The Overlap Live Fan Debate

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
But it's kinda worth it wasn't it? what has Madrid won since Ronaldo left?
Absolutely, I'm sure Rooney himself has said as much (he didn't mind playing wide compensating for Ronaldo as he knew he would have a better chance of winning trophies if the side had Ronaldo at his best)

RonaldoVII

Don't think it says much about Scholes when he says our CM pairing should be McTominay and Pogba. Carragher tried to argue otherwise and just ended up shaking his head.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Think that's a bit simplistic - Neville mentioned that game as an example of a time where "sacrificing" the likes of Rooney and Tevez, and using Park's engines, really helped. He also said this was a tactic SAF often deployed in big games, which is also true.

It's not a dig at Ronaldo to say that the best clubs build their teams to suit their best players. Ronaldo is an incredible asset to have, but you do need to offset him by having players who can cover for him/create chances - particularly at this stage in his career. It's what pretty much all top teams have to do (and what Ronaldo had at every club he won top trophies) - you have your star players who win you games, but you need the workers to ensure those players have the platform to do that.

We lack the players to provide us that platform - McFred is a too porous midfield currently, and we don't really have the attackers to provide consistent and effective high-presses. Instead we end up keeping possession with lots of players in the opposition's half, and are susceptible to the break - this is pretty much how every goal we've conceded this season has come about.

We've got an incredible squad on paper, but sadly we're not seeing that materialise on the pitch right now. There's lots I think Ole can/should be blamed for, but I think the major issues facing us would be tricky for all but the best managers in the world to contend with (sadly, those at our biggest rivals).
How is it simplistic? Neville wrote Varane, Sancho and Kane = Man Utd PL Champions. Post signing of Ronaldo, he's been back tracking on it. In this show, he finally spoke why he feels that is the case and he put it down to difference between work-rate of Kane and Ronaldo, which is utter bollocks.

You put Kane instead of Ronaldo, and nothing in this team would change. Neville is off his rocker, when he thinks Kane pressing from the front is the difference between us being Premier League Champions and "teams running through us".

Good post. A rare example of someone who gets it totally right.
:lol:

Neville could shit in front of your door and you'd find a way to justify he's right.

According to Neville, those sacrifices are the difference between this team being where it is and winning the league. That's beyond nonsensical.
The defensive work rate between Kane and Ronaldo is marginal.
Thank you! Finally, someone who gets it totally right and sees through Neville's bullshit.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Don't think it says much about Scholes when he says our CM pairing should be McTominay and Pogba. Carragher tried to argue otherwise and just ended up shaking his head.
Scholes is a bit shit as a pundit, but he did say afterwards that with Pogba he was just hoping he'd somehow work, and that he'd been hoping for 4-5 years.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Newcastle fans are a laugh, love Benitez. Hate Bruce, who has done as well as Benitez did.
He didn't though did he? His net spend was on another planet to Benitez's and he's still at best took them sideways.

On the same basis Kovac was as good a Bayern manager as Pep or Jose was as good the second time round at Chelsea as he was the first.

red4ever 79

Yep. He was on the Webby and O' Neil show in the week and Webby asked him who should play CM and he said McTom.

red4ever 79

The City lad does waffle a bit and I think Carragher was trying to joke about it but it comes across bad because it’s a ‘celeb’ pundit doing it to an average fan who makes YouTube content and people will take it as a TV hates YouTube/doesn’t want them to be successful schtick. Some of the fans come across well and some just aren’t cut out for the bigger forums. Ty is shite too. I know they get him on to laugh at but it’s a bit sad and demeaning to him that they do.
I heard that what we saw here was the edited version. Apparantely the City fan was going on and on for ages

Oranges038

He didn't though did he? His net spend was on another planet to Benitez's and he's still at best took them sideways.

On the same basis Kovac was as good a Bayern manager as Pep or Jose was as good the second time round at Chelsea as he was the first.
The net spend is largely offset by a couple of players leaving mostly Perez and Mitrovic.

Bruce has signed 14/15 players, actually only paid for 5 or 6 of those players, with Lewis,ASM, Willock, Joelinton and Wilson for decent money, the rest have been free transfers and loans.

Benitez signed a whopping 31 players, paid for 21/22 of those. With 13 of them costing between 5 and 20 million.

