The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Meh, he bulked up to make little work of a shorter, less talented boxeur and we are still talking a (balanced) fight.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Bellew still giving every last round to Joshua :lol:

He'll still probably win, but this is very much his level right now.

Vapor trail

Sorry, what?

He's winning easily. Not impressive, but that's a different story.
I'm of the same opinion this is not even closely a competitive fight but it's a poor performance by Joshua standard, or the supposed standard he needs to keep up with.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Franklin is gassed. He's done well to get this far

Wayne's World

This fight is alot closer then what people think.

AJ is finished, he would have cleared this fella out within 3 rounds a couple of years ago

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Fury counting the pennies already for a late Summer showdown before taking on an even older Usyk on Christmas.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
So so performance by Joshua. He'll have to improve a lot if he wants to win v the elite.

Saying that, I hope no one here is still a fan of fury after his latest ducking debacle.

Abraxas

Suddenly warmed up. Shame it's taken this long. Both men being less risk averse.

saivet

This fight is alot closer then what people think.

AJ is finished, he would have cleared this fella out within 3 rounds a couple of years ago
Is it? Going by punches landed it's been pretty comfortable for Joshua. Franklin has hung in there and hussled but not landed enough for it to be close imo.

Wayne's World

Is it? Going by punches landed it's been pretty comfortable for Joshua. Franklin has hung in there and hussled but not landed enough for it to be close imo.
No not now, Joshua won the last 3 rounds pretty convincingly, was close to that point

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Have you lot watched Joshua before!? Of course he's cautious, he's got a terrible gas tank. When he blows his load he's vulnerable.

Abraxas

Round 11 sums up post Ruiz Joshua. Gets Franklin's attention with a body shot. Proceeds to not throw another punch for 30 seconds.

All mental with him. I don't see a particularly physically eroded guy. He's always been a bit stiff and pulling back from shots defensively. The main difference is he's just not a killer anymore.

Vapor trail

Have you lot watched Joshua before!? Of course he's cautious, he's got a terrible gas tank. When he blows his load he's vulnerable.
I still don't think this is a valid excuse, he's still throwing shoulder / arm punches, even the right hand doesn't have his weight behind it. The only punch he's thrown that he sat on was to the body and it backed Franklin up. Caution is no excuse for inept technique.

Wayne's World

Joshua 8-4 but he's finished. I can't see him competing against the elite in the ring anymore.

I wouldn't fancy him to beat Wilder either

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
He was obviously shit scared of getting caught and his career being ended.
I actually think Joshua will fair better as an underdog against one of the top guys….it’ll suit his mentally better to not be fancied and he might not fight so stiff

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Only dropped 2 or 3 rounds probably but lacklustre performance. Franklin is somewhat crafty but basic. Needed a statement performance and that wasn't it.

Abraxas

It's not too dissimilar to what happened with Wlad.

If you watch early career Wlad, he was much more aggressive. He took risks. Threw more hooks.

Gets knocked out by Sanders and he reinvented himself into the robotic, grab and jab merchant we came to know and love.

You can see a bit of this process in Joshua. He's always thinking and reacting, never flowing. Calculating the precise distance of every jab in case he gets countered over the top. Being hesitant to throw hooks and uppercuts because they're more risky than straight punches. He even pulls out straight back in a panic like Wlad did, which most of the time works because of their height and distance.

He's still pretty good but he's never going to be elite anymore because I don't see him breaking through this barrier. He's had multiple attempts at it now.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Did he just accuse everybody who fights him of being a game raiser? :lol:

Abraxas

Fight Whyte I reckon. That would be a decent cash out. Settle that old score. 2 guys that look past their best years lately which probably means it could be a good fight. Makes a lot of sense because there's no point in seeing Joshua in with Fury, and I doubt they'll be keen to line his chin up in front of Wilder's right hand.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I reckon he needed that. A confidence boost that he can win convincingly going the distance.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
AJ v Whyte next would be smart. He isn't ready if ever for the elite level now.