Gaming The SM RedCafe League

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Fulham with the result of the day for me.

They have a small squad as it is and had 4 players out yet still managed a 2-0 win against United. fecking well played that! :eek:

JB7

Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 Bristol Rovers, hat trick from Park Chu Young.

Annoyingly Bradford won yet again, still 5 points clear of me but MK Dons only drew, so that gives me my 3 point cushion in 2nd back.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
De Gea upto level 2 concern :lol: give him a pay increase Z you tight bollocks! It has been a good month and a bit since he developed that concern!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm only interested in the Elite league anyway... :nervous:

Levo

Band of Brothers
Drew 2-2, thankfully others around me dropped points which only puts me a win out of the CL spots again.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Next up for me is Derby at home which i'm really nervous about. He's got a quality 1st team, actually better than mine. He's also on a run of decent form, unbeaten in 5...

Show mercy Derby, allow your neighbours a chance of getting to the automatic positions! :angel:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The position of teams in Division 2 after each league game:

Colour Key
Yellow = Top
Dark Green = Other automatic place
Lighter Green = Play-off spot
Orange = Relegation zone

Word Key
HP = Highest Position
LP = Lowest Position
AP = Average Position

Looking at that the 'success' seems to be focused around the teams beginning with letters H - M (apart from Leicester City who is the odd one out). Cardiff have done brilliantly but have gone out of form at the same time some other sides have picked up form and as a result are outside the play-offs. Middlesbrough and Leeds are the only two sides not to have been below 6th at any point in the season so far, however with Middlesbrough's current form there is a chance they could drop out of the play-offs.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Look at me go, coming good when it matters :cool:

Blackpool seem to be following the same trend of having a very slow start and gradually improving, Cardiff as well. My lowest point in the game was Week 11/12 when I was 16th. On Week 12, Cardiff and I were in the bottom half of the table. Amazing turn around really for us to be in the positions we are. Blackpool as well.

Week 12
Milwall 1st
Leeds 2nd
Boro 3rd
Ipswich 7th
Blackpool 10th
Cardiff 13th
Forest 16th

Week 27
Leeds 1st
Ipswich 2nd
Milwall 3rd
Forest 4th
Boro 5th
Blackpool 6th
Cardiff 7th

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Four straight, finally playing to my potential.
You and Coventry are on fire lately. I'm glad I've played my games with you two already. Wouldn't fancy my chances against you atm, you're both flying. I have Coventry tipped as a dark horse late entry into the playoffs. You're too far behind though.

I'm relieved how the results went today. Some space is starting to stretch out between me and the teams pushing for the playoffs. Still so close, literally any team from 14th or above could still get into the playoffs imo.

Scrumpet

There are no words
After Brighton on Thursday I've to play Derby, Leeds then Blackpool. I lost those three games in a row earlier in the season.

Damien

Staff
You and Coventry are on fire lately. I'm glad I've played my games with you two already. Wouldn't fancy my chances against you atm, you're both flying. I have Coventry tipped as a dark horse late entry into the playoffs. You're too far behind though.
And aren't I the lucky one who gets to play them both one after another.

After Portsmouth:

Nottingham Forest (H)
Ipswich Town (A)
Coventry City (H)
Leicester City (A)
Millwall (H)
Doncaster Rovers (A)
Hull City (H)
Middlesbrough (A)

A horrible run of fixtures - and the first 5 I'll be missing Yarmolenko for. After being top of the league most of the season I could easily end up in the play-offs after all those. Could end up ruing only taking 1 point off Barnsley in 2 games and some other results.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
And aren't I the lucky one who gets to play them both one after another.

After Portsmouth:

Nottingham Forest (H)
Ipswich Town (A)
Coventry City (H)
Leicester City (A)
Millwall (H)
Doncaster Rovers (A)
Hull City (H)
Middlesbrough (A)

A horrible run of fixtures - and the first 5 I'll be missing Yarmolenko for.
My remaining fixtures:

Got some really tricky games in there. If I can beat you Damien, then I think I can close the gap a bit further. Doubt I can get within striking distance, but it'll be closer than the 10 points it is now.