So really Bruce is having to deal with a lot of Championship level players that were dumped on him by his predecessor, has added 4 or 5 players and is still getting the same results.

RonaldoVII

Yep. He was on the Webby and O' Neil show in the week and Webby asked him who should play CM and he said McTom.
I often wonder how much these United pundits actually watch us. Given that a lot of us (at the ground and on here) watch us religiously and live and breathe United I genuinely feel we know better than a lot of them. Neville himself said he hasn't seen us live this season yet.

Posh Red

I often wonder how much these United pundits actually watch us. Given that a lot of us (at the ground and on here) watch us religiously and live and breathe United I genuinely feel we know better than a lot of them. Neville himself said he hasn't seen us live this season yet.
I guess Neville’s job involves him working at various grounds most weekends? So maybe he can be excused on that point. Agree with you in general though

RonaldoVII

I guess Neville’s job involves him working at various grounds most weekends? So maybe he can be excused on that point. Agree with you in general though
Yeah admittedly he said it was due to Sky's scheduling so he's excused but I do wonder about a lot of the others. I'm sure for some it's a job/hobby whereas for a lot of us it's a lot more! Hence spending all our time on here!

Lee565

Scholes mugged himself off by basically admitting he wants bruce to be given time because he played with him, it greatly diminishes his credibility as a pundit as it is now more obvious than before that he has bias towards managers that he use to play with and we see it with a lot of former united guys who dare not blame ole for anything at united and goes after either the players or owners as if the manager is a helpless spectator in it all.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I watched the first part of debate 2 of this and that Ty fellow representing Arsenal was just plain embarrassing. He wasn't making any sense and everyone just seemed to be bemused by the weird shit he was spouting.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I watched the first part of debate 2 of this and that Ty fellow representing Arsenal was just plain embarrassing. He wasn't making any sense and everyone just seemed to be bemused by the weird shit he was spouting.
Yeah, I just watched the two parts of this debate myself, and that Ty fella is an odd one isn't he. He's like a child on Christmas day who's so excited they can't get their words out fast enough. There's a sort of pent-up nervous energy about him that makes him unintelligible

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Ty Arsenal is maybe somewhere on the spectrum I’d say, perhaps Asperger’s. He obsesses over tiny points within a debate and fixates upon them.

He’s obviously a truly passionate fan and although his conversational skills aren’t ‘usual’, I think football is better off with characters like Ty in the stands!

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
I thought Scholes had an absolute mare on multiple topics.

And it's sad they are milking Ty. Surely there are saner Arsenal fans out there. I know they bring him for the clicks.

Otherwise, this is a fun show to watch.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Usually I enjoy these but both were quite boring and not as fun as they usually are. Seem very short too. Preferred the old format.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Usually I enjoy these but both were quite boring and not as fun as they usually are. Seem very short too. Preferred the old format.
Hour long part 3 is up, sound is a bit better in this one after being horrible in the first 2.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Hour long part 3 is up, sound is a bit better in this one after being horrible in the first 2.

This is pretty good. I did get a chuckle out of Robbie feeling offended that Neville thinks City being underwhelming is a key factor and that if Pep stops rotating City will win the title and then also feeling offended that the Spurs fan thinks it’s in Arsenal’s hands. It’s like someone says something slightly negative and they immediately get defensive and someone says something positive and they’re like ‘well hang on a minute, you’re just saying that to add pressure’ :lol:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
This is pretty good. I did get a chuckle out of Robbie feeling offended that Neville thinks City being underwhelming is a key factor and that if Pep stops rotating City will win the title and then also feeling offended that the Spurs fan thinks it’s in Arsenal’s hands. It’s like someone says something slightly negative and they immediately get defensive and someone says something positive and they’re like ‘well hang on a minute, you’re just saying that to add pressure’ :lol:
Robbie is just slightly less deluded than Ty. If you ever see him doing these Combined XI he just spends the full time arguing for every Arsenal player, he'd just have the Arsenal first team if he got his way. I get the arguing is what they deem to make the video watchable, but I think he generally believes it.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
They're all oversized childrens or deluded old heads to be honest :lol: Spurs guy manage to be both at the same time without a trophy
The United and Fulham new ones were good.

kaku06

Robbie is just slightly less deluded than Ty. If you ever see him doing these Combined XI he just spends the full time arguing for every Arsenal player, he'd just have the Arsenal first team if he got his way. I get the arguing is what they deem to make the video watchable, but I think he generally believes it.
Compared to other Arsenal fans on YouTube Robbie is alright. He gives the credit to other teams too. The rest of them Arsenal fans on the other hand.

