The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Deery

Dreary
What’s Brandon Williams chatting about? They’re definitely pissed.

yaka8

Yo, anyone got a stream to the Barry Hall Sonny Bill Williams fight, can you PM me a reliable site? Thanks!

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Don’t think I’ve ever watched a Josh Warrington fight where he hasn’t nutted his opponent into a bad cut

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
My nephew is competing in his first bout on may 7th. He makes 5 quid from every ticket sold and he's already sold 60...

Nathan Deakin... Remember the name lads :D

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Shaping up to be a good few weeks

Golovkin v Murata
Fury v Whyte
Valdez v Stevenson
Canelo V Bivol
I'd forgot about this one, hopefully if Stevenson wins comfortably we see him move up to 135 and add himself to the mix there.

Glorio

Savannah Marshall - rate her?

Just wary of the case of overhyped British fighters, but she really does look the real deal

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
She's got superb power. Don't think she actually boxed very well tonight but that knockdown was sweet. Can't say I like her very much though, hope Shields gives her a lesson (but I actually think she'll win).

Deery

Dreary
She's got superb power. Don't think she actually boxed very well tonight but that knockdown was sweet. Can't say I like her very much though, hope Shields gives her a lesson (but I actually think she'll win).
I feel exactly the same, don’t like her either, but Shields didn’t look all that impressive last time out.

TheReligion

Abusive
I feel exactly the same, don’t like her either, but Shields didn’t look all that impressive last time out.
What don’t you like?

TwoSheds

Nothing much in particular just the way she goes on and talks, probably backs it up with her fighting right enough but just something there.
Yep. Got a smirk about her or something. Terrific fighter though, wouldn't tell her to her face!

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Savannah Marshall - rate her?

Just wary of the case of overhyped British fighters, but she really does look the real deal
Decent, but a disproportionate amount of people seem to think she's just going to walk through Shields, when realistically Claressa'll probably put on a boxing clinic.

Deery

Dreary
Has anyone seen the undercard for Fury v Whyte? disgusting is an understatement, don’t think I’ll even bother buying it.

JP77

Has anyone seen the undercard for Fury v Whyte? disgusting is an understatement, don’t think I’ll even bother buying it.
Tbh I find most of the fights like these have average undercards or worst. It's definitely a stinker. I'll be buying it though as I think Fury/Whyte will be a cracking fight.

Deery

Dreary
Tbh I find most of the fights like these have average undercards or worst. It's definitely a stinker. I'll be buying it though as I think Fury/Whyte will be a cracking fight.
Hearn usually puts on a decent undercard with some big names at least.

BT sports have Anthony Cacace, Issac Lowe and Tommy Fury as key support, that’s beyond shite.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
So, I've been watching some 90's boxing videos and am I crazy for thinking that Gerald Mcclellan might well be a top 10 all time talent? Astonishing punch power and speed. Like, holy shit good. It's a mystery to me how he had two losses on his record.

If he doesn't have that injury, he smokes Nigel Benn in 2 rounds, max. Him Vs Roy Jones would have been one HELL of a fight.

Deery

Dreary
So, I've been watching some 90's boxing videos and am I crazy for thinking that Gerald Mcclellan might well be a top 10 all time talent? Astonishing punch power and speed. Like, holy shit good. It's a mystery to me how he had two losses on his record.

If he doesn't have that injury, he smokes Nigel Benn in 2 rounds, max. Him Vs Roy Jones would have been one HELL of a fight.
The mini Mike Tyson, yeah it’s one of those bitter pills to swallow Gerald Mc Clellan, he was awesome from whatever I’ve seen of him pity he got hurt.

Inter Yer Nan

No, I don’t see him as that big a talent. A great puncher and yes, an excellent talent, but he was a huge middleweight who feasted on smaller guys. I don’t think he would have more than a punchers chance with Roy Jones personally. James Toney too, I think was a far superior talent who’d have taken him apart as well.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
No, I don’t see him as that big a talent. A great puncher and yes, an excellent talent, but he was a huge middleweight who feasted on smaller guys. I don’t think he would have more than a punchers chance with Roy Jones personally. James Toney too, I think was a far superior talent who’d have taken him apart as well.
That all seems fair. Toney was a genius defensive boxer and Roy Jones was Roy Jones. They would proabably be favourite against him. But still, Mcclellan's punching power was ridiculous. Check out this KO from him. One of the sickest I've ever seen.

SuperiorXI

That all seems fair. Toney was a genius defensive boxer and Roy Jones was Roy Jones. They would proabably be favourite against him. But still, Mcclellan's punching power was ridiculous. Check out this KO from him. One of the sickest I've ever seen.

