The Rise Of Ruben Amorim

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
This is how its going to play out:
Ruben -> Hodgson -> Dalglish -> Brendan

Lyng

Sadly I think this is the perfect replacement. The way he utilizes so many players as goalthreats fits like a glove with Liverpool.

Stadjer

I dont think its that he is not well thought of, I think a lot of people just cant understand why he is being rayed so highly at this point and why Liverpool are interested when he is no more qualified for the job there than Steven Gerrard is.
Liverpool is a horrible club without respect for their club legends. They should appoint Steven Gerrard. He gave his all to Liverpool, the least they can do is make him manager!

InfiniteBoredom

Liverpool is a horrible club without respect for their club legends. They should appoint Steven Gerrard. He gave his all to Liverpool, the least they can do is make him manager!
Agreed, they should also make Carragher his assistant. And while we are at it, Michael Owen as DOF due to his holistic CV.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Or they make good appointments and use there brains and knowledge… (I know you was being sarcastic) or I hope you was :lol:

Kaos

Would rather him than Alonso tbh. Amorim is still largely unproven outside of Portugal and could be their Ten Hag, but knowing their luck he'll be their Klopp MK 2.

So we'll probably end up with De Zerbi or one of the two uninspiring English names we're perpetually linked with then, assuming INEOS actually bin Ten Hag in the summer.

DJ_21

i don't want anyone bitching and moaning if he does well. "United should have got him" etc etc Looking at all the criticisms here, he is not well thought of.
I think he may be a decent appointment but that depends on how long they give him. I think he may struggle at first. The question is will he play a back 3 or not? I don’t think he always played that I’m pretty sure he use to play a 4-3-3 because Bruno played in midfield for them that’s if it was him who was manager back then.

izec

It is the right appointment. There is always risk, but he is the right profile. If it doesnt work out, the next one might. But you hire the best one available.

While we go for Potter/Southgate/De Zerbi. Neither is good enough, you already know from the start. There isnt even hope one of them might become good enough.

mu4c_20le

Weird choice. He seems intelligent, but prefers 3 at the back, and completely different to Klopp. Won't be a seamless transition thats for sure.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think he'll initially start the season well. A bright purple patch but gradually I can see them drop off on results and performances.
So, I'm expecting them to go into another transitional phase.
What helps them and Amorim is this Liverpool side have a good balance in youth and experience.

Overal, I can see them finish in 5th/6th place. Do well in the domestic cubs but may crash out in Europe in surprising fashion .

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I am not familiar with him, but I welcome all the promising coaches with new ideas ply their trade in EPL. There is more than one way to play football.

evil_geko

Meh, I am just glad it's not Alonso, couldn't care less about Amorim.

Zed is not dead

Funny how he transformes into a truly world class coach the second the news about him being linked to Liverpool came.
Nobody ever truly watches the Portuguese league but somehow we’re fools for not snatching him up.
This place never ceases to amaze me

crackers0seven

Could be a success. But also could be next ETH. Tier 2 league success,some good results in europe(less than ETH), a style of play etc.. coming to a a club in better condition than utd when eth came. Be interesting to see does he go with his style or does he continue on with klopps team style..if he does go his own way,will he fold like ETH did after 2games and go back to former style

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
What’s he like on the touchline? Can’t be arsed with yet another rival manager playing up for the cameras.
  • He sheds a single tear at the beginning of every match
  • When the referee gives a decision he likes he locks his lips
  • When his team takes a penalty he turns his back, but unlike Klopp he starts taking a selfie video
  • If he gets into a bit of agro with another manager he points to his penis
  • When his team wins he finds a small child and touches their forehead with his index finger
  • He's been known the research the most popular lager in the geographic area and only drinks that
  • At Sporting he has a full moon projected into the sky as he believes that this brings out special abilities

always_hoping

Interesting choice of manager as they seek to retain the Premier league title next season.

Unlike United where managers struggle, they are a well run club right now so even an above average manager would probably do a decent job.

RedRocket9908

Or they make good appointments and use there brains and knowledge… (I know you was being sarcastic) or I hope you was :lol:
Are they really making a good appointment using their brains and knowledge here though or are they just appointing him in panic after pinning all their hopes on Xabi Alonso taking the job.

