The MMA thread

Luke1995

Just gonna leave this here...

Have a good night of MMA fights, everyone.

redom

Wow, the ladies are in no mood to tap tonight, first Procopio decides to go to sleep rather than tap and now Murata seemingly fights that second round with a serious injury to her left arm after the armbar in the first, her eye looked nasty too.

redom

Why do fighters pour water on the canvas to rub their soles on? Guessing it's for grip or something.

Edit: nevermind had a quick Google and it's for grip like I thought.

Last edited:

redom

Vera put a beating on Grant there, not sure how he didn't get the rear naked finish but really entertaining card so far.

Luke1995

Anderson won his boxing match

It's funny how all the experts in the media were giving him no chance just because he was 46.

He always had good head movement and fast hands. This was no Mcgregor taking on a Mayweather.

Luke1995

Gane X Volkov is absolutely fascinating matchup. I'm very impressed by both of them. Gane seems to be the more technical fighter but barely.

Volkov is the king of staying on the outside and generating damage by a thousand cuts. Wonder if he'll press the action more this time though. He might need to.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Gane X Volkov is absolutely fascinating matchup. I'm very impressed by both of them. Gane seems to be the more technical fighter but barely.

Volkov is the king of staying on the outside and generating damage by a thousand cuts. Wonder if he'll press the action more this time though. He might need to.
Great fight. 265 pound Volkov scares the shit out of me, absolut unit.

But I'm slightly leaning with Gane, despite the experience differential. The guy is clearly a special talent.

Reminder that today's card is European friendly. Prelims starting in 60min.

Luke1995

Great fight. 265 pound Volkov scares the shit out of me, absolut unit.

But I'm slightly leaning with Gane, despite the experience differential. The guy is clearly a special talent.

Reminder that today's card is European friendly. Prelims starting in 60min.
He seems like a special talent ,yes, but I feel like Volkov is just hitting his prime right now...

Also, pumped to see Tim Means in action. One of the most durable, toughest dudes on the roster, while having a solid technical game aswell.

redom

Rakhmonov looks impressive, wouldn't mind seeing him and Chimaev go at it in the near future, though Chimaev is probably looking at bigger fish right now.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Any particular reason why it’s on so early, it’s in Vegas?

I’m not complaining, I’d love if every card was this time

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
A few of these UFC fight nights at the Apex have been early and perhaps they avoid clashing with any boxing.

Bit boring that main event but nice to see the main event without staying up all night.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Gane looks ready for a title shot imo. He was a bit too cautious and cagey against Volkov tonight and would have to use a different strategy to stay afloat against Francis.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think Gane vs Stipe would be a good contender fight.
It would be, although I don't think the schedules align since Ngannou v Lews 2 may take place in August, so the UFC may attempt to align Gane with the winner. I agree that Stipe would be a good fight for Gane.