The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Glorio

Contrary to most on here, I think Whyte carries a lot of power, particularly in that overhand left, which is extremely dangerous considering he's not a southpaw.

I think he'll be a problem, Fury is obviously the favourite and I think he's playing the perfect game by being a gentleman to Whyte in the presser by making it all cordial. Whyte's best chance is to find the animal in him, the snarling, bristling version he showed in the Povektin rematch, but was lacking in the first fight. He thrives in the chaos, and I hope for his sake that he brings that madness on the day and makes it a good ol' dog fight

G-manc

Whyte looks to have whipped himself into decent shape, however, you'd have to worry about his engine over 12 rounds given his age and inactivity. He was out on his feet towards the end of the Parker fight and that was years ago. He also looks to have slowed down a bit in hs last few fights.

Fury would be stupid to have a row with him as it will likely be Whyte's only chance of winning.

One thing Whyte won't do is surrender meekly, he will definitely have a real go at some point.

Deery

Dreary
Said it before but how badly has this fight been promoted, Frank Warren is fecking shit and the undercard is terrible Cacace fight has had to be scrapped and he was main support. If it wasn’t for the Fury name nobody would be interested, poor form from Warren..

youngrell

Said it before but how badly has this fight been promoted, Frank Warren is fecking shit and the undercard is terrible Cacace fight has had to be scrapped and he was main support. If it wasn’t for the Fury name nobody would be interested, poor form from Warren..
Isn't there 94k going to be at the fight?

Deery

Dreary
Isn't there 94k going to be at the fight?
Yeah it’s a packed house, but that is mostly because it’s Tyson Fury, this is a massive British fight and it’s hardly been mentioned about in the build up. Hearn would have promoted much better and this isn’t a Warren/Hearn thing it’s just disappointment at the fight itself..

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
cnut deserved more than what he got. Tyson done nothing wrong. Maybe took too long to start the beating, but that's it.

Inter Yer Nan

It’s possible Fury has peaked, but even then, I still don’t think Whyte is the guy to topple him. It wasn’t long ago Whyte was iced by Povetkin. Sometimes when that sweet spot is shattered they lose punch resistance. I can see it being a fun, but sort of one sided and sloppy kind of fight. That’s sort of how most Fury fights are.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
It'll be an amazing story for Whyte to win, I'll be very happy for him because I've never seen a boxer look so unorthodox and get so far. He has slow feet, plods around the ring, unbalanced, tires easily, am I missing anything else!? Against a fighter who throws constant feints and applies pressure with a jab with great footwork for 12 rounds. I mean there's only one winner...

LDUred

I don't understand Whyte's attitude. If he wins the fight, then as the new champion he will have the belts and can call the shots for any rematch with Fury.

Fury holds the WBC belt which he had to go to the US to win back over three fights. It's right that he should pocket an 80/20 split in my view.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I would love Whyte to win but I don’t think he has a chance. I think he gasses in the 6th round and sloppily gets knocked down in the 8th

youngrell

Feels like it could be similar to Fury vs Chisora 2, if Tyson is on his game.

Whyte will probably risk a bit more than Chisora did late on though.

SuperiorXI

I reckon it will be a Tyson win on points but we'll see at least one knock down. Tyson has the reach advantage and superior boxing skills which I think he'll flex more than going for the KO. I remember in the last Wilder fight he said he got clipped as he risked too much as he wanted the KO, he'll probably be safer here as there's less "bite" in the match up.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Two likeable dickheads smashing each other up. Don’t think there’s a bad loser or winner, should be a fun night.

LDUred

Whyte has been hurt in a lot of his fights. AJ and Povetkin, obviously, but he was also hurt by Parker, Rivas, Helenius, and Chisora.

Think we are going to see Fury stepping in a lot to land his big right hand. He just has to watch himself coming out when they tie up. Whyte's left hook is very fast.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I've long thought Fury was over rated. Whyte is pretty good, so it'll be interesting to see how Fury does. Thank god, the wilder fights are over. It's been a long time since he's fought someone else in the top 10.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I've long thought Fury was over rated. Whyte is pretty good, so it'll be interesting to see how Fury does. Thank god, the wilder fights are over. It's been a long time since he's fought someone else in the top 10.
I see it the other way - thought he used to be overrated then he did Klitschko etc and earnt his rep.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I see it the other way - thought he used to be overrated then he did Klitschko etc and earnt his rep.
That was a great but he's just been so inactive. Outside of klitschko and Wilder (who's pretty flawed), his record is bang average. Not many top 10 names, at all.