DJ_21

Are they really making a good appointment using their brains and knowledge here though or are they just appointing him in panic after pinning all their hopes on Xabi Alonso taking the job.
No idea. What I meant was they usually make the right decision. Hiring klopp and now there going for an up and coming manager who they think will be long term. Obvs alonso was there number 1 target but since he rejected them they are looking for the next best thing in there opinion. It would have been easy for them to go for someone like De Zerbi/Nagelsmann. They like to gamble

DJ_21

I dont want them to make a good appointment :( I want them to appoint Steven Gerrard!
So do we all. Like I said though I think he’ll struggle to start of with and if they give him time he’ll probably start to do well. Losing a top manager takes a lot of time to get over as we all know. City will be the same once pep leaves, it as a massive affect on players.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I need to know how comfortable he is being a father figure to millions, a standard bearer of club and city culture, being witty and beloved in the press and making everyone connected to the club without exception love and adore him.

Jürgen kinda redefined the job description whilst he was here. No wonder he asked for a sporting director.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think he'll initially start the season well. A bright purple patch but gradually I can see them drop off on results and performances.
So, I'm expecting them to go into another transitional phase.
What helps them and Amorim is this Liverpool side have a good balance in youth and experience.

Overal, I can see them finish in 5th/6th place. Do well in the domestic cubs but may crash out in Europe in surprising fashion .
I can see this as well. I think we're going to have to be patient with whoever replaces Klopp. It's a huge transition for the club.

He's not my first choice (I was all in on Alonso) but I trust the club's hierarchy that they've approached Amorim for a reason. Maybe see something stylistically that makes him a good choice.

If we go to a back three it'll be interesting to see how certain players adapt to that. I think Gomez would be well suited to it. But where does TAA fit in? I don't see him as a wing back personally. Robertson would do well in that system.

C'est Moi Cantona

Interesting choice of manager as they seek to retain the Premier league title next season.

Unlike United where managers struggle, they are a well run club right now so even an above average manager would probably do a decent job.
I think some would have said that about United just before Fergie left.

At least they haven't got their equivalent of Moyes, but Amorim is going to have to be elite to stop them falling off a cliff next season.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
So now that Alonso and Amorim are spoken for that only leaves Southgate to go to a big club in the PL. :D

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Did not take long for Amorim to be placed on the same pedestal as Alonso. Never change Liverpool fans :D

always_hoping

I think some would have said that about United just before Fergie left.

At least they haven't got their equivalent of Moyes, but Amorim is going to have to be elite to stop them falling off a cliff next season.
Were ran by the Glazers before he left and the true level of how much Ferguson was holding things together was seen in the next decade. Liverpool well ran wasn't just Klopp, getting Michael Edwards back a big boost to them. Back in the 90s their equivalent of Moyes was Graeme Souness.

Swedish_Plumber

• He sheds a single tear at the beginning of every match
  • When the referee gives a decision he likes he locks his lips
  • When his team takes a penalty he turns his back, but unlike Klopp he starts taking a selfie video
  • If he gets into a bit of agro with another manager he points to his penis
  • When his team wins he finds a small child and touches their forehead with his index finger
  • He's been known the research the most popular lager in the geographic area and only drinks that
  • At Sporting he has a full moon projected into the sky as he believes that this brings out special abilities
Aw jeez

C'est Moi Cantona

Were ran by the Glazers before he left and the true level of how much Ferguson was holding things together was seen in the next decade. Liverpool well ran wasn't just Klopp, getting Michael Edwards back a big boost to them. Back in the 90s their equivalent of Moyes was Graeme Souness.
I'm not saying Liverpool are anything like our level of mess, but it's not too much of a stretch to say that Klopp has got loads more out the players they have bought than virtually any other manager could have done, just like Fergie with us in his latter years, and when you take that away you are suddenly left with a bit of mess when the new guy comes in to replace the irrplaceable, and Liverpool won't have the spending power we did to try and get themselves out of it either, much as it didn't do us much good.

Deco10Legend

Supports
Fc Porto
He is likable guy, most of the time he is very respectful, even to referees. Unlike my teams manager haha.

He works well with youngsters, Sporting plays attacking football and scores a lot.

Sure, it’s the Portuguese league, we all remember how Vilas Boas bottled his chances, but on paper, Amorim makes perfect sense.

