those things.....no surprise it's him involved I suppose...he courts controversy, cracking player, just such a c**t !

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Having an affair with your brothers wife is worse than all those things. It really doesn't come any lower than that.

Cantona was as bad on the field across his career, probably worse.
:lol:

What the actual feck? Closet dipper?

Suarez racially abused a black player in order to wind them up.

Cantona kicked someone in the face who had racially abused him as he walked off the pitch.

The only way he could compare to Suarez is if he rolled around pretending to be injured after kicking the twat in the face.

PatrickP

Suarez didn't do anything wrong IMO.

The ball hit his hand and he benefited from it. He didnt move his arm to the ball, his arm was already up there. He was laughing when he scored as he thought it would be brought back for a free kick (It should have been a free kick, No denying that)

However, if the ref doesn't give it then he doesn't give it.

Also, I heard people saying he was mocking Mansfield by kissing his hand. That was pathetic on their part. He does the same celebration every time

EricaNo7

Cantona kicked someone in the face who had racially abused him as he walked off the pitch.

The only way he could compare to Suarez is if he rolled around pretending to be injured after kicking the twat in the face.
I was thinking about this earlier and not one of our players could ever be compared to that hideous twerp . Not even if you added them all together - as Suarez's many sins do seem to encompass the entire spectrum

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I can't believe people are seriously advocating he tell the ref afterwards it hit his hand. I'd like to see a defender admit he fouled a player in the box, or his goal line clearance actually crossed the line. Weirdo's
No, I think what people were advocating was that it was a great opportunity for him to do that and gain some respect/appreciation for it.

I would never expect a player to do it, if they do fair enough. At 1-0 against Mansfield the worst case scenario was probably a draw and an easy replay. Most likely you would win anyway and get no end of brownie points going into their Cup Final against us next week.

As far as I'm concerned I'm delighted with how it panned out as it can only ever help us on Sunday, both with the refs and with him reverting to "Poor Me" instead of his recent confident mood. I would much rather he spends the entire game diving than skinning our defenders.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Complete bullshit. Keane saw red mist at times which obviously got him in trouble, but he was never a cheating, diving bellend who used racism to wind a player up.

One thing with Keane was what you saw is what you got, there were no back doors with him. Whatever you thought about his tackle on Haaland, one thing you can say is he knew what he was doing and he immediately took his punishment.

Suarez is a sneaky, conniving coward who acts like he does nothing wrong. I've seen footage of him deliberately trying to injure a player on the ground, then rolling around himself as if he's the one that's been hurt. Shameful.
Ok I have replied 3 times already to clarify what I said yet its not getting through. Here are my earlier posts.

'What I mean is he was Uniteds player who courted controversy, not he has done the same kinds of things as Suarez'

'You are overeacting. Your Suarez as in he was your controversial player.

John Terry is our Suarez

Joey Barton was everyones Suarez

Not Keane did the same things as Suarez. There are people on here who think Keanes antics are worse than Suarez's , so be thankful I don't think that ( after all Suarez did a similar terrible tackle with intention too.'

I do not mean Uniteds Suarez as in commits the same crimes, I mean Uniteds Suarez as in a player who is often in the press for doing the wrong things and courting controversy.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool

He stamped on the chest of a Swindon defender too.

Status
Not open for further replies.