He went down like he was hit by lightning! Brutal that.

Inter Yer Nan

Yes, he’s one of the hardest hitters ever. A lot of power punchers like him look invincible until they are not.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Spence looked great tonight, comedy brainfart in the 6th round aside. That was a brutal beating he put on Ugas, who is tough as leather for making it that far with that grotesquely damaged eye. Fingers crossed that all relevant parties unfeck themselves and finally get the Spence vs Crawford fight made.

Inter Yer Nan

Spence looked great tonight, comedy brainfart in the 6th round aside. That was a brutal beating he put on Ugas, who is tough as leather for making it that far with that grotesquely damaged eye. Fingers crossed that all relevant parties unfeck themselves and finally get the Spence vs Crawford fight made.
Yeah, he was excellent. I was very impressed. He’s definitely hit table though. I think Crawford will take advantage of that.

LDUred

Fury at the live workout with Sugar Hill on the pads (Whyte again absent). Fury carrying bit of extra weight but looks more muscular in upper body. Using the southpaw stance a lot.

Every indication that Fury is looking to knock Whyte out.

Abraxas

Hard to see what Whyte brings to the table in this fight. Seems to have gone life and death in most of his fights against good competition. I don't think he's a great boxer or puncher. But overall quite rounded and a big strong guy. It's hard to identify what exactly he can do except try to chop Fury's body down, get in close and swing some big punches.

Hopefully he can show something extra, or maybe if Tyson is slipping a bit and that can make it more competitive than it looks. Tyson's boxing was fairly sloppy in the final Wilder fight so that's probably something Whyte has to cling to as a sign.

Pretty insane to see Golovkin in a war against Murata aged 40. That was a cool fight. Horrible to think about him going in with Canelo again though.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Hard to see what Whyte brings to the table in this fight. Seems to have gone life and death in most of his fights against good competition. I don't think he's a great boxer or puncher. But overall quite rounded and a big strong guy. It's hard to identify what exactly he can do except try to chop Fury's body down, get in close and swing some big punches.

Hopefully he can show something extra, or maybe if Tyson is slipping a bit and that can make it more competitive than it looks. Tyson's boxing was fairly sloppy in the final Wilder fight so that's probably something Whyte has to cling to as a sign.

Pretty insane to see Golovkin in a war against Murata aged 40. That was a cool fight. Horrible to think about him going in with Canelo again though.
I’m assuming Fury is smart enough to revert back to his boxing and movement against Whyte and abandon the more combative style he displayed against Wilder (2&3). If he tries that with Whyte it’ll play right into Dillian’s hands and it wouldn’t surprise me if Fury got knocked out

Abraxas

I’m assuming Fury is smart enough to revert back to his boxing and movement against Whyte and abandon the more combative style he displayed against Wilder (2&3). If he tries that with Whyte it’ll play right into Dillian’s hands and it wouldn’t surprise me if Fury got knocked out
Agreed, it would be an easier path to victory to simply use his length and ability to outbox the flat footed Whyte, but it's not altogether clear to me that Fury isn't a massive favourite in the trenches too. It extends Whyte's chances of winning slightly, but I think it also increases Whyte's chance of getting knocked out. Which he already has been twice, and didn't last the pace against Parker either.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Agreed, it would be an easier path to victory to simply use his length and ability to outbox the flat footed Whyte, but it's not altogether clear to me that Fury isn't a massive favourite in the trenches too. It extends Whyte's chances of winning slightly, but I think it also increases Whyte's chance of getting knocked out. Which he already has been twice, and didn't last the pace against Parker either.
Well, the bookies clearly favour your analogy. Thing is, even though we get seduced by Fury’s movement and his switch-hitting and all that, I can’t get away from the fact he’s only fought absolute shite (Klitch aside). I’m including Wilder in there, who’s an appalling boxer and a complete fanny on top of that.
I honestly think (and I’m prepared to eat my words) that if Fury goes to war with Whyte it’s a 50/50 fight for him at best.

TwoSheds

Tbh I see an upper cut with Whyte's name on it but I'd love him to spring an upset. Very likeable fighter.

Deery

Dreary
Don’t see Fury knocking him out apart from Wilder Fury hasn’t knocked anybody out.

I usually get a bit of disliking for Fury before fights, but after the fight enjoy him again.

Not Whyte’s biggest fan either, he could I suppose knock Fury out but even Whyte’s knockout power is exaggerated Chisora took a lot off Whyte and wasn’t bothered.

Most likely a points win in the Fury camp..