Television Ted Lasso (Apple TV Football Comedy)

goalscholes

Half way through season 2 so avoiding this thread but I like it. It's created by Bill Lawrence (Scrubs creator) and can so clearly see his influence on the both funny and heart warming/emotional moments

Very easy to watch and enjoyable
I found Scrubs about as funny as a punch in the nose, but the Britishness, likeable characters and much less slapstick makes this far better.

LInkash

An Englishman calling squad "roster". Yuck.
There a millions of instances where they use the American terms, not sure if they're worried about Americans being overwhelmed by too much unfamiliar language or certain writers are just unaware

Just a few off the top of my head are locker room (dressing room), tie (draw) and parking lot (car park).

LARulz

Personally I still like it, I maybe don't love it as much but still enjoyable. It's just a comedy show which tries to be wholesome, it's nothing more serious than that and it's well acted with some good lines to at least get a smile from me

Having said that, season 3 (admit it's only 1 episode) hasn't filled me with huge hope. It's supposed to be the final season and I was hoping it wouldn't just ultimately be a Ted Vs Nate and Rebecca Vs Rupert season

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
“Until we finished the final level of Breath In The Wild”

wot

saik

Not sure why they felt the need to add Zlatan in the show. Ran out of ideas me thinks.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I actually quite enjoyed the second episode :nervous:

Felt a bit more like the first season (which was fun) than the second (which was not).

Bole Top

I watched the first 7 episodes and gave up. it's not funny, it's not really about football, the characters are super boring so I'm basically left with nothing. I don't hate it, I simply can't find any reason to continue watching it.

Last edited:

CallyRed

]Zlatan didn't score straight from kick off on his debut. [/SPOILER

Massive Spanner

At least when the episodes were only a half hour long it was somewhat tolerable. Why are they all 50 fecking minutes now?

Apokalips

At least when the episodes were only a half hour long it was somewhat tolerable. Why are they all 50 fecking minutes now?
I think a better question is why are you watching a show that you feel is only "somewhat tolerable"? I get it with the last seasons of a long running show, where you've made years of commitment, but Ted Lasso?

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I think a better question is why are you watching a show that you feel is only "somewhat tolerable"? I get it with the last seasons of a long running show, where you've made years of commitment, but Ted Lasso?
Yeah I don't get it, people will have sunk 11 hours into it before season 3. Just stop watching if you don’t enjoy it…

Massive Spanner

Yeah I don't get it, people will have sunk 11 hours into it before season 3. Just stop watching if you don’t enjoy it…
I enjoyed the first series and my wife absolutely loves it so it’s just a show for us to watch together, that’s all. Doesn’t mean I have to love it.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
what’s the feck is the West Ham stuff about! :lol: Unhinged nonsense.

yeah, I’m out. The Roy Keane stuff is just tiresome now, everyone’s obsession with Keeley who genuinely looks like she’s 7/8ths of the way through choosing poorly in the Grail Trials is baffling, the football stuff is just mental, but in a careless way where West Ham are now a cross between the Manchester Clubs and the baddies from the Mighty Ducks but can also hire a kit man and no one thinks that’s odd, when actually that should be very funny… but then also its way more of a soap opera than it is a comedy now anyway. I’d barely describe it as one tbh.

Plus an English character referred to it as ’the John Lewis Christmas Commercial’ … which is just too far man. Too far. feck this show.

Last edited:

Tiber

Finished series 2 tonight. I always thought Nate was a bit of a twat, but can't believe he sunk that low

SAFMUTD

It's not even a comedy now. Losing its touch quickly. Will still watch it as it's the last season but seems like a series with huge potential which will fall incredibly short.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It's good when it's fictional but really bad when it becomes a reality show.
ManUnited are the witness.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Finished series 2 tonight. I always thought Nate was a bit of a twat, but can't believe he sunk that low
It’s a tough ask for even the most likeable of guys to rebuild their reputation after choosing to manage West Ham

LARulz

It's not even a comedy now. Losing its touch quickly. Will still watch it as it's the last season but seems like a series with huge potential which will fall incredibly short.
It's more a show with funny moments and I am fine with it. It feels similar enough to Scrubs where the overarching story was more important. Otherwise if it's a show based around jokes and that can get boring quick in my opinion.

At least if the story is decent enough and the characters are OK then I can keep watching. If the story is just meant to be there to move it from one joke to the next then that gets too one dimensional