Colour corresponds to what my results were earlier in the season.

Derby County - [H] - 14th
Leeds United - [A] - 1st
Blackpool - [H] - 6th

Bristol City - [A] - 10th
Burnley - [H] - 16th
Birmingham City - [A] - 12th

Crystal Palace - [H] - 8th
Peterborough United - [A] - 17th
Barnsley - [H] - 20th
Portsmouth - [A] - 18th

Cardiff City - [A] - 7th

Infact looking at the sums. Its pretty much impossible for me to catch you Damien. You'd have to have an awful run of form and i'd have to win pretty much every game. If I managed 20 points from those fixtures, you'd only need 10 points to be joint points with me and your GD is much better. I think you can manage more than 10 points and I really doubt I can get 20 points anyway! :p

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
What's all this talk about division 2 when we have Champions League football tomorrow?

Focus people!

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
De Gea upto level 2 concern :lol: give him a pay increase Z you tight bollocks! It has been a good month and a bit since he developed that concern!
:lol: He can wait a little bit.

Lost 2 nil to Fulham, disappointing game. Nani sent off and suspended and Robinho with a suspension also for picking up too many yellows. Really missed the chance to close the gap to 1 point after City lost.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Due to him being surplus at Watford, Marc Andre Ter-Stegen is available for loan.

20 - GK - 87.

kps88

You need to get another keeper before you're allowed to loan him out Levo. I get the message "cannot loan last two GKs". If you decide to sign a 70 rated keeper, I'd like to loan Stegen.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Nottingham Forest are happy to announce that Jeremain Lens from PSV has accepted terms with Nottingham Forest! The talented 24 year old who managed 11 goals and 17 assists in 50 matches in 2011/2012 will be inline to make his debut against Derby in 3 days time.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Was so tempted to bid on him just to worry you.. :D

Damien

Staff
My remaining fixtures:

Got some really tricky games in there. If I can beat you Damien, then I think I can close the gap a bit further. Doubt I can get within striking distance, but it'll be closer than the 10 points it is now.

Colour corresponds to what my results were earlier in the season.

Derby County - [H] - 14th
Leeds United - [A] - 1st
Blackpool - [H] - 6th

Bristol City - [A] - 10th
Burnley - [H] - 16th
Birmingham City - [A] - 12th

Crystal Palace - [H] - 8th
Peterborough United - [A] - 17th
Barnsley - [H] - 20th
Portsmouth - [A] - 18th

Cardiff City - [A] - 7th

Infact looking at the sums. Its pretty much impossible for me to catch you Damien. You'd have to have an awful run of form and i'd have to win pretty much every game. If I managed 20 points from those fixtures, you'd only need 10 points to be joint points with me and your GD is much better. I think you can manage more than 10 points and I really doubt I can get 20 points anyway! :p
Maybe. All it takes is one more injury to me and for you to have a relatively injury free remainder of the season and it could be possible for you to overtake. If I want to be promoted via the automatics I'll probably need around 70 points so 17 from 33.

Here's my colour coded fixture list:

Portsmouth - [A] - 18th
Nottingham Forest - [H] - 4th
Ipswich Town - [A] - 2nd
Coventry City - [H] - 9th
Leicester City - [A] - 15th
Millwall - [H] - 3rd

---------- Yarmolenko returns from injury
Doncaster Rovers - [A] - 13th
Hull City - [H] - 11th
Middlesbrough - [A] - 5th
Brighton and Hove Albion - [H] - 19th
Derby County - [A] - 14th

The first three in particular are the big tests. Beat Portsmouth and avoid defeat against you and Ipswich and I'm in a good position, though ideally I'd want 7 points or more out of the 9. Repeating the results from the last time I played those teams would put me on 74 points, and would probably seal the title. This time around the fixtures will be even tougher and some of the greens will become blue or red and some of the blues will turn into red.