Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Varun

Staff
Oh and absolutely delighted to sign Embolo. Would do a proper fake 3rd person announcement with pics and shit but can't be arsed :D

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I feel like blowing this game up from the inside. Fabinho doesn't even get his deserved 89. :lol:

Wtf why did Silva get a + 1 to 89!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
So Koziello went up 2 from 82 to 84 and his new valuation is only 400k more than his previous valuation. Bensebaini rose from 78 to 82 and that also averaged out at 200k per rating increase.

You can't even make good money from buying risers anymore. How the feck are smaller clubs meant to make money! They have to sign players and wait for at least a full year now before they will have risen enough to be worth selling on.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
So Koziello went up 2 from 82 to 84 and his new valuation is only 400k more than his previous valuation. Bensebaini rose from 78 to 82 and that also averaged out at 200k per rating increase.

You can't even make good money from buying risers anymore. How the feck are smaller clubs meant to make money! They have to sign players and wait for at least a full year now before they will have risen enough to be worth selling on.
Ye, it's fecking ridiculous.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Ye, it's fecking ridiculous.
So a player has to rise by 5 to make £1m on him. Given how fecking shit Soccerwiki are at rating players it takes forever to do this.

Koziello has risen 7 ratings since I bought him and using this new system i'll have made a profit of £1.8m. That's a rare example of a player rising very fast too, so you're basically expecting a rise of around £1.0m (4 ratings). But you have to take wages into account... so 7k wages every game. We've played roughly 28 games since I bought him in August, that's 220k. So you lose 11 rise worth from wages alone.

The Stain

Just wrote a post about this on SM forum. Let's see how they respond, IF they respond that is.

Varun

Staff
So a player has to rise by 5 to make £1m on him. Given how fecking shit Soccerwiki are at rating players it takes forever to do this.

Koziello has risen 7 ratings since I bought him and using this new system i'll have made a profit of £1.8m. That's a rare example of a player rising very fast too, so you're basically expecting a rise of around £1.0m (4 ratings). But you have to take wages into account... so 7k wages every game. We've played roughly 28 games since I bought him in August, that's 220k. So you lose 1.1 rise worth from wages alone.
It's shitty but I doubt it's as simple as 200k for 1 rating rise ignoring all other factors. Base rating and age would definitely be factored. Or definitely 'should'.

Missed a . btw

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's shitty but I doubt it's as simple as 200k for 1 rating rise ignoring all other factors. Base rating and age would definitely be factored. Or definitely 'should'.

Missed a . btw
Age only seems to alter value from 24 or above. It's hard for me to actually look though given how young my squad is... i'll check it out in a bit more depth if I can bothered.

Varun

Staff
Age only seems to alter value from 24 or above. It's hard for me to actually look though given how young my squad is... i'll check it out in a bit more depth if I can bothered.
Naah, age, rating and position are all considered to arrive at the value. See the difference between a striker and a defender with the same rating and of the same age. Substantial difference in value. Same for positions remaining the same but with an age gap, a difference but not as much as earlier etc

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Naah, age, rating and position are all considered to arrive at the value. See the difference between a striker and a defender with the same rating and of the same age. Substantial difference in value. Same for positions remaining the same but with an age gap, a difference but not as much as earlier etc
Not for me.

Vietto - 22 years old - 88 rated / 12m
Geis - 22 years old - 88 rated / 12m
Fabinho - 22 years old - 88 rated / 12m
Arnold - 21 years old - 88 rated / 12m
Willems - 21 years old - 88 rated / 12m

Berahino - 22 years old - 87 rated / 8m
Wendell - 22 years old - 87 rated / 8m
Karius - 22 years old - 87 rated / 8m
Baba - 21 years old - 87 rated / 8m
Jonny - 21 years old - 87 rated / 8m
Mendy - 21 years old - 87 rated / 8m
Sanson - 21 years old - 87 rated / 8m
Gomez - 21 years old - 87 rated / 8m

The reason why some players like Munir / Embolo are valued so high is because SM have decided to add a new valuation for "superstars". So you have the normal value and then you have superstar value.

Varun

Staff
Not for me.

