Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
1-1 draw against Bolton. That'll do but looking at the chances I'm disappointed we didn't get all 3 points. Leeds - 17 shots (8 on target), Bolton - 5 shots (1 on target).

My defence is something that still needs work on (as well as the strikers finishing chances).

Baxter

1-1 against Sheffield United. AMC had a shocker. 5 rating then a 4 today. What the fook?

Levo

Band of Brothers
Me neither Cider, many more results like this and I'll give up both leagues.

Stupid.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
I can't win a game on this anymore. No idea what I'm doing wrong :(
My Millwall team went to shit halfway through division 2 after I started buying loads of players when all the transfers bans expired. You seem to be constantly buying, it may have an effect on results maybe?

cj_sparky

Don't worry Division 3, I'll be back soon.

Another game where I have 16 shots, 11 on target and then Norwich have 12 shots, 4 of them on target. As you'll guess Norwich beat me 4-1:lol:

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
And Burnley can get fecked too, 2-0 me arse, deserved a draw out of that. Wankers.

Damien

Staff
Division 1 table update:

My fellow promoted teams have done very well to start off with. I'll need to get 3 points in a game soon to give me any chance of staying up - especially as the teams below me are those who I expect to be in the top 10 come the end of the season.

I've got another home game next but it is against Blackburn who have got 6 points out of 6.

ciderman9000000

My Millwall team went to shit halfway through division 2 after I started buying loads of players when all the transfers bans expired. You seem to be constantly buying, it may have an effect on results maybe?
I doubt it's anything to do with that; the morale of all my players is in the green and I've only one who's unhappy at not getting enough games.

I just can't find any tactics that work. The problem is, there doesn't seem to be any way of deciphering what went wrong when I lose, or what I've got to change to get the best out of my players; I play attacking and lose, so I play defensive and then still lose; I've even tried copying tactics directly from teams who're winning a lot, but I still lose; I look at what tactics my opponent plays and what tactics have beaten those same tactics in previous games, but I still lose. I'm not sure what else to try really.

ciderman9000000

It's funny that both of you played a 4-4-1-1 against a 4-2-3-1 and had the same amount of possession (41%). Lesson learnt.
What's the lesson though?

As I said, I've tried adopting tactics that have worked previously against the tactics my opposition uses, but soon I gave that up when it invariably led to me simply losing by a greater margin than usual.

I've looked through loads of games trying to get a handle on what beats what, I spent hours at the end of last season going through games and entering tactics into an Excel spreadsheet with the hope of finding out which work well against which others; all I found was that everything works well against everything else, except sometimes everything fails miserably against everything else.

Levo

Band of Brothers
What's the lesson though?

As I said, I've tried adopting tactics that have worked previously against the tactics my opposition uses, but soon I gave that up when it invariably led to me simply losing by a greater margin than usual.

I've looked through loads of games trying to get a handle on what beats what, I spent hours at the end of last season going through games and entering tactics into an Excel spreadsheet with the hope of finding out which work well against which others; all I found was that everything works well against everything else, except sometimes everything fails miserably against everything else.
Exactly, I adopted a 4-2-3-1 with Spurs at the end of last season and it hardly helped what so ever.

Starts to ruin the game when you go on huge losing streaks or get odd results. Hoped that a new season would give a better go for the team but apparently not.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
It's funny that both of you played a 4-4-1-1 against a 4-2-3-1 and had the same amount of possession (41%). Lesson learnt.
I noticed Levo used a 4-4-1-1 in his last fixture, and so in retaliation I played my tried and trusted defensive 4-2-3-1 tactic against a better side away from home. The extra man in midfield was obviously the main factor.

Damien

Staff
I doubt it's anything to do with that; the morale of all my players is in the green and I've only one who's unhappy at not getting enough games.

I just can't find any tactics that work. The problem is, there doesn't seem to be any way of deciphering what went wrong when I lose, or what I've got to change to get the best out of my players; I play attacking and lose, so I play defensive and then still lose; I've even tried copying tactics directly from teams who're winning a lot, but I still lose; I look at what tactics my opponent plays and what tactics have beaten those same tactics in previous games, but I still lose. I'm not sure what else to try really.
I know. I don't expect all the information to be handed to me on a plate as to what went wrong and how to fix it but in real life there's still some indication of what is wrong with your team whereas here there's nothing and you're left to decide for yourself which usually ends up in more poor results.

ciderman9000000

I know. I don't expect all the information to be handed to me on a plate as to what went wrong and how to fix it but in real life there's still some indication of what is wrong with your team whereas here there's nothing and you're left to decide for yourself which usually ends up in more poor results.
I'm baffled by it tbh. The tactics side of things seems to be one big convoluted game of paper/scissor/stone, only you're never told what beats what, and anyway, more often than not, what beats what one game contradicts what beats what in the next; to make matters worse, what does eventually beat what doesn't seem to have any grounding in common sense in regards to the actual game of football.

I love the transfer side of the game though, choosing my players and all that from the great wide world of football. I'm thrilled every time some shitty youth-team nobody from Papua New Guinea gets a +3 rating increase. There's nothing worse than a player on your shortlist getting a rise though, I wish the game wouldn't tell you when that happens, or at least, I wish it wouldn't tell you using the same fecking alert message as when one of your actual players gets a rise! It's like getting two numbers on the lottery or missing an accumulator by one results - I'd rather get none than be close sans cigar.

Heffo

Only my second game so don't know if this is the norm, but I have to laugh at the players match ratings. My winger got 3 assists from play and only got a rating of 6 in a 4-0 win, one of my on loan youngsters came on with 15 minutes to go and did nothing but somehow managed a rating of 8, the second highest on my team.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Beat Newcastle 2-0, still Top of the league (TM).

Oh feck off Fulham.

Trionz

If someone is interested, I have few players in 80-83 range that i had like to loan out.
The benefit is they are on wages equivalent to that of a 75rated player.