Music Taylor Swift

Duafc

Village Lemon
My wife got a ticket, going to Dublin with 3 friends.

Bit jelly but she was overjoyed to the point of weeping, so that's nice.

wr8_utd

:'(
She also does kind of go all out in her performances and really does put on a show so you can imagine why its popular.

Moby

Dick
Her music is soothing and very relatable for a lot of people. You old farts have probably been with the same woman your whole lives so I can sort of understand why you don't relate to this kind of music. But she's great for the younger generations who haven't quite figured out love and personal growth yet.
Don't bother with the caf dads when it comes to current day music of all things. They're still probably sat playing their Joy division CDs or whatever the feck was out there like 50 years ago

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
She also does kind of go all out in her performances and really does put on a show so you can imagine why its popular.
It's also because she was kind of a teen pop idol so carries that audience always.

Olivia Rodrigo seems to be the latest one now. Her new song is annoying as feck but apparently her songs are the quickest to go gold/platinum.

Taylor Swift can't be that bad.
:lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's content is relatable to children and appealing to people with conservative music tastes. It's music for people who don't like music. You're gonna love Coldplay when you grow up.
I don't think it's a children vs adult thing but rather what appeals to the masses. Her music sort of hits that spot of being an easy listen and just enough quality coupled with her being around for a long long time already (when she was doing this rubbish romeo juliet songs). I think she's no longer a terrible artist and fairly good now, but it's one of those case where anything good just furthers her already huge following.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Amazed at the massive fuss about her. I just got box tickets to see her about a month ago, through one of our beverage partners, and first thing I did was give them away.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Nice. Which date/venue did you get? I managed to get one of the August dates for Wembley next year in the presale last week, was so lucky.
One of the Gelsenkirchen shows. A friend of mine got lucky and actually got four tickets days after the sale started.

Wing Attack Plan R

You could probably fly to Poland and back from LA for less than $1400 I would have thought :lol:
The set up was: my daughter had been going through a rough patch, and made sure I was at the keyboard ready to buy tickets soon as they were available. I said (foolishly) that I’d get tickets, don’t sweat it. Then the ticket servers crashed and I got skunked. Months go by as I’m monitoring secondary sales, and I finally pulled the trigger and bought 2 decent (not amazing) seats. We waited to tell her until she was finishing a school performance and handed her a bouquet with Taylor tickets attached. She wigged out. It’s moments like that which make it all worthwhile.

wr8_utd

:'(
The set up was: my daughter had been going through a rough patch, and made sure I was at the keyboard ready to buy tickets soon as they were available. I said (foolishly) that I’d get tickets, don’t sweat it. Then the ticket servers crashed and I got skunked. Months go by as I’m monitoring secondary sales, and I finally pulled the trigger and bought 2 decent (not amazing) seats. We waited to tell her until she was finishing a school performance and handed her a bouquet with Taylor tickets attached. She wigged out. It’s moments like that which make it all worthwhile.
Ticketmaster, I assume?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I can understand the appeal for her and her music, she is obviously very good performer, but at end of the day she is just a person who sings songs. I am sure in history there were better singers, performers, bands who didn't get half of this attention worldwide to their concerts as she does know, and it's quite obvious that it's social media influenced like everything else these days. It's obvious that the crying, excitement is half pure, and half fake and influenced by internet, and not exactly pure love towards Taylor Swift that people can't contain.

Just probably old man yelling at clouds, but I find it amazing that grown people can be this excited over one performer, but then people applauded Spiderman movie in the cinema, it's not like I haven't seen weirder stuff from modern instagram/tik tok crowd.

Wing Attack Plan R

I can understand the appeal for her and her music, she is obviously very good performer, but at end of the day she is just a person who sings songs. I am sure in history there were better singers, performers, bands who didn't get half of this attention worldwide to their concerts as she does know, and it's quite obvious that it's social media influenced like everything else these days. It's obvious that the crying, excitement is half pure, and half fake and influenced by internet, and not exactly pure love towards Taylor Swift that people can't contain.

Just probably old man yelling at clouds, but I find it amazing that grown people can be this excited over one performer, but then people applauded Spiderman movie in the cinema, it's not like I haven't seen weirder stuff from modern instagram/tik tok crowd.
She’s a brilliant pop craftsman, plus, having risen to fame at 15 (and now being 33), she’s basically been the voice for everyone her age, plus her early works still speak to young teens. 20 years of people growing up with her. I would never have given her a listen of it weren’t for my daughter.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
With pretty much every big artist I don't know I go on their Spotify top 5 and realise I've heard their songs before out and about. I just went through Taylor Swift's and I've never heard any of them.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
With pretty much every big artist I don't know I go on their Spotify top 5 and realise I've heard their songs before out and about. I just went through Taylor Swift's and I've never heard any of them.
Tbf top 5 just means the most popular right now. You've probably heard one or two of her most listened to.

Spotify:
  • I Don't Wanna Live Forever from Fifty Shades Darker (2016) Streams: 1.4 Billion.
  • Blank Space (2014) Streams: 1.3 Billion.
  • Shake It Off (2014) Streams: 1 Billion.
  • Anti-Hero (2022) Streams: 950 Million
  • Look What You Made Me Do (2017) Streams: 900 Million
Youtube:
  • Shake It Off 3,312,272,262
  • Blank Space 3,203,614,061
  • Bad Blood ft. Kendrick Lamar 1,561,097,369
  • You Belong With Me 1,465,129,747
  • Look What You Made Me Do 1,412,363,365

Don't think any of these are even amongst her 20 best songs.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Don't like her music but I can appreciate her as a person after seeing some more personal interviews with her at her house etc. Seems like a sweetheart/head in the right place person for the most part. There I said something nice about Taylor Swift. Don't ask me to do it again.

Samid

Top-selling, maybe.

What’s the craic with album sales these days anyway? Who still buys albums? Old people, right?
Vinyls became a billion dollar industry last year and leapfrogged CDs for the first time in 35 years. Must be old people leading the revolution. Doubt any zoomer knows what a vinyl is.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Vinyls became a billion dollar industry last year and leapfrogged CDs for the first time in 35 years. Must be old people leading the revolution. Doubt any zoomer knows what a vinyl is.
Yeah that’s a weird one. Friend of mine owns a chain of music stores in Ireland and vinyl is the only thing keeping them from going under. Nice little money spinner for the artists too. Can sell multiple versions of the same album. Feels very faddy though. Can’t see anyone sticking with such an inconvenient way to play music for long.

I have several hundred vinyl records in the attic I haven’t looked at in years. Should really try and flog them while vinyl is having a moment.

Samid

Yeah that’s a weird one. Friend of mine owns a chain of music stores in Ireland and vinyl is the only thing keeping them from going under. Nice little money spinner for the artists too. Can sell multiple versions of the same album. Feels very faddy though. Can’t see anyone sticking with such an inconvenient way to play music for long.

I have several hundred vinyl records in the attic I haven’t looked at in years. Should really try and flog them while vinyl is having a moment.
A chain of music stores in this day and age? Crikey.

I'd flog them off for sure if they don't have any sentimental value. There's seems to be an anti-technological fad going on at the moment. Anti-streaming, anti-smartphones, trading cards etc. They'll grow tired sooner or later.