Vietto - 22 years old - 88 rated / 12m
Geis - 22 years old - 88 rated / 12m
Fabinho - 22 years old - 88 rated / 12m
Arnold - 21 years old - 88 rated / 12m
Willems - 21 years old - 88 rated / 12m

Berahino - 22 years old - 87 rated / 8m
Wendell - 22 years old - 87 rated / 8m
Karius - 22 years old - 87 rated / 8m
Baba - 21 years old - 87 rated / 8m
Jonny - 21 years old - 87 rated / 8m
Mendy - 21 years old - 87 rated / 8m
Sanson - 21 years old - 87 rated / 8m
Gomez - 21 years old - 87 rated / 8m

The reason why some players like Munir / Embolo are valued so high is because SM have decided to add a new valuation for "superstars". So you have the normal value and then you have superstar value.
I see. That makes sense seeing my squad too.

JoaquinJoaquin

All this discussion about things like this is all fine and well, however, it's missing a far bigger picture for smaller clubs.....

1. HOW the feck can clubs in lower divisions catch up if our "managers valuation" sell ons have disappeared?

Contradicting myself a little here, but I do see that in the new way players are valued that players now have relative value and they don't lose value if you have two or three in that position as you did before, which is a much needed change. However! Look at a club like Leeds (for example) where he has picked players based on their ratings (90+) and ignored their age. He will be stuffed because the sell on value of the older players will have gone, and their wages will have risen significantly to reflect their rating. With the sell on value gone, Leeds will be struggling to compete when he changes his squad. Luckily, his Nasri sell on will cover most of it, but imagine if he didn't have him?

The only way I can see smaller clubs progressing now is by buying young players that will rise quickly, but that means we are fighting with you lot of money-bags owners in the 1st division, where as before we could buy say Nani (for example) for £6 million and sell him on in a couple of months for £11 Million. That would subsiside our incomings/outgoings deficit and allow us to make a couple of mill to upgrade the player. It would take a while, and it meant changing your team constantly, but it gave smaller clubs a way of feeling like they were making a dent and progressing, albeit very slowly. Now that has gone, it is just a game of who gets the young players first, and that's all well and good, but when we can only bid £75k and West Ham (for instance) can bid £87k, then it's not really fair. Not to mention how long it would take for those players to gain decent value. It could be years!

Many teams will be faced with the problem of players who were previously valued exceedingly high by your chairman/club and now they are worth half that.

Tough shit I guess?
Yup, looks like it.

I have said about it a few weeks ago. Basically all the top teams are getting the best young players and just stock piling them alongside the world class players they have, To the point there is basically no good youngsters left or if you do manage to get one half decent it's by pure chance and luck.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I see. That makes sense seeing my squad too.
So I've just copied some of the data from 87 rated players and here's how it works I think:

*Please note that if your player has a concern it drops value

Tier 1: £24.0m
TIELEMANS, Youri
COMAN, Kingsley
MARTIAL, Anthony

Tier 2: £12.0m
JANUZAJ, Adnan
RABIOT, Adrien
ROMAGNOLI, Alessio
CHAMBERS, Calum
DEULOFEU, Gerard
SAÚL, Ñíguez

Tier 3: £8.0m
Too many to list, but there aren't any aged 24 or above.

Tier 4: £6.0m
23 years old to 27 years old

Tier 5: £3.9m
27 years old+
The value declines after each birthday by the looks of it.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yeah, it does, and it did before the update as well. Nani went from £8m to £6m on his Birthday a couple of weeks ago, he's now back up to over £11m. :wenger:
Yeah, but now it doesn't decline until you hit the above tiers. It's only when a player is 27 or over that it now declines with every birthday.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Really didn't expect the Silva rise. If both Roberto and Goretzka rise too I'll have to make some tough decisions about who to sell. Roberto should get a +2, Goretzka a +1

The Stain

Well, someone should take over NUFC for a second before they spend 15 mill anywho.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Shit. Away to MK Dons tonight. Thought it was West Ham.

Shield ties tonight involving Division 1 sides:
Accrington Stanley v Arsenal
Aston Villa v Wigan Athletic
Bristol City v Southampton
Darlington 1883 v Grimsby Town
Fulham v Portsmouth
Manchester City v Leicester City
Mansfield Town v Norwich City
Middlesbrough v Blackburn Rovers
Milton Keynes Dons v Manchester United
Newcastle United v Walsall
Northampton Town v Sunderland
Nottingham Forest v Coventry City
Shrewsbury Town v Plymouth Argyle
Stoke City v Morecambe
Tottenham Hotspur v Peterborough United

I've got the toughest tie by miles. Bristol v Southampton should be a doozy too.