AndrewMac

Managing in a crap Portuguese league is a total different ball game to managing in the Premier League, handling egos, transfers, etc

They struck lucky with Klopp who had German league titles, got to Champions league final before joining Liverpool. This guy has none of that.

Got a feeling that maybe the new heirachy maybe want a 'yes man', and not a strong personality to tackle them. Alonso would be strong and powerful.

Phil

Agh hate this. Sporting hadn’t cracked Benfica and Porto in the league for about 20 years until this bloke came along. And they’re hopefully en route to a second.

I think he’s the best appointment they could make.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Managing in a crap Portuguese league is a total different ball game to managing in the Premier League, handling egos, transfers, etc

They struck lucky with Klopp who had German league titles, got to Champions league final before joining Liverpool. This guy has none of that.

Got a feeling that maybe the new heirachy maybe want a 'yes man', and not a strong personality to tackle them. Alonso would be strong and powerful.
What is he Arnold Schwarzenegger? You sound like Tarzan typing. Where did you come up with this theory that Amorim is a yes man.

QuietOn Fortune

I actually think this gives us a chance of getting Xabi Alonso to manage us.

I think part of the Southgate Potter stuff is almost PR to raise the hype when we get a new manager that is at a completely high level.

More than this coming from Sir Ratcliffe - I see this coming because of Omar Berrada.

You don't go snatch some of the best DOF's, the best technical directors, the best youth set up coaches (Southampton lad) & then get an absolutely bang average manager.

Maybe its delusional - but I can see Omar Berrada trying to convince Xabi Alonso to start this 'new exciting project' or even Zidane who has said he has no interest in the PL.

The fact that neither has any association with United does give us less of a chance - but people shouldn't underestimate the power of a new exciting project either with all these new wonderful workers.

I'm saying we are going for Xabi Alonso, Zidane or Nagelsmann in that order with Simeone & Motta being under dogs.

With Klopp gone next year - it gives an open space for title contending because the 1st/2nd best manager in England and arguably the world is leaving this league.

I also believe this is Pep's last season (don't know about his contract) because he is giving players like Doku & Foden, Bobb more of a chance than he did before almost like he is ready to leave having created a new generation for Man City to take on and do well without him having won all competitions for them last year.

It's again very delusional - but if we do get a top level manager in, i believe we will be title contenders next year without a squad to actually win it especially if someone like Arsenal win it this season. Easy top 4 in my opinion.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool
I actually think this gives us a chance of getting Xabi Alonso to manage us.

I think part of the Southgate Potter stuff is almost PR to raise the hype when we get a new manager that is at a completely high level.

More than this coming from Sir Ratcliffe - I see this coming because of Omar Berrada.

You don't go snatch some of the best DOF's, the best technical directors, the best youth set up coaches (Southampton lad) & then get an absolutely bang average manager.

Maybe its delusional - but I can see Omar Berrada trying to convince Xabi Alonso to start this 'new exciting project' or even Zidane who has said he has no interest in the PL.

The fact that neither has any association with United does give us less of a chance - but people shouldn't underestimate the power of a new exciting project either with all these new wonderful workers.

I'm saying we are going for Xabi Alonso, Zidane or Nagelsmann in that order with Simeone & Motta being under dogs.

With Klopp gone next year - it gives an open space for title contending because the 1st/2nd best manager in England and arguably the world is leaving this league.

I also believe this is Pep's last season (don't know about his contract) because he is giving players like Doku & Foden, Bobb more of a chance than he did before almost like he is ready to leave having created a new generation for Man City to take on and do well without him having won all competitions for them last year.

It's again very delusional - but if we do get a top level manager in, i believe we will be title contenders next year without a squad to actually win it especially if someone like Arsenal win it this season. Easy top 4 in my opinion.
In no universe would Alonso come to manage United, not when he's already rejected a move to Liverpool and could probably have the pick of the top teams in Germany and Spain, possibly even Man City, when Pep leaves (hopefully next year).

I still think you're a good 4-5 years from a title challenge, especially if the Potter/Southgate rumours are to be believed.

redcucumber

In no universe would Alonso come to manage United, not when he's already rejected a move to Liverpool and could probably have the pick of the top teams in Germany and Spain, possibly even Man City, when Pep leaves (hopefully next year).

I still think you're a good 4-5 years from a title challenge, especially if the Potter/Southgate rumours are to be believed.
feck all chance we poached City's head honcho just to appoint Southgate.