Mr. Robot

Nah, Robbie is a decent guy with balanced views a lot of the time. I’m a Utd fan but like Robbie, you can tell his heart is in the right place compared to cretins like DT.

His brother is a good person as well.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Compared to other Arsenal fans on YouTube Robbie is alright. He gives the credit to other teams too. The rest of them Arsenal fans on the other hand.
Nah, Robbie is a decent guy with balanced views a lot of the time. I’m a Utd fan but like Robbie, you can tell his heart is in the right place compared to cretins like DT.

His brother is a good person as well.
Think I've done him an injustice comparing him to Try, he's certainly not that bad, and you can actually sit and listen to him unlike Ty. And without knowing him personally, he seems ok, even though there seems to be others that might disagree.

Baichung Bhutia

Supports
Arsenal
My first ever post here.
I thought Neville’s point that Arsenal might only win the title because City throw it away was a poor opinion. He just came across as desperate for City to turn it around, which is weird considering his roots in Manchester. Carragher comes across very well whenever he is with Neville.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
By the way, that Chelsea fan is the same guy that people some times post in transfer threads as if he has any real insight. He’s really just a guy with a blog :lol:

Mr. Robot

I’m so glad Sky have stopped getting that stroppy, argumentative cnut McKola to represent us.

Joe Smith, the Utd fan version of Jesus Christ, is far more measured with his opinion.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
The Athletic journos living in some fantasy land there. Neville through the independent regulator at least has some plan for fan involvement, rather than just hoping and doing their little best.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
An Old Firm version hosted by Kelly Somers who was joined by Ally McCoist and Chris Sutton. Subtitles might be required when listening to some of the supporters in the audience.

cyberman

I’m so glad Sky have stopped getting that stroppy, argumentative cnut McKola to represent us.

Joe Smith, the Utd fan version of Jesus Christ, is far more measured with his opinion.
Happy I’m not the only fan who thinks this. These random hot takes he and Ste makes doesn’t make them as knowledgable as they think.
Last video I watched of Howson was when they had Jamie Jackson on to talk about the takeover but he literally said forget about that on air and filled the episode with crap about how Wes Brown was better than John Terry.
It’s so random and shite that it’s unlistenable

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
An Old Firm version hosted by Kelly Somers who was joined by Ally McCoist and Chris Sutton. Subtitles might be required when listening to some of the supporters in the audience.

Excellent, I was just thinking about how much I missed Rab C Nesbit.

I hope they did the decent thing and handed out a complimentary battered Mars Bar and can o’ Special Brew to everyone in the audience.

Just watching the intro you can see McCoist is clearly pissed already.

Mr. Robot

Happy I’m not the only fan who thinks this. These random hot takes he and Ste makes doesn’t make them as knowledgable as they think.
Last video I watched of Howson was when they had Jamie Jackson on to talk about the takeover but he literally said forget about that on air and filled the episode with crap about how Wes Brown was better than John Terry.
It’s so random and shite that it’s unlistenable
I saw that :lol:

Yeah Howson and McKola are insufferable. I actually respect Howson more than McKola though. That guy has zero talent. Like, who the feck is he? He just sulks about making crap jokes in his annoying Brummy accent.

The issue with that lot on Paddock is that they think they’re far more important than they actually are. It’s gone to their heads being on YouTube and hanging out with Rio Ferdinand.

I think the fan channel stuff has peaked now and it’s over saturated. There are millions of Utd fan tv channels now. Paddock’s content is really shit these days too - their daily news segment is literally shite rumours they read in the Daily Mirror.

And when Steve ‘Pep’ Howson starts taking tactics with actual professional footballers, I have hide behind my sofa as I can’t help but get really embarrassed for him. You can tell that the likes of Andy Cole and Vidic think that’s he’s a bit of a tit.

Last edited:

HarryP

McKola has to be one of the worst and I've no idea how he gets invited onto these shows. He preys on the fans who confuse facial expressions of 'passion' and 'seriousness' with truth and accuracy, when the reality is he's usually full of emotional claptrap.